Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 2.0

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.1.1b (updated Jan 25)

Quote Originally Posted by mkrbu50 View Post
    Last time I've been here playing version 1.02k~1.02m . I abandoned several 60+ turns campaigns due to EOT crashes so I thought I need to give the mod some time with the capable hands of the modders.
    I'd also seize this moment to give due thanks to everyone putting time and effort to an awsome mod.

My question: Is it safe to start a campaign at this time with minimal chance to face EOT crashes of is the mod still suffering from it?
    I haven't played in a while myself, but the game is definitely much more stable now. There have been several different bugs fixed. Some who play regularly now have said they haven't had any crashes at all.

Last time I've been here playing version 1.02k~1.02m . I abandoned several 60+ turns campaigns due to EOT crashes so I thought I need to give the mod some time with the capable hands of the modders.
    I'd also seize this moment to give due thanks to everyone putting time and effort to an awsome mod.

My question: Is it safe to start a campaign at this time with minimal chance to face EOT crashes of is the mod still suffering from it?
    I haven't played in a while myself, but the game is definitely more stable now. Several different bugs have been fixed since them. Several have said they have been playing regularly with no crashes.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 15, 2019 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

It's stable with the latest version, you can play a full campaign
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I downloaded all the three parts of Pack 2, started extracting from the part 1 file. This gave me a 7zip archive. But whenever I am trying to extract the same to get the pack and png files, an error is shown "cannot open file as archive ". Should I download again ?

Please omit my last comment (could not find an edit button!!!!!). I have successfully resolved the issue, seems the last download was faulty !! Thanks
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 15, 2019 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Default Re: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 1.1.1b (updated Jan 25)

i am uploading the new 1.15 update and links will be posted sometime today.

Cheers for keeping this thread up and running
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

update: Ancient Empires 1.15
    only pack 1 is affected. still uses version of Pack 2 from Jan. Is not save game compatible.

Pack One direct download
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5vm6p...k1.1.5.7z/file

Patch Notes

Buildings

Rebalanced buildings for ALL factions
    The building system is now one of synergy; in order to utilize the full potential of a particular building, you must develop related institutions
    Construction costs are higher on average and scale non-linearly by tier, meaning return of investment over a short period of time is lower for end-tier buildings compared with early tiers
    Maintenance scales, increasing non-linearly. Early tier buildings have overall low maintenance, that increases significantly towards top tier
    Construction times are increased, with infrastructure taking several turns longer on average
    Several buildings modify the construction parameters of other buildings, thus emphasizing a synergic relationship
    Effects other than income have been completely reworked for almost every chain
    Some new buildings for various established factions
    All-new buildings for horde factions (unplayable in 1.15 but will be added in)
    Latifundia/Estates are significantly more expensive than regular farms, but offer great income
    Regular farms provide plenty of food, but very low income
    Granaries 'convert' food into useful bonuses such as growth, replenishment and siege defense holdout time, while boosting income from all farms
    Forums work as a modifier to base income sources, increasing trade income heavily and cultural/entertainment income moderately
    Administrative buildings (e.g. Roman Curia, Publicani and Court) each tie into a particular Edict, significantly boosting its value
    The building interface is less cluttered with effects and more to the point
    Dozens of improved and new building icons
    Generally shorter building descriptions for some factions, further reducing the 'cluttered' appearance in some places

Public Order
    Public order from Entertainment buildings is greater and decisive in province management
    Public order from other sources have generally been decreased, with principally Administration as the second most significant building source
    Penalties from native discontent have been reduced slightly
    The dynamic nature of public order is preserved, but adopted into a smaller scale, meaning increments are smaller and thus both increasing or decreasing public order takes longer to develop
    Characters still heavily influence public order through attributes and traits. Appointing good governors is key to maintaining order. Public order from some ancillaries and traits have been reduced

