Thread: How ridiculous would a campaign on Easy be?

Default How ridiculous would a campaign on Easy be?

I love this mod, but as a forty-something with a job, family and a husky, I'm finding it's too much of a grind to really enjoy as I look on with disbelief at the endless stacks Carthage and her North African flunkies throw my way. I usually play these things more for immersion than challenge, and would rather just roleplay my way through the Roman experience than be forced to deal with the AI's ability to rebuild entire armies and navies within a few turns.

So would an 'Easy' level campaign completely break DEI's mechanics? Or are there other ways to cut down on the AI's stack spam without comprising the mod team's vision? I'm also using the softcore mod, but the AI still seems to field large forces regardless of cost.

Default Re: How ridiculous would a campaign on Easy be?

The North African flunkies in particular are annoying

Just use normal battle difficulty in game options to not break the fighting and try it, the way you play the game is up to you, if you try and happen to like it - go on

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

There is also the softcore submod which helps to reduce the aggresiveness of the AI. And then you may be able to just run the game on normal difficulty without seeing these massive continuous spawns

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

That's why submods exist. We can't really satisfy everyone with the basic setup. You know that, right?

Easy should be fine, its setup to be used for those who want it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Also, look at the Alternative Economy submod. It's author has mentioned it needs more work still, but one of its design points is specifically to counter stack spam by making recruitment costs scaled a bit high.

I've been using it lately and at least through the midgame it definitely helps with that.

It says last updated in April so don't use the official download but go to the last page or the second to last page and you should see a google drive link to one that has been updated for 1.2.3.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

I find that the African flunkies are tame on land but really hitting me hard at sea ... Which is a first. I never had a navy before as it was a waste of money since naval battles where few and far between and never represented a threat.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    I find that the African flunkies are tame on land but really hitting me hard at sea ... Which is a first. I never had a navy before as it was a waste of money since naval battles where few and far between and never represented a threat.
    Utterly bizarre. How did they get a port?

Civis

From Dardo21 on kams alternative economy
    My unofficial version should still be up to date I'd think, I also removed the bonus effects to the AI that Dresden suggested. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vz...oXzYnJHt6tl2ee
    And

Well i removed the economic campaign bonusses because Dresden noted that they might cause the AI to gain too much income :p, I can try re-adding them to see if that fixes it.
    try https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vz...oXzYnJHt6tl2ee
    These are up to date