Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stack spam script

Default Re: Stack spam script

I can confirm it is not just you Demetrios, I was wondering if it was the same thing, when as Cao Cao a red tide of the Sun Clan was waiting for me in the south. That is the unfortunate side of med 2 modding- I am sure a single space or an accidental period caused the problem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It was the omission of a single 'not' in a critical part of that script. Embarrassing.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It was the omission of a single 'not' in a critical part of that script. Embarrassing.
    Thank you for finding the problem! Based on your description the correction seems rather simple. Therefore could you possibly post an instruction as to how to fix it? (Or post the campaign script file where the problem is fixed, had you actually made such a file). I'd like to wait for version 2.3 to come out but it could take weeks if not months - in the meanwhile the game is utterly unplayable. I'd really rather get the hitch removed if it's not too troublesome.
    Millions of thanks!!

Blog Entries

Well, the fixing was a tad more involving. Seether did the fixing and as fas as I can tell the next update is more a matter of days then weeks. Apart from that there are additional changes in the script file that require other edited files which makes this a convoluted affair.
    The fixed section itself is about 35K lines long if memory serves.

Civis

Thanks man! Glad to get the update! I am eagerly waiting for the new version to come out

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I just posted the update in the Dev Forum, so v.2.3 will be available as soon as Gigantus completes the Installer (next day or so).
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Civis

WOW! Thanks man! You guys are responding fast
    What a blessing to have you guys working on that mod

On a completely different subject:
    When I launched the campaign for the first time, I was surprised by how small the map is. I am aware the ROTK mod is the international version of the Hanzhishang ("Waning of Han") mod first developed in China in 2013. (I have Chinese friends who played that mod - I can't play it since I can't read Chinese). The map in that mod is significantly larger. The map in ROTK actually looked familiar. Upon some recollecting it finally occurred to me it's the same map used in an earlier Chinese mod called "Sanguo Total War" (or "Three Kingdom Total War"), which is a mod of Rome Total War Alexander. (I think it came out more than 10 years ago and was now in the version of 1.9C.) The development of that mod had pretty much plateaued to a stalemate as its developer Zhuzi ("Pillar") Studio had switched its focus to M2TW based mods. The Hanzhishang mod (currently stagnating in version 1.04 since 2014) gave rise to a number of Chinese variants, all of which had become increasingly sophisticated and enhanced. I was able to try on the latest version of it: The Elegy of Han 1.6 developed by Yaowuwang - it was absolutely stunning. Not only that one, in fact all variants of the Hanzhishang mod use maps that are at least no worse than Hanzhishang's vanilla map. I therefore find it rather baffling that ROTK should dust off an ancient, quite primitive looking map from the RTW era. While in most of the other aspects ROTK team had effectively kept up with the advancing of the other Chinese variants, on the issue of map it literally leapt an era back to the past. Didn't the ROTK team receive the Pillar Studio's full authorization to adapt their products to international players? Why stick to a map that's a living fossil? Even if there are issues with the authorization, there is definitely a chance to obtain the much larger map with far more space and nuanced features that's used in virtually every Chinese variant of the Hanzhishang mod (there are Sishuiliu variant, Nufang variant, the Dahanbeige (Elegy of Han) variant mentioned earlier, along with many others, all kinda splintered off the original Hanzhishang).

I don't mean to complain, just feel genuinely curious. As I couldn't comprehend the choice of the map. Is there any plan of adopting Hanzhishang's larger map?

Blog Entries

...it's the same map used in an earlier Chinese mod called "Sanguo Total War" (or "Three Kingdom Total War"), which is a mod of Rome Total War Alexander.
    You are correct here. The mod was hosted on TWC but was removed as it included the full game plus it's (cracked) executable which is not acceptable under our rules. I contacted the team (see their logo on the splash screen) to port it to M2TW and it developed from there, making use of the additional M2 features, especially the scripting.

Changing the map size or even the layout of a map in a fully developed mod means a total rework of everything that is related to placement and co-ordinates. If you ever had a look into the script or descr_strat file you will understand that this isn't really much of an option, missing out on a small part is liable to mess up the whole mod. I would rather make a brand new mod with a different time line.

Well, in terms of age RotK is a fossil indeed - it got released a bit over 4 years ago The initial RTW look was intended at the time to showcase the porting, example: the set up\coding of wonders doesn't exist anymore in M2TW and yet we have working wonders.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 23, 2018 at 10:36 PM.

https://imgur.com/a/rAEt7dv

Here are two screenshots that I'm worry bout, Liu Bei and Yuan Shao have much more armies than other factions. I'm just curious.

