Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent Invita

Default Broken Crescent Invita

Broken Crescent 2.4.2 Invita

This is an extension of the Tweaks and Fixes submod. However, the Invita submod is non-save compatible as it has additional changes to the campaign script and campaign AI. You will need to start a new campaign with it. It is a standalone submod, that is it will not overwrite your other Broken Crescent installations but will appear side-by-side as a separate mod.

Download from Mod DB - Click on download.

Download from Mediafire

How to install. Download the mod and unzip it in your mods folder within the medieval II total war directory. Copy the bc_launch file that you will find in the main folder to your desktop as a shortcut and rename it to Broken Crescent 2.4.2 Invita.

The mod does not remove anything from version 2.4.2, it only adds features and has a few balancing tweaks and some bugfixes. It brings back many of the scripts of Grandviz, that are the key scripts of Broken Crescent, which had been removed while introducing the new factions. The idea is to harmonize the standard time-honoured Broken Crescent scripts (some of which had gone missing) with the new additions such as the extended map, new buildings and new factions introduced in version 2.4.2. Campaigns have been rebalanced and at the higher difficulty levels the AI will engage the human player and will respond appropriately to his moves.

Change log

Additions:
    1. Levels of campaign difficulty from easy to very hard are now genuinely different. In all previous versions the four difficulty levels were different in name only.
    2. The new map in the faction selection menu accurately shows the provinces each faction controls at game start.
    3. Named stone forts have been introduced, about 20 in total, placed in their actual historical locations.
    4. Added new loading screens that showcase the seven new factions.
    5. Added faction intro videos for the seven new factions.
    6. Added win and defeat end of game videoclips for the new factions.
    7. Battle dust.
    8. Some of the mercenary units that had been removed from the mercenary pools have been added back, as this was causing problems for the AI and made the AOR more extreme for both the human player and the AI, often causing AI factions to die early.
    9. Additional historical quotes from various chronicles and histories of the period, including Islamic and Hindu sources.
    10. Added stone view towers for the KoJ.

Modifications:
    1. Fixed a couple of new faction omissions from the campaign script. Many of Grandviz's original scripts have been restored and extended to the new factions.
    2. The Lusted campaign AI of v.2.4.2 has been replaced by the original Grandviz AI (which is actually a newer and more challenging AI) with some minor bugfixes.
    3. The costs of the units have been rebalanced on the model of Strelac, who had costed the units in the original Broken Crescent. The current costing scheme should be properly balanced for custom battles and online battles.
    4. The AI will now recruit better quality infantry and cavalry units for its field armies.
    5. Walls of fortifications have been slightly nerfed/debuffed. They are 2.5x stronger than vanilla as opposed to 5x stronger than vanilla.
    6. Rebalancing of the economy. Resources will no longer give you thousands of gold per turn. The human player should not be able to afford multiple full stacks of good quality units, except on easy and normal difficulty.
    7. Rebalanced campaign especially in the south west corner, where there were usually problems with the Ayyubids dying early and either the KoJ or Armenia dominating the region.
    8. New portraits for Makuria, the Steppe peoples and Islamic diplomats.
    9. Byzantine names from the King’s College database of Byzantine Prosopography. Only names of generals, high officials and the Byzantine imperial family circle have been included. The names from earlier or later periods, names of monks, made-up names, etc, have been removed and replaced with more suitable names from this period.
    10. Corrected formatting errors that caused paragraphs of text to merge into each other and made various minor text corrections, fixing spelling errors.

There remains the task of adding new historical buildings for some factions, such as the Buddhist and Hindu factions that do not get priests. Also in the “to do” list there remain the buildings of Jizya, Kafirs and Dimmis and the scripts by Grandviz dealing with the Crusades, such as the Heroes of the Crusades scripts from the original Broken Crescent.

Please send me your feedback. The submod will be released on Midnight of Thursday the 21st going into Friday the 22nd of June 2018.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; June 21, 2018 at 07:56 AM.

Default Re: Broken Crescent Invita

Thanks. Good balance and economy. Interesting ai. Playing as Georgia Medium/Medium but ctd in 47 turns. My log. https://mega.nz/#!4BhwHJJY!gcmrI8EDl...zhRkcySnfocaIs

Edit: Save works. I moved the agent re-write and no ctd. I will let you know more about it. Ai often contains a peace. Only Seljuk Empire has only 2 provinces currently. Other nations after a few or more.
    Last edited by Araven; June 22, 2018 at 02:53 PM.

