Thread: Best Total War for Historical Battles?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Best Total War for Historical Battles?

When I play a Total War game I usually focus on historical battles since I see them as the best feature, of course you can disagree if you want. So one of the most important factors for me to play and like a Total War game narrows down to historical battles. Up to day I only played a few historical battles of Rome I, all of Medieval II, all of Empire and all but Waterloo with french of Napoleon. I know you are more experienced players so I want to ask you, Total War professionals, which Total War games would you consider having the best historical battles?

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Best Total War for Historical Battles?

For me Rome 1 had the best narration and build up, but Napoleon felt like it had the best historical accuracy.

Thank you for your reply. I don't have Thrones of Britannia but I've never seen in youtube videos a historical battle, this game lack of historical battles?
    Last edited by Incendio; June 16, 2018 at 04:23 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Ye, ToB has no historical battles.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Ye, ToB has no historical battles.
    Then I'll stick with Total War from Rome I to Attila Total War. Thank you for this information.

I personally loved the Historical campaigns of Med 1 since they focused on multiple battles fought by famous generals and leaders like Richard the Lionheart, Saladin, Barbarossa, and others.
    Last edited by NostalgiaFan; July 14, 2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Mistakenly named the wrong Richard lol.

I am planning to play Historical battles again. I like Rossbach and Fontenoy of Empire Total War, despite this game only has 5 historical battles, is disappointing for me. I also enjoyed most battles from Napoleon Total War, especially Waterloo, Trafalgar, Nile, Pyramids and Austerlitz, Agincourt and Pavia from Medieval 2 Total War, would you recommend me more historical battles to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    I am planning to play Historical battles again. I like Rossbach and Fontenoy of Empire Total War, despite this game only has 5 historical battles, is disappointing for me. I also enjoyed most battles from Napoleon Total War, especially Waterloo, Trafalgar, Nile, Pyramids and Austerlitz, Agincourt and Pavia from Medieval 2 Total War, would you recommend me more historical battles to play?
    Like I said you should try out the Historical battles and campaigns of the first Medieval Total War.