Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Also id like to ask if implementation of Kaz's new textures (the Shields if nothing else) is possible for the marian legionaries because those sheild textures look so much more.....roman
    here take a look:

Maybe that could be a submod? Personally I prefer the current models, but I can see people liking these more.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

take a look at our new marian legions, i think you will be satisfied with the shields.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

I just recently played Ultimate General : civil war by the author of the famous Darthmod for empire total war and in this game there is a very interesting battle mechanic. You can split a small part of your unit and use them for either skirmishing or flanking and merge them again whenever you want. Is such a thing possible in the Attila game Engine?
    p.s try Ultimate general civil war it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TTocsxic View Post
    Hola todos!

The descriptions and images of the "Moneyer" building tree, 2nd and 3rd step, are turned around.
    Just thought I'd give the heads-up, don't know if anyone else noticed.

Still one of the best mods around! Have been playing for weeks now!
    Thanks again team!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hello team, this still hasn't been fixed with the latest update it seems, while I know you guys have been busy with the building images?
    Writer of Historia Romana

Hello team, this still hasn't been fixed with the latest update it seems, while I know you guys have been busy with the building images?
    Ah, sorry! I will take care of this right away. Thanks for the reminder
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Ah, sorry! I will take care of this right away. Thanks for the reminder
    No problem Sheridan! You hard-working basterd you!
    Thanks for the quick reply

Keep it up team!
    Writer of Historia Romana

I noticed that export food edict often exports so much food in my farming regions that the province gets negative food in winter. Is it possible to cap the export amount so that it don’t gets negative or maybe scale the export amount after seasons to eliminate the need to change edicts needed every summer/winter?

Army stats and general skills affect units, but is it possible to make individual units affect army stats?

Example: Scouts (light horse) and light infantry increase ambush defence and siege equipment/heavy infantry lower it, making heavy infantry army’s without light support vulnerable to ambushes.

Other army “stats” that could be affected:
    • Sight distance
    • Ambush chance (light increase, heavy armoured lowers)
    • Food consumption (self sustaining)
    • Public order/crack down (raiders lowers?)
    • Influence on culture (for influencial units and mercs)
    • Siege build points
    • Corruption even?
    • Building cost of sanitation etc for legions?

Could give light units more additional value and diverse the army’s we create and another source of immersion.

No problem Sheridan! You hard-working basterd you!
    Thanks for the quick reply

Keep it up team!
    This has been fixed with the update but I didn't list in the changelog. Just a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Pilaintheknee View Post
    I noticed that export food edict often exports so much food in my farming regions that the province gets negative food in winter. Is it possible to cap the export amount so that it don’t gets negative or maybe scale the export amount after seasons to eliminate the need to change edicts needed every summer/winter?
    You are quite right about this. Part of the cause of this is that some buildings (e.g. granaries) produce no food but increase the export capacity. To some extent farms also allow quite significant exports relative to what they produce (I think around ~60%). Taken together, this becomes an issue when your province also needs food for itself. I'm going to lower the export capacity here - as you say, it requires unnecessary micromanagement to avoid losing food (and therefore money and public order) constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilaintheknee View Post
    Army stats and general skills affect units, but is it possible to make individual units affect army stats?

Example: Scouts (light horse) and light infantry increase ambush defence and siege equipment/heavy infantry lower it, making heavy infantry army’s without light support vulnerable to ambushes.

Other army “stats” that could be affected:
    • Sight distance
    • Ambush chance (light increase, heavy armoured lowers)
    • Food consumption (self sustaining)
    • Public order/crack down (raiders lowers?)
    • Influence on culture (for influencial units and mercs)
    • Siege build points
    • Corruption even?
    • Building cost of sanitation etc for legions?

Could give light units more additional value and diverse the army’s we create and another source of immersion.
    One of the more interesting proposals I've heard in a while in how you lay out the idea. It makes a lot of sense. There is no vanilla mechanic to support the concept, at least not that I can think of. But I think I know a feasible, relatively straightforward alternative to make it happen. Thank you for sharing your ideas - keep them coming if you have more!

Greetings! Thanks so much for the mod, enjoying it!