Rhodri the Great's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    WOW! Thanks man! You guys are responding fast
    What a blessing to have you guys working on that mod

I don't mean to complain, just feel genuinely curious. As I couldn't comprehend the choice of the map. Is there any plan of adopting Hanzhishang's larger map?
    Could you share some pictures for the mods that you mentioned, can't find them on Google. Curious about their maps.

Quote Originally Posted by gasas View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/rAEt7dv

Here are two screenshots that I'm worry bout, Liu Bei and Yuan Shao have much more armies than other factions. I'm just curious.
    I think that is a result of units allowed per settlement level, not the script failing to work. I’ll need to adjust those numbers.

Foederatus

I think good would be AI having 1-2 armies per city max because in small factions there is problem of armies being all close together and near 1 city which makes it pretty tiring to take.

Reducing by 30% would be a good idea but don't be too harsh on this, battles should be massive and it feels rewarding even if you take one city. But for the note, AI recruit too many missile units.

Edit: Is there any economy script after 60-70 turns? My economy just drop for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DemetriosCZE View Post
    I think good would be AI having 1-2 armies per city max because in small factions there is problem of armies being all close together and near 1 city which makes it pretty tiring to take.
    You also have to take into account the size of the settlement; a faction with 2 large towns shouldn't be able to field the same number of troops as a faction with 2 large cities. The script in finicky, but I think I'm making progress with it.

Reducing by 30% would be a good idea but don't be too harsh on this, battles should be massive and it feels rewarding even if you take one city. But for the note, AI recruit too many missile units.

Edit: Is there any economy script after 60-70 turns? My economy just drop for no reason.
    Yes, diminishing returns on trade with higher level cities (smaller settlements do not affect this). Otherwise you'd have, essentially, unlimited funds.

Fair enough, that's good point. Because of early game I've never concentrate on economy too much but I will take that as a lesson for future campaigns. Btw do you have some list of generals in-game? I would like to learn about their history etc.

Fair enough, that's good point. Because of early game I've never concentrate on economy too much but I will take that as a lesson for future campaigns. Btw do you have some list of generals in-game? I would like to learn about their history etc.
    I always focus on recruitment and farms early. Then I move to economy after. As for reading, the best thing is perhaps simply google "Three kingdoms era" and have at it!

And every general has a biography trait, for at least an abbreviated history of that character.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

I have to agree, the bio's are a very nice touch.It makes you wish sometimes you could get these guys to join your side. I hate killing some of the best generals in the game. PS: The stack-spam is still present in the latest version. Cao Cao's units cover almost the entire area that they own and half of the areas they don't. I'm playing as Qingzhou atm. Movement is all but impossible, as you get surrounded on the following turn. I've cheated and auto-resolved 30 attacks in one turn, and they just keep coming.I'd leave a screen-shot, but I have to log in at least three times just to paste this message...and if I take any longer than the time to paste and post, it will not take. Also Generals seem to loose command points per battle(won). ???While sitting in a settlement, the can have 6-8 command stars, but as soon as they leave or go into combat, they are back to 0-2 stars. I realize that their health and other factors play a role, but after cheating and winning 30 battles, my general has gone from a 6 Star to a 3...and it keeps going. IE: they never seem to get any back. I gather they gain authority from victories, but that doesn't show on the unit info card. Also, generals only get credit for wins randomly. I'm guessing the odds have to be against them to count? At least thats what it looks like to me. I could edit the attributes/ancillaries files to make it work but, I thought you might have some insight as to why this appears to be happening, or if I'm doing something wrong?

I just uploaded 2.3.002 about 40 minutes before your post; tried modifying amount of units allowed per settlement type in the recruitment script.

I wouldn't focus too much on command stars; our use of a bunch of different traits makes it so that command stars are a "general idea" as to the abilities of the general. As far as why command stars will drop, there are several reasons. Fighting a battle can make a unit disorganized (trait) to various degrees which will affect them if they try to fight another battle the same turn, they could be injured or ill, or (most likely) they may be "lacking skill" in the situation (attack, defense, siege attack, siege defense, ambush, etc.) they are about to fight in or the type of units (infantry or cavalry). One thing I am going to do for the final version is make sure generals can increase their martial traits by fighting battles (lower tiers just need to fight, mid-tier needs to win, upper tier needs heroic victories).

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Thanks Seether.I figured the command stars were being influenced by some new underlying script. IE:Infantry command stats, Cavalry command stats, supply, health, ect... That is why I thought I'd ask before charging in and trying to "fix" things myself.Edit: I just re-read your post. I'm guessing that I need to re-download the 03 hotfix. I downloaded the ones from yesterday.No worries, I've got pretty good bandwidth and it only takes a couple of mins to re-download.Thanks again.
    Last edited by Otterbear; October 27, 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast