Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Crescent Invita

Default Re: Broken Crescent Invita

Hi man, are you going to release an update?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    Did you fix the forever end turn bug? When I last played vanilla BC,It would take forever for the end turn to finish. It usually got stuck when the Byzantines doing their turn.
    I have not seen that myself when playtesting. I have seen a bug when in multiplayer and taking control of a non-playable faction, then if you save and reload a save from that faction, the load does not start and you get instead a loading of the next playable faction which however never ever loads and the turn does not end. If that was what you were doing, there is no need for it in the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    As i am not able to get buff and shine works, i am thinking of this submod. but do you really think, that implement forts is a good idea. Wherever else i saw them, they uttterly broke AI, their armies stuck inside them instead of using them better.

Also the problem from 2.3 version of vanilla BC is back. Many of starting generals start out with 0 loyalty, turning some factions probability of being destroyed right away.

Oh, i see that this is in vanilla 2.4.2 too, so it is just persistent problem. like, Suzdal heir to the throne with 0 loyalty -2 more probably with city governor title? really?

The AI uses the forts the same as the human player (as long as the campaign AI is not messed up). Also without the forts, the Mongols would need a nerf. The player base has asked for the historical forts like Krak de Chevalliers, Alamut, etc. There are other reasons.

I have not changed the low loyalty generals, they are not broken, it was how ByzantineBoy designed them. I will rethink the importance of some of the newer factions once I have time to work on BC again.

A bug is when something does not work or is missing or has spelling or formatting errors. My Invita submod (like my previous work on BC) fixes mostly bugs, including the passive campaign AI. In general I have not changed anything that already works even if I do not like it, perhaps other than adding extra historical quotes, portraits and loading screens.

There will not be an update of BC Invita itself because there are issues with BC 2.4.2 scripts that I cannot resolve but if I can have some free time I will overhaul Broken Crescent on the basis of BC 1.05 with the newer features from BC 2.3 onwards added in, including features from BC Invita and other submods, as long as they do not affect the earlier style of gameplay (BC 1.05 up to BC 2.3.2) and do not break anything.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; November 27, 2022 at 08:12 AM.

Hi Geoffrey, Good luck with Invita I'd be very excited to see a modern update for BC 1.05 a more pure vision of the original BC teams goals. I sympathise with you trying to address the issues with 2.4.2 scripts!
    Originally I attempted to "fix and address" 2.4.2 bugs, scripts and otherwise but found their complexity and problems had no real beginning or end. I found 2.4 a bit of a mess of game design and code frankly.
    I threw in the towel and decided not to fix the issues but rather to overhaul the lot for my own sanity incorporating aspects of other mods, games and total wars that I enjoy which lead to the creation of Buff and Shine as is. Truthfully if I had attempted to remain pure to the original vision of BC team I would have burnt out at the very beginning.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Hi. I am facing an issue with Invita wherein I face a crash (Medieval 2 unspecified error) when I click on "Grand Campaign". I have tried reinstalling and redownloading the mod several times with no luck. I also tried verifying files through Steam. It is always upon clicking on "Grand Campaign". Logs only gave a couple of warnings beforehand about not being able to find "Byzantine Faction Leader Portrait":

16:46:04.170 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms_Invita/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_byzantium.tga is missing

Otherwise, I have no clue what could be causing this. Does anyone have any insight into what could be causing this problem?

Is there any way to download this at reasonable speed? Like really downloading this at 100 kb/s from mediafire just nope. Counter says 2 days lol Mod DB has no download button so link is probably dead. Anyone have some normal link from where to download this? thank you.
    Last edited by Maroslav; January 15, 2023 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarladKilgannon View Post
    Hi. I am facing an issue with Invita wherein I face a crash (Medieval 2 unspecified error) when I click on "Grand Campaign". I have tried reinstalling and redownloading the mod several times with no luck. I also tried verifying files through Steam. It is always upon clicking on "Grand Campaign". Logs only gave a couple of warnings beforehand about not being able to find "Byzantine Faction Leader Portrait":

16:46:04.170 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms_Invita/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_byzantium.tga is missing

Otherwise, I have no clue what could be causing this. Does anyone have any insight into what could be causing this problem?
    The same issue, I tried this on a pc and a laptop. The campaign might be missing a texture or UI element causing the crash. Very likely it's crashing at the campaign selection if you have much experience with modding and want some guidance on a potential path to fix this I'd recommend https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?143178-Crashes-and-how-to-fix-them

Poking around in the guts of BC Invita I think Geoffrey may have a fair bit on his plate as most of the bugs of BC 2.4 are still present and many of them have the potential to trigger a CTD.
    BC 2.4 had a troubled development and Byzantineboy did the best he could with the resources he had. However 2.4 was released in a rough state there are errors and incomplete aspects in units, buildings, scripts, textures, UI, localisation and design. I very much understand why Geoffrey would prefer to start afresh 2.4 either requires a redux which I guess buff and shine is or removal which sounds like what Geoffrey is doing.
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12