Thread: Shotgun wedding?

Default Shotgun wedding?

Serious problem currently. When seeking a wife for a family member, the game just assigns a wife, without the player being able to accept or reject. I do not see any reason it should be this way, as it needlessly complicates politics. I understand political marriage, something I always consider.

What am I missing? What is the reason for this change?

Default Re: Shotgun wedding?

Is this something the mod broke? My vanilla experience is slim, to say the least
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Is this something the mod broke? My vanilla experience is slim, to say the least
    I think so. I have never before seen a wife assigned to a family member without the opportunity to reject her because of her traits. Gaius Julius spent points to seek a wife, and he was saddled someone who was totally objectionable. No opportunity to say yes or no.

Have other players run into this? It seems limited to when a family member spends points to find a wife.

It happend to me too from time to time. Family members just took the wives "without permission". Iam not 100% sure but i think this is also the case in vanilla attila.

Quote Originally Posted by B0NU5 View Post
    It happend to me too from time to time. Family members just took the wives "without permission". Iam not 100% sure but i think this is also the case in vanilla attila.
    I have over 1300 hours played in Attila, although likely more than half are in various mods. I have never seen this before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180615175304_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	470.4 KB 
ID:	353736

Yet again, an unwelcome spouse forced upon my faction leader. No choice was given to accept or reject this unsuitable wife. Points wasted searching for a wife. More points will have to be spent to divorce her, and more time and points searching again.

The marriage issues in the mod make playing politics more difficult.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

That is not shotgun wedding... It clearly is Gladius Orgy.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer