Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

I believe it was initially removed, but recently reinstated out of preference.

any soon new update?

Yes. Soon
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Outstanding mod, the level of detail and polishing is just amazing.

Just one thing I would really like to know...have you considered making a new diplo map, with new borders for the campaign (just the graphic part, the mini maps and such)? Attila TW's borders are too chunky or simplified for the time period imo.

Anyway, I know this is pretty much cosmetic and less important, and you guys are doing a fantastic job with the mod (and saving Attila, come to think of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yes. Soon
    How soon?

Cheers. I don't know about the diplo map but we'll keep it in consideration.

Date for the patch is still undecided but early June is unlikely. I've been finishing my bachelor thesis in medicine and so haven't had the time to look at the mod for about two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Cheers. I don't know about the diplo map but we'll keep it in consideration.

Date for the patch is still undecided but early June is unlikely. I've been finishing my bachelor thesis in medicine and so haven't had the time to look at the mod for about two weeks
    Virtual life shouldn't take precedence over real life. Focus on what's more important. We'll wait, and good luck to you!

Loving this mod so far. The R:TW music especially is so nostalgic (even if the songs are cut short, but I guess that will be fixed soon). Also loved the new building trees, complicated and all.

Something did bother me a bit though. Playing as Rome, I've conquered all of Spain and Cisalpine Gaul and I've noticed that there are certain barbarian buildings that are way better than the Roman equivalents. Especially the base settlement buildings, with low to no autonomy and taxation income between 1000 and 2100 (!), which makes upgrading them to the proper Roman versions simply not profitable. I'm guessing it's a balance issue (to make barbarian factions have more money), so I suggest adding some barbarian culture influence to them to add some more drawbacks than just not being able to build certain Roman buildings (or make them equal to the Roman ones and make the barbarian army maintenance really cheap to balance it out).
    Also there's a barbarian building (Magistrate's Hall?) that's supposed to give a significant decrease to local corruption which I don't think it works properly (or maybe the % local corruption is multiplicative but regardless, I don't see a big change in corruption in the province, certainly not minus 10-20%).

It's good to see the roads making a comeback but, with the limited building space that each province has, I don't think they are worth the slot as is. Maybe consider buffing them in the future.

One last thing, is fertility supposed to be this low everywhere? Even Egypt, historically the breadbasket of the empire, has a base fertility of 5 out of 10.

Overall, this is a really well-done mod. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by NickTheGreek3; June 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM.

Is it possible to change the "eastern" faces of the Armenians? the faces that are used by the Hellenic, and lesser extent Nomads, would be more realistic in representing Armenians, and people of the Caucasus in general than those "eastern" faces that look like they are from Sudan or the Arabian peninsula. It'll be more accurate if it was like 70% Hellenic faces and 30% of the nomads. If only one can be used than it should be the Hellenic faces

@Nick

We're working on this, buildings for barbarians were never properly finished earlier and in this version we're trying to fix that

On roads - they are seeing certain buffs in 1.15, including to trade income. Fertility was bugged and is also fixed in the patch - our testers are playing with the new versions as we speak.

@Armen

It's not my table and thus not really my place to answer, but I think since we're using Benjin's great assets from Rome 2, changes to eastern factions may depend on when he expands into that area. UMC may provide more transparency on this process

I tried to play a campaign as the Averni but I found it extremly difficult. I cant expand anywhere because every AI faction has an army in their city and my economy wont let me recruit another army, so Im just trying to raid them to try to lure them out. Its been several turns and I just gave up because of lack of action/opportunity.
    Am I a terrible player? I suggest to tweak the economy a bit more in favor for the player.

@Chriswhr

Far from terrible. The reality is that Arverni and all other factions belonging to the 'barbarian' group are, well, unfinished. In almost every respect. In my opinion it was a mistake to release these factions publicly, but what is done is done.

I'm working on a complete building overhaul which is in the final phase currently. Once it is done, it will be transferred to all factions, barbarians included. This will significantly improve their playability. However, I can't make any promises regarding other features for this particular culture group. They will see updates, but they may take longer.

My recommendation for you is to play any non-Barbarian faction, or even to wait until the next patch is out. We're hopefully talking weeks now. All 'civilized' factions will be very polished in the update, even compared to what we have now. Hope that helps

Would it be possible to add the Epirus faction to the campaign map ? I suppose it would occupy the Dyrrachium region, so as in Rome 2. I'm asking because I saw that they have a pretty interesting unit roster in custom battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip46 View Post
    Would it be possible to add the Epirus faction to the campaign map ? I suppose it would occupy the Dyrrachium region, so as in Rome 2. I'm asking because I saw that they have a pretty interesting unit roster in custom battles.
    By the time of the Second Punic War, Epirus has a faction no longer existed.

You're right Lusitanio and I'm aware of this fact. AE attempts to remain historically correct, so in fact my proposal means that the game must have been placed in the period 280 - 275 BC during the Pyrrhic War, 11 years before the First Punic War. In this case Tarentum and Syracuse would be Greek colonies.

There was talk of a possible move to ~211 BC, but 280 BC is likely too drastic and even with 211 it would take a fair bit of startpos modifying.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

The map isn't really even entirely suitable for the period the time period the mod starts in let alone anything before the end of the 2nd Punic War.

hi i have seen the campaign map including kemet (egypt)is it a playable faction ?

You have mentioned before that barbarian factions are unfinished atm. My suggestion would be to make them more playable in small patches, after the next patch 1.15, focusing on a single faction group, for example Celts. If patching one group, would force restart existing 1.15 campaign, then never mind this suggestion. Just would like to be able to play with at least one barbarian group, don't mind waiting it though, since I know its a big job to fleshen out those factions. I'm really huge fan of this mod and my thanks to you for making it.