The Seljuks of Kerman are some kind of default faction. They are not playable. They represent Seljuk Atabegs after the collapse of the Great Seljuk Empire. There is a mechanic such that rather than being just rebels they join up as a kind of confederation or left-over Great Seljuk state and are governed by a different set of AI rules than the rebels. Occasionally, Seljuks elsewhere will rise, somewhat as rebels, to join their confederation. They are a special kind of faction. This is nothing new, it is the same mechanic as in Broken Crescent 2.4.2.

I checked your log. The problem appears to be with this line:

23:12:43.755 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <ChristianScriptures_theologian_university>
    : SettlementBuildingExists needs a settlement.

This is a strange error that has been reported before. I am going to look into it. As I have not changed buildings or settlements or building-related scripts and it happens in BC even without my submod, this is unlikely an issue that has to do specifically with this submod.

I am glad you got your game back on track from a previous save. I would say it is good practice to save your game at the end of each game turn whichever mod you play.

What do you mean by AI often contains a peace? The AI is scripted so that AI factions are not simultaneously at war with too many other AI factions. So they try to be at peace with other AI factions and preferentially at war against the human player. However, they are also scripted so that they do not all gang up on the human player simultaneously. This is not my script, these sorts of conditions were in the original campaign AI. However, I have fixed some bugs and conditions that restricted AI aggressiveness when an AI faction was at war with the human player. So once at war, the AI will be more aggressive so long as it is not losing very badly. In such a case, it may sue for peace. AI factions will also avoid going to war against the human player if they are already at war with an AI faction, so you may get a surprising offer of a diplomatic deal by an AI faction that may seem unhistorical, because they want to have their backs covered.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; June 22, 2018 at 05:40 PM.

Ai contains a peace with other factions of ai. How did you write. In 1 turn I made a room with Eldeguzid Atabeg. I wrote about Seljuk in Anatolia. Byzantium and Armenia destroy this. Seljuk have only 2 provinces in 48 turns. Interesting game. Sorry for English I help myself with a Google translator.

New logs. After 72 turns Makuria and Ghaznavids destroy. Army Julian The Mean is IV Crusade is in The Black Sea without ship. My logs. https://mega.nz/#!4BhwHJJY!gcmrI8EDl...zhRkcySnfocaIs
    Super mod campaign is very interesting.

Edit:
    73 to 136 turn no ctd. The strongest Malikate of Singh, Georgia, The Roman Empire, The Ayyubids and Mongols. The Mongols destroy factions: The Ghurids Kara-Khitan Kaganate, The Kwarezmsahahs. Good economics and balance of military costs. A big plus. You have to do a lot of saves. Ctd is present but re-loading usually works. The Mongols are a powerfull in my opinion. It's historical but it destroys the charm of the game. A few important factions are destroyed. I will play a different faction. I won Georgia. Superb work.
    Last edited by Araven; June 24, 2018 at 03:26 AM.

New campaign Makuria. 70 turn ctd the roman empire.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    New logs. After 72 turns Makuria and Ghaznavids destroy. Army Julian The Mean is IV Crusade is in The Black Sea without ship. My logs. https://mega.nz/#!4BhwHJJY!gcmrI8EDl...zhRkcySnfocaIs
    Super mod campaign is very interesting.

Edit:
    73 to 136 turn no ctd. The strongest Malikate of Singh, Georgia, The Roman Empire, The Ayyubids and Mongols. The Mongols destroy factions: The Ghurids Kara-Khitan Kaganate, The Kwarezmsahahs. Good economics and balance of military costs. A big plus. You have to do a lot of saves. Ctd is present but re-loading usually works. The Mongols are a powerfull in my opinion. It's historical but it destroys the charm of the game. A few important factions are destroyed. I will play a different faction. I won Georgia. Superb work.

The AI does not have significant changes from the standard AI, just a few small bugfixes and maybe some changes to allow for the 4 difficulty levels.

I forgot about that Crusading army in the Black Sea. I have no idea what happened there, I was meaning to check it. I have not changed the scripts for the Crusaders, so that is strange. I will try to work it out.

I did not change the Mongols from the standard 2.4.2. They have been slightly nerfed in v.2.4.2 compared to v.2.4. They will mostly expand to their historical area. The Malikate of Sindh takes some of the areas historically taken by Khwarezm, because of the way the map and rebels have been configured. I have not changed that from 2.4.2. I have not changed anything relating to the map, the distribution of starting settlements, starting units, etc. This is more like a patch than a submod except I think the campaign AI should be more engaging, i.e. slightly more challenging on the higher difficulty levels. I will check your error logs, in case I can work out what caused your CTDs.

