Thread: What are the AI diplomats doing?

Default What are the AI diplomats doing?

Hey team,

I'm writing an AAR and want to include every bit of detail from the game I can. Given this, I have a question about the actions of the AI diplomats. Now, sometimes they come to speak to a general or city of mine, the scroll opens, we do some negotiating, and then they move on. Easy peasy, nothing sleezy.

However, there are also loads of instances where they camp outside a city and every turn I see them extend their scroll towards my settlement, like they want to talk, and then nothing happens. Are they trying to bribe my general/settlement and it's not taking? Are they doing something totally random I don't understand? Is the game just being odd? I know this might be a question that cannot be easily answered, but any thoughts or info would be much appreciated! I would just like to be able to mention it in the AAR if there is a foreign diplomat who for years on end is trying to bribe a general of mine. That's the kind of international scandal that would find its way into an AAR, and I'd like to know if that's what's going on. Thanks in advance for any wisdom or experience anyone could offer!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Default Re: What are the AI diplomats doing?

Yep, those animations are from the AI failing to bribe.

Default Re: What are the AI diplomats doing?

Thanks QS. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure before I wrote it up in anything.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing