Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Quote Originally Posted by JMack1800 View Post
    You have mentioned before that barbarian factions are unfinished atm. My suggestion would be to make them more playable in small patches, after the next patch 1.15, focusing on a single faction group, for example Celts. If patching one group, would force restart existing 1.15 campaign, then never mind this suggestion. Just would like to be able to play with at least one barbarian group, don't mind waiting it though, since I know its a big job to fleshen out those factions. I'm really huge fan of this mod and my thanks to you for making it.
    This is a good idea, although in reality barbarians largely share buildings (which is one of the main hassles of improving playability for any one faction group). As such, improvements to one faction tends to carry across to most of the others. With that said, it's still preferable to work on subcultures one at a time - for faction traits, recruitment and just general playability.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

who cares about barbarians? they are no more
    romans are still there. Focus on romans

Quote Originally Posted by Gongo80 View Post
    who cares about barbarians? they are no more
    romans are still there. Focus on romans

So continue working on Rome, a faction that's like 95% if not 100% complete, while ignoring other cultures that aren't even available to play?
    you don't even know what you're asking for

Don't worry guys. We'll work on all factions in due time.

expecially cause i was joking

Semisalis

A question. Is there a reason why "Liguria et Cottie" and "Venetia et Histria" have a fertility rate of just 2? Those two ingame provinces make up more or less what is now called the Po Valley, a very fertile alluvial plain which is the main agricultural centre of modern day Italy. Was it any different back then?
    That being said i am really enjoying the mod, it really reminds me of EB1. Can't wait for the next update!

It is unintentional as the fertility was messed up in a previous update. It is fixed in the coming update.

Pretty realistic. Padana flat land is very polluted right now

Semisalis

@Spariel: i understand, thanks for the answer!
    @gongo80: the mod is not set in modern days but in 202 BC

Regarding the Seleucids, I think that elephants/ hetairoi/ argyraspides should only be recruitable in Syria, instead of them being able to be recruited anywhere once the military barracks are built. Apameia (in Syria) was where the Seleucids had the elephant stables and the royal training ground and that region should be the one where the player can recruit the most elite units. It would also provide a challenge for the player, since you wont be able to spam these units from anywhere. Also, I think thorakitai should be capped and mostly available/ recruitable in Asia Minor (for the Seleucids) and around Alexandria (for the Ptolemies).
    And lastly, I believe that the Romanized thorakitai should not be available from the start and only after a technology has been researched (maybe call it "Daphne Parade", which could also give more mercenaries/ mercenary replenishment for the Seleucids) or maybe after the player has declared War on Rome and has fought a few major battles (not sure if that's possible).
    Good job with the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by antiochos_hierax View Post
    Regarding the Seleucids, I think that elephants/ hetairoi/ argyraspides should only be recruitable in Syria, instead of them being able to be recruited anywhere once the military barracks are built. Apameia (in Syria) was where the Seleucids had the elephant stables and the royal training ground and that region should be the one where the player can recruit the most elite units. It would also provide a challenge for the player, since you wont be able to spam these units from anywhere. Also, I think thorakitai should be capped and mostly available/ recruitable in Asia Minor (for the Seleucids) and around Alexandria (for the Ptolemies).
    And lastly, I believe that the Romanized thorakitai should not be available from the start and only after a technology has been researched (maybe call it "Daphne Parade", which could also give more mercenaries/ mercenary replenishment for the Seleucids) or maybe after the player has declared War on Rome and has fought a few major battles (not sure if that's possible).
    Good job with the mod!
    I agree with this - elephants are very powerful and should be restricted. Although maybe also allow their recruitment in eastern provinces, close to India? I hope they've been removed as mercenaries as well, as having a near infinite supply of merc elephants can be very unbalancing for factions around Africa / Syria.

Hordes,

so i know you are working to improve those. As someone that loves to see the barbarians bash themselves against the walls of the roman shields i have the following recommendations:
    - make them stronger (they are desperate)
    - If their last settlement is taken, please allow 2-3 full veteran armies spawn into a horde depending on the level of technology research they achieved before losing their last home.
    - Have them spawn a distance away from the settlement they lost. So they dont just attach back the army that defeated them.
    - Armies need to me more experienced, not just the general
    - Have them actually establish tent cities while still a horde.

overall barbarians need more variety and ferocity. Also, allow some to become more "roman" as they advance in tech to show influence?? just an idea.

Swarbs and Antiochos - Good idea. Some AoR conditions can be enforced on these units.

Totalknight - Some of these can be done. We've created a new building set for hordes, next step is implementing some new horde factions and testing. Steppe Nomads will be the focus of the next update.

Semisalis

a suggestion about battle balance. i really like the way units fatigue after a long walk or after walking uphill (for those of us who have experienced walking and running with full combat gear, you know what i mean!)
    my only doubt is that this is a problem for the AI. the AI constantly runs his units around, it does not avoid walking/running uphill, it does not rest his troops before attacking and does not cicle units during combat. a fatigue system like the one in DEI, which puts more emphasis on combat fatigue rather than walking/running fatigue, would be a little bit less realistic but not as punishing for the AI.

EDIT: some more feedback.
    -it seems that AI is highly reluctant to build resource producing buildings. playing as rome past turn 50, i have trade agreements with all the factions bordering me and with the ones i can get in touch through sea. the only resources that i'm importing are glass from the seleucid and fish basically from everyone else. maybe moving at leas part of the resource production to the settlement building chain would help the ai out?
    -as of now auxiliary recruitment building give acces only to the units from the region in which you build it itself. this means that if you want to recuit all the auxiliaries available in the whole province you have to build a barrack for every settlement in the province itself. coupled with the limited building slots avalaible i think this system to be too punishing. wouldn't it be better to have the auxiliary barracks give acces to the whole province auxiliary pool?
    Last edited by Goffredo85; August 12, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Gents,

- love that the research and building has slowed down. Need for extend it some more given the 4 tpy
    - the transition from Marian to August needs more time.
    - please import some Attilla barbarian settlements, i have not seen any yet, only R2
    - Def need to cut the costs of legionaries. I get it, they will be expensive, but they are too expensive. Just need a little tweak, not too much.
    - I want to be able to build all the nice buildings in Rome, and not sacrifice stuff. Please link pretorians to the Palace and paved roads as well. For Rome only guys so its more local.
    - Need the power to spawn the previous faction that own the settlement when i take it over. I dont see many factions re-emerging
    thanks,

loving the Mod.

Decanus

So good. mod! Very good. My three concerns: character traits come piling in very fast leading to huge lists of effects (feels cumbersome). I would honestly cut trait acquisition in half so that only very mature characters end up with huge lists of traits. Second, my fleet seems to receive only a very small unit upkeep reduction when docked (I wonder if that's the cause of a trait effect? I should look). Third, garrisoned armies produce huge buffs for player faction. You guys are likely aware of this by design, but, with *both* public order bonuses and very large upkeep reduction I very rarely consider putting my army out in the countryside unless I'm planning on sacking an enemy settlement of course. This in mind, I would decrease upkeep modifier for garrisoned troops so that players would be more likely to station their armies at borders thus protecting the province from raiding armies.

Fourth, this seems more like a bug than a problem with design: a defensive ally has his agent stationed on the border of my settlement and another I'm trying to attack. I can't pass my army through! It's ruining my campaign

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    So good. mod! Very good. My three concerns: character traits come piling in very fast leading to huge lists of effects (feels cumbersome). I would honestly cut trait acquisition in half so that only very mature characters end up with huge lists of traits. Second, my fleet seems to receive only a very small unit upkeep reduction when docked (I wonder if that's the cause of a trait effect? I should look). Third, garrisoned armies produce huge buffs for player faction. You guys are likely aware of this by design, but, with *both* public order bonuses and very large upkeep reduction I very rarely consider putting my army out in the countryside unless I'm planning on sacking an enemy settlement of course. This in mind, I would decrease upkeep modifier for garrisoned troops so that players would be more likely to station their armies at borders thus protecting the province from raiding armies.

Fourth, this seems more like a bug than a problem with design: a defensive ally has his agent stationed on the border of my settlement and another I'm trying to attack. I can't pass my army through! It's ruining my campaign
    You should include a screenshot of where on the campaign map this is occuring so you could possibly get some help with this.

Hello!
    Can we have a submod of increase significativly increase fast battle?
    Is too low... i think godd 2/3 time more fast than now.
    Thanks
    Or someone know submod that exist compatible?

Ave to the AE Team! After playing the mod earlier from time to time, I was waiting for the 1.15 release with great anticipation and played a roman campaign for 150 turns now. I want to provide you some feedback regarding the romans. But first, just want to say the mod evolved fantastic, I had a great time playing a mod thats bleeding atmosphere in so many parts, its amazing to play. The Soldiers look fantastic and the ecosystem is easy to understand but still very rewarding. On the other side, the AI wasnt doing a good job, into both campaign and battle. All in all I lost two battles, which made the campaign way too easy. The AI didnt really attack or defend well and just formed a single line into battles which was very easy to break. The other thing which made the campaign very easy was the new Tribute System of Carthage, pumping like 1500-5000 denarii each turn into my economy. The System is a great feature but needs some tuning, considering it was active for 150 turns now. Last but not least, there was a thread recently which pointed out a problem with the socii recruitment after researching the Socii Cohorts, which was a problem in the past I think and happened to me too. Did the solution I found in this (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...i-Cohorts-quot) thread.
    Will changing the battle and campaign difficulty above the suggested level (N/N) bring a bit more of a challenge? If not, maybe releasing sth like a harcore submod would help to make the game a bit harder for an old TW Evocati like me For now, I will begin a new campaign without pressing to much money out of carthage, maybe this will help a bit.

I'm curious what the future brings to this mod, keep up the great work!

Please make it harder - turn 166 as Makedon (on v/h) and Rome, Carthage, Seleukid etc, cannot rival me. They only field weak, low tier armies - Rome has never been able to challenge on any playthrough. I now control 21 settlements and, short of starting war with everyone, can't see any point in continuing. Can rome/carthage be given mid game buffs and aggression? Or be forced to build proper armies? No one seems able to build an empire and can be taken down by one state nations with ease. I know it's not the mod, CA stopped trying to make the game challenging eons ago but can you do anything to fix it? Increasing disorder etc, just feels like a cheat, could there be scripted events that give close rivals a boost after x number of turns, or when player imperium hits certain targets?

Can you add logic to trade, no state should pay 4k for trade worth 200 a turn and many one state nations happily stump up the cash.

Loving the mod BTW, you make the game for me.