Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Would it be possible for culture to have an influence on taxes?

Imagine it like this: when you conquer a region, you basically only have the regional capital under your control.
    If the previous faction is culturally similar to you, you can use existing structures to gather taxes.
    If not, you will have to establish control over the numerous existing settlements of the native population.

Increasing your culture basically means that you either colonise the land or gain control over/make deals with native settlements.
    Isn't this already kind of indirectly reflected in the mod? Public order is to a large part tied to culture, in the form of native discontent and adds a malus or bonus to the tax income. It is far from being exactly what you wish for, but it's at least somehow present in the mod. Would be nice of course, if they could implement this more understandable and clear as a new mechanic, as you suggested.
    Last edited by _Tyr_; June 27, 2018 at 06:16 AM.

I've been playing as the Ptolmeic Kingdom, and after the recent update, my region capitals have very very tiny garrisons, but other cities have NO garrisons. Enemy armies are able to come right in.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by xLegionnaryx View Post
    I've been playing as the Ptolmeic Kingdom, and after the recent update, my region capitals have very very tiny garrisons, but other cities have NO garrisons. Enemy armies are able to come right in.
    I have to say I´m more of a fan of full garrisons right from the get go, with quality of the troops themselves increasing with higher city building line
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is there a way at all to add in a night mode for the campaign? I know it's done in battles but have never seen it, could be interesting.

Are there any plans or efforts into streamlining the campaign?

The icons are hard to make out what they are suppose to be, there is no color codification or smaller icon to tell me what the things are and when reading the title is usually an odd name from a different language like Latin thrown at me.
    I am having a really hard time playing the game with dozens of buildings present with no way to really understand what they are at a glance and each time forced to read a small paragraph of what things do.
    It doesn't really add challenge or interactive experience for me as a player but more like try to inconvenience me as much as possible.

The campaign map colors and faction colors also makes it very difficult to tell which territory belongs to whom. Maybe CA's idea of having a standard color map and their faction colors were not a bad idea to keep?
    The UI kind of makes things hard to read or see. Idk if this is the ENB you guys implemented or its just the UI layout itself.

All in all I really love the game and battle mechanics since Rome 2 completely failed in that regard but honestly you guys did tremendous amount of work. So much so that the gameplay that use to be at least somewhat fun to something very tedious that I try to avoid.
    I am sure the idea behind these decisions were so that the player feels like they are "running" an empire but honestly it does not feel like it at all. I hope you guys at make the campaign gameplay more straight forward or at least make things more clear or plain English so I don't need to spend so much time reading rather than actually playing.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I don't know if this is posted anywhere. But is there a way that your faction name can change from 'Roman Republic' to 'Roman Empire'? I haven't gotten that far in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Is there a way at all to add in a night mode for the campaign? I know it's done in battles but have never seen it, could be interesting.
    Yes. I think one of the commander skills unlocks it. I will add it to the Command attribute at a certain level as well
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

The icons are hard to make out what they are suppose to be, there is no color codification or smaller icon to tell me what the things are and when reading the title is usually an odd name from a different language like Latin thrown at me.
    I am having a really hard time playing the game with dozens of buildings present with no way to really understand what they are at a glance and each time forced to read a small paragraph of what things do.
    It doesn't really add challenge or interactive experience for me as a player but more like try to inconvenience me as much as possible.

The campaign map colors and faction colors also makes it very difficult to tell which territory belongs to whom. Maybe CA's idea of having a standard color map and their faction colors were not a bad idea to keep?
    The UI kind of makes things hard to read or see. Idk if this is the ENB you guys implemented or its just the UI layout itself.

All in all I really love the game and battle mechanics since Rome 2 completely failed in that regard but honestly you guys did tremendous amount of work. So much so that the gameplay that use to be at least somewhat fun to something very tedious that I try to avoid.
    I am sure the idea behind these decisions were so that the player feels like they are "running" an empire but honestly it does not feel like it at all. I hope you guys at make the campaign gameplay more straight forward or at least make things more clear or plain English so I don't need to spend so much time reading rather than actually playing.
    Roman buildings seldom have Latin names, and for those that do the meaning is explained in the description. I think this strikes a balance between immersion and streamlining. This is, admittedly, not very developed for the Hellenistic factions where (even I find) the names confusing from time to time.

Most icons are well differentiated. Port icons are not done, and some buildings like lands occassionally have icons that are hard to make out or too similar to other icons. That's fair criticism, but I think it reflects the exception better than the rule. I think there are plans to revise components of the UI a few at a time. The UI has always been an ongoing project.

