Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Hi) Why did you give up spies? They provide information for strategic plans.

Cavalry is one of total war's weak points if you ask me. It never feels or performs quite right.

A quick question. Since Rome already starts big, is there campaign too easy?

What’s the deal with near invulnerable enemy generals? I can have a unit of heavy horse surrounding him for half an hour and Hannibal refuses to die.

I made a huge pause with ATW since the summer, I came back mostly for this mod, but I am so disappointed to see the same problem I had as before.

Namely, when I played Carthage, all the Roman cities had no or almost no garrison, and this issue is seemingly present still. I besieged Carthago Nova, and only two ships are guarding it...
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 26, 2019 at 03:35 AM.

hello, can you tell me is possible to changes on his mod that settlement have more "slots" to build more buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I made a huge pause with ATW since the summer, I came back mostly for this mod, but I am so disappointed to see the same problem I had as before.

Namely, when I played Carthage, all the Roman cities had no or almost no garrison, and this issue is seemingly present still. I besieged Carthago Nova, and only two ships are guarding it...
    Which mods are you using? How many turns into the campaign? This issue is something I've never seen or heard of before
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Which mods are you using? How many turns into the campaign? This issue is something I've never seen or heard of before
    Not a single mod that has anything to do with garrisons, I use some minor sub-mods like Olympian battle camera, no rain&fog, closer deployment zones, better performance...

199BC

EDIT:

With Hannibal I besieged Segobriga, while Romans besieged Hispalis, both settlements were owned by Turdetani, next turn those settlements are magically belonging to Arevaci who are not at war with me or Rome, thus their settlements are not besieged. What am I missing here?

EDIT1:When I besieged Cordoba, its literally one unit, and I do not even have to build siege engines. However when I attacked the Turdetani settlements, I had to build siege engines and they had reasonable garrisons, so something is wrong with Rome. I also took Cordoba in one turn, without attacking...

EDIT2: Rome just took Segobriga, no siege, no siege attack, nothing. I am confused...
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 26, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

Foederatus

With the Rome campaign, it feels as if the cavalry line of the Military chain is lacking in unit purpose. Maybe bringing the Equites Extraordinary to recruitable thru that line might give it a little more worth. Also maybe adding for the Augustan reforms Equites Singulares to regions that they were recruited from might add more fun to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Not a single mod that has anything to do with garrisons, I use some minor sub-mods like Olympian battle camera, no rain&fog, closer deployment zones, better performance...

199BC

EDIT:

With Hannibal I besieged Segobriga, while Romans besieged Hispalis, both settlements were owned by Turdetani, next turn those settlements are magically belonging to Arevaci who are not at war with me or Rome, thus their settlements are not besieged. What am I missing here?

EDIT1:When I besieged Cordoba, its literally one unit, and I do not even have to build siege engines. However when I attacked the Turdetani settlements, I had to build siege engines and they had reasonable garrisons, so something is wrong with Rome. I also took Cordoba in one turn, without attacking...

EDIT2: Rome just took Segobriga, no siege, no siege attack, nothing. I am confused...
    I am certain this is on your end, as I just went in game to double-check. Roman garrisons were the first to be rebalanced and to my memory have been working since many months before release.

Spoiler for Syracusae garrison

Spoiler for Malaca

What I recommend here is disabling all non-AE mods and even our submods for a start. Run the game only using part 1 and part 2 from the workshop. Then, one by one, enable the other mods and see which one is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I am certain this is on your end, as I just went in game to double-check. Roman garrisons were the first to be rebalanced and to my memory have been working since many months before release.

Spoiler for Syracusae garrison

Spoiler for Malaca

What I recommend here is disabling all non-AE mods and even our submods for a start. Run the game only using part 1 and part 2 from the workshop. Then, one by one, enable the other mods and see which one is the culprit.
    Okay, I will try it out.

Could you guys do something about the lines where the greek soldiers make references to Rome, like when you click on them and they say "For the glory of Rome!", or is that not possible to change?

can you please bring all the rebels factions back the game is boring without them, Rebellions happens and no armies appears on screen.

Foederatus

Elephant units seem extremely overpowered. Just fought a Seleucid army with 2 units of elephants as Ptolemy. My entire army was routed by the elephants without the rest of their army ever engaging me. And thats with me using a combination of Pikes, Spears, Swords, Javelins, and Cavalry. Pikemen feel underwhelming in every way. They do little damage, are slow moving, and are routed quickly and easily by nearly every type of unit. I'm not sure if it's graphics or if it mechanics, but they never seem to put the tips of the pikes down. Any single unit of cavalry, regardless of type can route my Peltast Pikemen. According to many studies and available texts, pikemen were the pinacle of spear tactics. There have been many reports of the various methods on how the pike was utilized over the millennia of its history, all of which suggest it was highly maneuverable and primarily an offensive weapon that presented the enemy with a wall of charging points. There is no evidence in history were pikes were annihilated by a cavalry charge.
    Last edited by Gimmetime44; February 06, 2019 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks AE team for a brilliant mod. I particularly appreciate the sensible building chains and character development options. I'm also enjoying quick AI turn times. This seems much better than when I last played, soon after the mod was released. How have you improved the AI turn times so much ??

I also agree with removal of agents but perhaps you could add the spy back with no abilities other than longer range vision ie spying but not assassinating etc. Thanks again for making the game which Rome II should have been !
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmetime44 View Post
    Elephant units seem extremely overpowered. Just fought a Seleucid army with 2 units of elephants as Ptolemy. My entire army was routed by the elephants without the rest of their army ever engaging me. And thats with me using a combination of Pikes, Spears, Swords, Javelins, and Cavalry. Pikemen feel underwhelming in every way. They do little damage, are slow moving, and are routed quickly and easily by nearly every type of unit. I'm not sure if it's graphics or if it mechanics, but they never seem to put the tips of the pikes down. Any single unit of cavalry, regardless of type can route my Peltast Pikemen. According to many studies and available texts, pikemen were the pinacle of spear tactics. There have been many reports of the various methods on how the pike was utilized over the millennia of its history, all of which suggest it was highly maneuverable and primarily an offensive weapon that presented the enemy with a wall of charging points. There is no evidence in history were pikes were annihilated by a cavalry charge.
    Theres a mod on steam called 'pikes ready in your hands'. Using that pikes seem way more effective and they actually make the phalanx formation under ai control. Might help, maybe you're using it already idk

Too many trait gains by the characters. Nearly every turn someone gets something sometimes even two traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor VI View Post
    Too many trait gains by the characters. Nearly every turn someone gets something sometimes even two traits.
    Traits are awarded from buildings, ranking up in the presence of buildings and from actions. Did you build a library, by chance? Otherwise, are there particular traits your characters gain more frequently?

Besides, it's not very surprising if you play a large faction like Rome or Ptolemaic Egypt

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

The traits are great, characters matter now. You have to think about who you use to do what depending on their traits etc. and try to mould them into what you want them to be. They actually feel like individuals, its so much more fun.
    Only thing is the traits do contradict sometimes. A general might be a 'courageous leader' and 'cowardly' (or something along those lines) at the same time.

Foederatus

I just got myself all excited!!! I will have to look into this more myself but....It would be spectacular to have a script to spawn a Roman army, not full army but maybe from 4 to 8 units, when as a player you are a Hellenic faction and you attack another Hellenic faction. I think DEI has some scripts for the Carthage and Rome rivalry that might be adaptable for this. I know it would be a huge undertaking and like I said, I will start diving into it to see what I can come up with and what I would need more help with.