Misc changes

MUSIC - Fix to cutting off sound that would happen to some soundtracks
    Naval recruitment from ports takes several turns (up to 8) for most ships, based on tier
    Ships are distributed evenly across port tiers, with military ports being clearly superior in providing all high-tier ships (generally quadremes and above)
    The port interface is not cluttered
    Land recruitment now takes several turns for most units (e.g. 1 for leves, 2 for hastati/principes, 3 for triarii, 4 for war elephants)
    Virtually all land unit combat stats have been reworked, with the aim of improving balance and smoothening out glaring contrasts in quality from previous versions
    Plagues/Diseases are less infectuous and require slightly higher squalor to occur
    Garrisons in Iberia, Illyria, Rome, and other places are smaller (e.g. max 12 units for tier V city) and develop in a more interesting way
    Siege defense attrition has been increased by 33% (from 15% to 20%)
    Cost of siege engines (towers, ladders, rams) have been reduced, and the manpower per turn to construct these increased. This should solve an issue where the AI is reluctant to assault in siege battles despite great numerical superiority
    More aggressive campaign AI - will be more opportunistic, take chances to attack enemy forces and commit to sieges
    Campaign roads are now visible in many regions. Previously, roads were not visible until the 'Road' building had been constructed; now, this building merely changes the textures of the roads to reflect the upgrade
    Price of some commodities altered. Fish price reduced by 33%
    The duration and effectiveness of 'Occupation Bundles' (applied to armies and factions upon seizing new territory) have been moderated, with slightly reduced duration and slightly lower impact on trade
    Bug fix to some effects from various sources that for different reasons did not work
    Regional Effects completely reworked. 'Sparse' and 'Rural' regions are very difficult to develop and provide very few recruitable troops per turn, while due to limited infrastructure limit replenishment and increase attrition from natural sources. 'Urban' and 'Metropolitan' regions feature reduced cost of road infrastructure development and furthermore provide greater incomes from industry and trade, but less income from farms
    Imperium now mainly confers penalties
    Armies recruitable at imperium 1 increased 2 --> 3 and at imperium 2 from 3 --> 4. This should prevent situations where the AI is unable to muster troops due to not having any army in a province with either barracks or its capital
    Balancing changes to Stances, Edicts and Political Power
    Exemption from taxes now always improves public order, no matter if faction-wide taxes are set at low or high
    Public order penalty from taxation increased (ties into the previous point)
    A significant amount of buildings have been tied to technologies compared to earlier, and technologies now generally have more balanced effects and trade-offs where some effects are positive, and others negative
    Characters now respond with voice commands when selected

Unit Recruitment
    Divided into three principal chains: Legionary Barracks, Auxiliary Barracks and Garrisons
    Legionary Barracks can only be built in State-Owned settlements (referring to the main building). From these you can only recruit factional troops, e.g. Rome gets access to velites, hastati and triarii
    Auxiliary Barracks can be built in most settlements (State-Owned, Independent etc). These open up recruitment of local AoR-troops, e.g. Rome gets access to Cohors Sociorum
    Garrisons provide a limited selection of factional troops, instead of the full roster. They have higher maintenance than Legionary Barracks and additionally food upkeep
    Each building has its own unique set of effects, emphasizing different function (e.g. Auxiliary Barracks improves the Assimilation Edict, while reducing discontent)
    Particular building chains that were confusing to many players, e.g. Rome's 'Landed Grants --> Military Colony' have been removed. Legions are now recruited from Legionary Barracks
    Units that could previously not be recruited for certain factions but were available in custom battles can now be recruited on the campaign, e.g. Syracusean units (Achaea), elephants (Baktria) etc

Characters
    Ancillaries should now never trigger for a 'non-receptive' faction (e.g. a Roman ancillary will not trigger for Carthage)
    All ancillary triggers have been improved, with many being more situation-specific. Additionally, many ancillaries have new, more logical trigger conditions
    Many updated effects and some updated descriptions/names for ancillaries
    Over 25 new high-quality ancillary icons to breathe life into the characters
    Trait effects have been rebalanced, with generally milder income bonuses from positive traits
    Negative traits should trigger less frequently and/or in more specific context
    Roman army traditions have seen effects rebalanced and made more meaningful. Some other minor updates to traditions for other factions
    Spies are now recruitable. Can be recruited from Forum/Market (Roman/Hellenic/Eastern) or Entertainment (Barbarian) buildings
    New character models and portraits for several Eastern and Hellenic factions