I'm not really sure where you want to go with the last paragraph. I firmly believe that most people enjoy the campaign in large part due to its complexity and layers. What may seem daunting at first with things like building options eventually grows on you. The different building categories generally have well established purposes; within a category are diverging building trees that each are suitable under different circumstances and depending on what the player's strategy is. I am open to suggestions for streamlining aspects that may not be very clear/intuitive to the player, but I don't agree that the complexity/size of the mod detracts from the experience. On the contrary, it is one of its hallmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geleco View Post
    I don't know if this is posted anywhere. But is there a way that your faction name can change from 'Roman Republic' to 'Roman Empire'? I haven't gotten that far in yet.
    We have the "raw data" for an event chain that, based on player choices, converts the republic to the empire. There just hasn't been time to implement it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

Playing as Rome? I know what you mean. At first looking at all the different names of the city builds can be daunting. It is exacerbated when you are trying to plan your improvement strategy; you hover over a prerequisite icon and you see a column from top to bottom of the screen listing all those names that you don't really know yet. Just take a deep breath. There are four city types. Spread them out on the building tree and hover over each line of city type. Get familiar with what each type does for you, or to you. It will become less daunting as you tinker. Remember, this mod is a beta, so you are just play-testing.

Start tip: change your trouble provinces to independent cities to end native discontent. After you get a handle on food and your PO is 100, slowly change those provinces into allied cities (or others). By then you will recognize the names.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yes. I think one of the commander skills unlocks it. I will add it to the Command attribute at a certain level as well
    Would be interesting if germanic generals had this ability from the start
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    Playing as Rome? I know what you mean. At first looking at all the different names of the city builds can be daunting. It is exacerbated when you are trying to plan your improvement strategy; you hover over a prerequisite icon and you see a column from top to bottom of the screen listing all those names that you don't really know yet. Just take a deep breath. There are four city types. Spread them out on the building tree and hover over each line of city type. Get familiar with what each type does for you, or to you. It will become less daunting as you tinker. Remember, this mod is a beta, so you are just play-testing.

Start tip: change your trouble provinces to independent cities to end native discontent. After you get a handle on food and your PO is 100, slowly change those provinces into allied cities (or others). By then you will recognize the names.
    Yeah. I tried three times I just can't get through it.
    I am just not enjoying myself. The map is hard to interpret, the UI hurts my eyes, the ENB has this lighting and blur thing going on. In addition to the icons which aren't color coded and they mostly use very light colors on a marble white UI Background that sometimes I just need to look away and rest my eyes before looking at it. And I cant even read/understand the bloody titles. smh.

I think I am going to wait until someone create a submod to streamline things because its really unplayable for me.
    A shame though. I was looking forward to this mod.

Eladryel's Avatar Foederatus

I would love to see more ingame info about granaries, like their capacity. Winter famine is a frequent guest in my kingdoms, but if I build too much granaries, I'm wasting the precious building slots. I just can't figure out their optimal numbers.

Hi

Roughly when will be the german and gallic factions available as playable factions?
    Thanks the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Eladryel View Post
    I would love to see more ingame info about granaries, like their capacity. Winter famine is a frequent guest in my kingdoms, but if I build too much granaries, I'm wasting the precious building slots. I just can't figure out their optimal numbers.
    We're working on a new mechanic for granaries. The intention is to have them boost winter food

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan11 View Post
    Hi

Roughly when will be the german and gallic factions available as playable factions?
    Thanks the advice
    This is not certain yet. We are ironing out some more bugs and working on improvements before serious work on these factions will assume. We aim to review the best faction candidates in short and decide on two or three for a first release, and then release a few more at a rime. An estimation therefore wouldn't be useful just yet

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Can we get more slave population from captured enemy armies after win battle on the battlefield ?
    >>>>at least in real as Roma, I will surely use them for Gladiators show, Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    This is not certain yet. We are ironing out some more bugs and working on improvements before serious work on these factions will assume. We aim to review the best faction candidates in short and decide on two or three for a first release, and then release a few more at a rime. An estimation therefore wouldn't be useful just yet

I'm sorry to hear it, but I understand.Thanks for your quick response and your hard work.

Can we get an option that allows us to change our capital? That way it might feel even more immersive like if we want to change our capital to Byzantium later on in the game. Thanks for considering our opinions you guys are great!

Also ive been experiencing this bug where cavalry cannot completely mount after unmounting and the unit gets stuck