Lower Fatigue During Manoeuvring

I really enjoy the fatigue system in battle... playing vs humans with this setting really makes battles tactical and fun!

However, it can make starting battles take very long time - as it is necessary to make all soldiers walk everywhere. (To prevent fatigue loss.) Would it be possible to reduce the fatigue loss during the opening manoeuvring only? (To enable soldiers to run with minimal fatigue loss prior to battle.)

After fighting the nth battle... it is a little frustrating to have to just enable triple speed and still wait ages just to actually start the battle.

Alternatively - could you guide me in how I can mod this in myself please?

Offensive Artillery Deployables

While this is a little more out there... I would like to be able to have scorpions/onager etc. as a deployable in field battles when Fighting as Rome. (Perhaps as well as the Greeks?)

Is is possible to mod what deployables are available? (To include scorpions etc.) and to make them available during offensive battles?

It would be really cool to tie this into Army Traditions - so that one of the options you get when leveling up a Legion/Army is to include the ability for that stack to deploy said scorpions etc. during battle. (Without having to include them within the 20 stack limit.)

I just think that would be really cool.
    Last edited by TheAeneas; August 12, 2018 at 07:33 AM.
    May You Rest In Peace Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TheAeneas View Post
    Greetings! Thanks so much for the mod, enjoying it!

Offensive Artillery Deployables

While this is a little more out there... I would like to be able to have scorpions/onager etc. as a deployable in field battles when Fighting as Rome. (Perhaps as well as the Greeks?)

Is is possible to mod what deployables are available? (To include scorpions etc.) and to make them available during offensive battles?

It would be really cool to tie this into Army Traditions - so that one of the options you get when leveling up a Legion/Army is to include the ability for that stack to deploy said scorpions etc. during battle. (Without having to include them within the 20 stack limit.)

I just think that would be really cool.
    You know ive asked the same thing a few posts ago.
    There is this mod that adds ballista and scorpian to siege towers and historically that is how they were used. The attacker would use it as a platform to fire upon the enemy both on and behind the walls.
    check out this mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551184261
    heres a picture:

Also a real life version of these things were called Helepolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedaliqu View Post
    You know ive asked the same thing a few posts ago.
    There is this mod that adds ballista and scorpian to siege towers and historically that is how they were used. The attacker would use it as a platform to fire upon the enemy both on and behind the walls.
    check out this mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551184261
    heres a picture:
    Will have to ask permissions here, but it's a cool mod. Give me a couple of days.

is it possible to change how diseases work? Currently there seems to be an insane positive feedback loop where if city A spreads the disease to city B, then city B will 'spread' it to city A causing a situation where there is infinite disease. Also, I've noticed that despite my settlements having positive sanitation they still seem to contract diseases, which sort of seems to negate a lot of the incentives of sanitation buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Will have to ask permissions here, but it's a cool mod. Give me a couple of days.
    Thanks Sheridan you're a cool guy. Would definitely offer my assistance if I were any good at Modding .

Hey guys I was just wondering if you had any plans to clean up the UI a little bit for better visibility, especially the buttons in the battle maps, they are too similar in color, tough to tell at a glance whether they're actively pressed or not pressed, quite often I find myself really looking at the icons trying to figure out if it's activated or not.

I ask not just due to selfish self preference, but because the few colors you've chosen to utilize on the buttons are literally from the same paint pallete, if I'm not mistaken gold, white, and a light greyish color.

I'm not suggesting you do a full blown Rome 2 release RED colored or fully grey button type, because I understand you have your creativity you want to display, but at the same time maybe something that can be managed by a quick glance by everyone, especially beginners to the mod, not just the veterans..

anyway, cheers

Good suggestion Sagat. I will forward the request

Thanks for listening
    I know you have WAY bigger and more important things to add in your upcoming updates, but the UI visibility especially in a fast pace battle map environment is one of those 'little' improvements that make a big difference.

does agent function will be safe to use with current version now? [i mean personally edit.]

or AE team have a test with agent funtion in progress??

cause i can not play without agent. at least give me a spy!

it's like human without brain or some brain parts to me.
    Last edited by servent9; August 19, 2018 at 03:54 AM.