About the the Seljuks becoming destroyed, I actually nerfed Armenia slightly. Maybe if I can fix the problem with the 4th Crusade army, that might fix that.

Many thanks for your feedback!

In my campaign The Roman Empire is very strong. Byzantium destroys The Seljuks of Rum and The Zenghids and other factions. They have very rich provinces and fast large armies. In my opinion, bugs are in script byzantium, possibly other files of this faction. I had a ctd tour in 70 The Roman Empoire. I playing as Makuria. I used the command surrender_regions byzantium and there was no ctd in the game. In the original 2.4.2, I used to delete the Mongol script and it was approx. Mongols invasion should have about 30 to 40% of the current force. Otherwise, they conquer more than half of the maps and destroy many factions.
    Last edited by Araven; June 25, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So it ctds when I try to get to the faction selection screen. Any ideas?

I'm gonna give this a try, many thanks for the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Araven View Post
    In the original 2.4.2, I used to delete the Mongol script and it was approx. Mongols invasion should have about 30 to 40% of the current force. Otherwise, they conquer more than half of the maps and destroy many factions.
    But why? The Mongols DID ACTUALLY conquer half of the map presented and destroyed many kingdoms. As far as I understand, Broken Crescent itself is as well an attempt to make the game historically more accurate. Challenging mongols even with the prospect of losing is historically accurate and that is what makes the game experience so unique: usually by the mid-late stage of the game in vanilla versions the game is an easy run, and mongols in this mod arriving is really thrilling, makes sense to prepare for the mid-late stage of the game and is a challenge even for experienced players

This is my opinion. I'm not imposing anything on her. It's a game. Not a copy of history. Factions like The Ghurids and other neighbors have too little time to prepare them before the arrival of the Mongols. You can destroy Mongols them but at the very beginning of the invasion. Then, if it develops strongly, it is already very difficult. You have to wait a lot of turns and gradually weaken them. This is historical but not very interesting in the game.

Without the Mongol invasion, late game would be too easy. The Mongols are not a playable faction. They are part of the game to keep late game difficulty at an appropriate level. They have already been nerfed in BC 2.4.2. They arrive with 7 stacks and their experience is lower than in v.2.3 when they came in with 21 stacks and had higher experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Without the Mongol invasion, late game would be too easy. The Mongols are not a playable faction. They are part of the game to keep late game difficulty at an appropriate level. They have already been nerfed in BC 2.4.2. They arrive with 7 stacks and their experience is lower than in v.2.3 when they came in with 21 stacks and had higher experience.
    True.
    Geoffrey, I am new here, but have been playing BC for quite a while. Absolutely fantastic job you and the guys are doing, never thought I would spend time playing any faction located east of Euphrates and enjoy it. Last thing I played was Buff and Shine 1.6 last year, i wonder how different is your mod from Buff and Shine in its current version?
    Also, watched your videos on youtube, enjoyed.
    Thank you and keep up the good work!

Weakened Mongols will be ok. Invasion is needed. In BC 2.4.2 they are much too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    So it ctds when I try to get to the faction selection screen. Any ideas?
    Its not even generating a logfile either, even though I've got the game and mod set up to do so.

Guess not, oh well. I suppose I'll have to give this submod a miss then. A shame.

As i am not able to get buff and shine works, i am thinking of this submod. but do you really think, that implement forts is a good idea. Wherever else i saw them, they uttterly broke AI, their armies stuck inside them instead of using them better.

Also the problem from 2.3 version of vanilla BC is back. Many of starting generals start out with 0 loyalty, turning some factions probability of being destroyed right away.

Oh, i see that this is in vanilla 2.4.2 too, so it is just persistent problem. like, Suzdal heir to the throne with 0 loyalty -2 more probably with city governor title? really?
    Last edited by Maroslav; July 23, 2018 at 06:24 PM.

LOL what's with the invisible Papal states faction. Going to try a reinstall see what happens.

Edit:Still there went with buff and shine instead
    Last edited by Star_destroyer; December 17, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

Did you fix the forever end turn bug? When I last played vanilla BC,It would take forever for the end turn to finish. It usually got stuck when the Byzantines doing their turn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast