Thread: How to minimize UI?

Default How to minimize UI?

This is a stupid question for the sole reason that I know the answer is here somewhere. I have seen it before, but cannot remember the answer and cannot manage to find it in the immense number of threads on the EBII fora. So, what are the necessary hotkeys for minimizing the UI on the strat/battle maps? Many thanks in advance! I need some quality screenshots for an AAR, and can't run my battle until I have this hotkey back in my pasta-strainer of a brain.

EDIT: Question answered in posts 2 and 3 below.
    Last edited by Kilo11; June 26, 2018 at 02:07 AM.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Default Re: How to minimize UI?

When in battle press Esc and go into UI Options make sure its set to Minimal HUD and then use the F5, F6 and F7 keys to switch between the modes (show, hide, slide) during battle.

Default Re: How to minimize UI?

Thanks xHoly Crusader.

I was just getting on to mark the question as answered because I figured it out on my own, but I didn't know about those hotkey switches, which will certainly prove useful.

For any hopping on who are looking for the answer to this, on the strat map one can hide the UI by pressing the scroll-lock key. In battles, as xHoly said, open the menu and you can manually hide the HUD by unclicking each option. Then use the hotkeys to turn HUD on/off as indicated in the post above.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing