Thread: Not a qestion about the game itself but with Steam and keyboard/mouse issue

Default Not a qestion about the game itself but with Steam and keyboard/mouse issue

I recently started up my pc to play SS 6.4 and found out that my keyboard amd mouse input were largely unresponsive on the desktop, i could barely get steam to launch. I just chalked it down to some initial hiccup on my pc's part and i somehow managed to get the game to run. Everything seems fine on the game's menu and campaign map but when i entered battle with an army, in the deployment phase the CTRL button now works as a free-camera type button, and when i start battle, it seems just about every input i give will be randomly assigned to the "insert" key (zoom in on an unit) .. example: the keyboard arrow keys will work fine and then next second it zooms in to a unit, right-click will work for a second and then in the next second it will work as insert key and just zooms in... the game is unplayable like this.. after the battle, i go back to the campaign map, it's less noticable here but its present; sometimes when i press the keyboard arrow keys it will function like i'm double-clicking left mouse..
    I exit the game and did some poking and fiddling around and soom found out that it was the Steam software itself that was causing this problem. If steam is running in the background, the mouse/kboard problem persists, pc has trouble registering inputs from these devices, but if i managed to exit/end-process steam, everything works fine again.. You guys know how to fix this?
    A little background:
    1) I moved my pc to my office downstairs, intending it to be used mostly for work and some gaming there but i've yet to re-route the broadband cable there so i've only been using it to play Med2 in my free time. So, my pc's without internet for the past couple weeks. So, no changes could be made to steam. (playing in offline mode).
    2) My bro used to borrow my gaming mouse every now and then for some work on his laptop, aside from this, no other possible changes/disruption has been made to my configs..

Default Re: Not a qestion about the game itself but with Steam and keyboard/mouse issue

NVM, figured it out.. had to set Steam to run as administrator. I still don't know what triggered the problem though