User Interface

Frontend updates
    Small updates to the Eastern UI
    Reworked Ptolemaic UI
    Redone unit cards for some factions, including Ptolemaic Egypt, Macedon

Startpos
    Reduced the starting territory of Rome by two regions; ceded to Iberian factions
    Updated buildings for all factions on the map - several previously weak cultures are now able to pack a punch early on due to better infrastructure
    Updated starting armies for most factions, and added in starting armies for many factions that previously lacked them
    Most factions start off with smaller armies than before
    New starting armies for Scipio and Hannibal prior to Zama
    Fix of several former startpos bugs, notably missing buildings/buildings of wrong culture in Ptolemaic Egypt and the Seleucid Empire
    Updated fertility; Egypt, Africa and other regions are now appropriately bountiful in terms of food
    Added starting navies to Carthage, Rome and Ptolemaic Egypt
    Added in Spies for all playable factions

... more to be added

Known Bugs and Missing features in 1.15

Baktrian Capital cannot be upgraded to level 2
    Germanic technologies are not overhauled and do not tie into buildings yet
    Some rebel factions are not added back (only affects a few specific geographical locations) due to stability issues - mainly some Eastern and Thracian/Dacian regions
    Armenian names - updated but currently with a startpos issue that renders starting characters [NAMELESS] - candidates are fine though. Pending update
    Spies are currently barebones - planning on adding in new traits and skills to flesh them out
    Nabatea and Media - removed last minute due to a bug with offices and political power. Will be patched in ASAP
    Recruitment is not completely redone for some factions. More units will be moved to farmlands and other peripheral buildings
    Achaean/Greek capital garrisons not reworked. African garrisons not reworked
    Last edited by texoman81; August 07, 2019 at 06:36 PM.

Default Re: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 1.15.2 (updated Aug 15)

update: Ancient Empires 1.15.2
    only pack 1 is affected. still uses version of Pack 2 from Jan.

Pack One direct download
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/oemx5...1.15.2.7z/file

Ancient Empires Public Release v1.15.12 August 15th, 2019:

Save game compatible, unless you would like to see updates to Media, Nabatea, and Macedon’s objectives, and Armenian names
    - Campaign camera fixed
    - Armenian culture names! (May require restart)
    - Nabatea & Atropene (Media) released! – Corrected Ministerial positions not being available
    - Updated unit cards
    - Emerita – Fixed the custom battle map with siege ladder issues
    - Fixed a battle crash with multiple cultures, not having walled city affects in order to create siege equipment.
    - Corrected Macedon’s objectives
    - Updates to public order
    - Fix to dyes and amber not being constructible
    Last edited by texoman81; August 15, 2019 at 09:17 PM.

Hi guys. Could I have some assistance in the following, please?

The recruitment areas for the legions are they the same as A.E. Gameplay Guide Version 1.3, please?

What are the recruitment areas for the legions?

From the Roman viewpoint, for a result where the maximum number of different troop types are available for recruitment which initial buildings are best in the regions, please?

Thanking you.

The game still crushes on grand campaign

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Goosh, i hate Steam!!!
    I dl the files und verified the cache and put the 2 new packs in the data folder and NOTHING in the *** steam launcher.... and even the option "load outdated ...." is greyed out... is there an alternative launcher? or do i have to activate it it on their stupid workshop browser?
    Well, if you have an answer to that....take your time, i can get online again only in a couple days.... fuc*** steam is ruin it again..... i hate them (cartman voice), oh i guess i mentioned it already

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Hi guys. Could I have some assistance in the following, please?

The recruitment areas for the legions are they the same as A.E. Gameplay Guide Version 1.3, please?

What are the recruitment areas for the legions?

From the Roman viewpoint, for a result where the maximum number of different troop types are available for recruitment which initial buildings are best in the regions, please?

Thanking you.

Sorry but its been a long time since i played a Roman campaign so i’m not sure about recruitment areas for legions.

Quote Originally Posted by jivkotodorov84 View Post
    The game still crushes on grand campaign

First i’ve heard of a reoccurring crash in this version. Did you download it from this thread or subcribe on steam? Start with just the two parts of Ancient Empires with no other mods activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Goosh, i hate Steam!!!
    I dl the files und verified the cache and put the 2 new packs in the data folder and NOTHING in the *** steam launcher.... and even the option "load outdated ...." is greyed out... is there an alternative launcher? or do i have to activate it it on their stupid workshop browser?
    Well, if you have an answer to that....take your time, i can get online again only in a couple days.... fuc*** steam is ruin it again..... i hate them (cartman voice), oh i guess i mentioned it already

First make sure the folder you are placing them is
    ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data
    not a subfolder. Don’t know why the option for outdated mods is greyed out, but that needs to be checked to run non-steam mods. You could try signing up for the launcer release candidate or opt out if you were already opted in. Steam itself might need to be updated or reinstalled. If you can its usually simplier to just subscribe through steam.

Hey all,first at all ty for this awesome mod.

I would like to make some small changes to the mod with the PFM, but I don't see the pack file in data.

Could you tell me how to make them visible? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lurumagno View Post
    Hey all,first at all ty for this awesome mod.

I would like to make some small changes to the mod with the PFM, but I don't see the pack file in data.

Could you tell me how to make them visible? Thank you.

Steam doesn't download mods into the data folder anymore. It goes somewhere into Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/workshop/content
    The names of the two pack files will be @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.pack and @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.pack.
    If you have trouble finding them by searching, you could just download them from this thread. I'm the process of uploading the newest version now.

Default Re: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 1.15.3 (updated Sept 3)

update: Ancient Empires 1.15.3
    only pack 1 is affected. still uses version of pack 2 from January.
    Save game compatible, unless you would like to see updates to Media, Nabatea, and Macedon’s objectives, and Armenian names

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qqkum...1.15.3.7z/file

Changelog
    - 100 + new unit cards for various factions, mercenaries and aor units
    - fixes to some Roman generals missing spears/swords - more to come
    - Fix to AI recruitment priorities
    - Fix to AI building priorities
    - Added scripted invasions
    - Egypt and Carthage are now able to recruit some of their rosters from landed grants, and Egypt seems to fare much better in the war against the Seleucids mustering several stacks
    - Most AI factions can now recruit naval units properly (exception: Germanic, Iberian). However they tend to favour low-tier ship for some reason
    - Low public order now only reduces recruitment capacity by -1, instead of -3
    - Overall the AI should perform better on the campaign in terms of economy and recruiting balance, i.e larger armies
    - Complete overhaul to Seleucid Kingdom - unit redesign
    - Corrected Macedon's Objectives
    - Balkans, Celtic and other factions are made playable (although not fully optimized.)
    - Updates to generic missions for various factions
    - Replaced Rome 2 Barbarian maps with Attila versions - fixes the siege bug; units were unable to climb the walls
    - remove the all seeing spies.
    - All Roman Generals are fixed, now will have spear in battle

are macedon offices ok?

tnx guys

Is the fog of war back?

Is the reoccurring crash of campaigns removed ?

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    Steam doesn't download mods into the data folder anymore. It goes somewhere into Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/workshop/content
    The names of the two pack files will be @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.pack and @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.pack.
    If you have trouble finding them by searching, you could just download them from this thread. I'm the process of uploading the newest version now.
    True,Ty for the info.

Pd: I have fog of war bug too.

Hello everyone, I am experiencing a few problems trying to download this mod.

Part 2 of the mod would not download for me from the workshop so I downloaded it from this thread (thanks for the updated link btw) and followed the instructions.
    I activated part 2 in the mod manager after extracting it into the data folder, and I now have access to custom battles but when I try to do a campaign the vanilla factions still show up for some reason...

I tried uninstalling Attila completely, made sure I wasn't suscribed to any other mod etc but it still won't work.
    Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue ?