Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 2.0

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03p (updated Oct 1)

Please,upload updated version of "4 turns per year" mod for AE. It has been updated on first of October.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Oby; October 30, 2018 at 08:37 PM.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Haven’t been on here in a few days so just noticed the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    so i can't open Pack 2 (Part 2) ? Spent hours and hours downloading 2.03 gb's to find " Cannot open file as archive" ... wtf can i do..
    Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    both of the download mirrors from pack 2 (part 2), the files are apparently corrupted. I tried recovering the files to no luck. Is there anyway you can verify these claims and possibly get a fix for it? thanks
    First off i can assure you that my files aren’t corrupted. This version of part 2 has been successfully downloaded at least 1000 times. The larger files are the more likely they are corrupted during downloads, which is why i split part 2 into 2 parts and compressed it more. If your download has been corrupted the only solution is to redownload. If several people have this problem i could divide it into smaller parts.

Although…i noticed that you said that you couldn’t open part 2. You shouldn’t be trying to open part 2 at all. The instructions state “download both parts and place them in the same folder then extract the first file”. So once you download both parts into the same folder, extracting part one should compile the mod files from both archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Is there a German Translation?
    Sorry but i don’t think Ancient Empire has been translated into any language other than English at this point. There has been talk of translations but as far as i know, none have been released. If any are i will gladly mirror them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Please,upload updated version of "4 turns per year" mod for AE. It has been updated on first of October.

Thanks.
    I thought i had already uploaded the new 4tpy. I will try to get that up tonight.

update: new version of 4tpy uploaded

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hrw...Mf8Lkoy_H/view
    or
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/calzv61wrz9uc1s/4tpy_Oct_1.7z/file
    Last edited by texoman81; October 31, 2018 at 06:53 PM.

Like many on this thread having difficulty uploading because I'm screwing up your instructions. I download Part 1 to data file and unzip it. Then, do I create a new file and label it "AE"and download Part2.001 and Part2.002 into it but only unzip Part1.001?
    Sorry for my ineptness but LOVE this mod. Have played it for many many hours for over a year! As you know, it's inexpressibly great in every way. Best thing in years. Thank you.

Having a lot of difficulty getting this direct download to work. Unzipping via 7z. Putting correctly named @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.pack and @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.pack in the data folder. Lots of weird things happen.

Mods don't show up in manager. The game deletes pack1. And the game doesn't even start if the files are in the data folder.

I validated files... tested, etc. Confirmed that the game simply doesn't work with the files in the data folder.

Apologies... I must be slow, but I really am confused about the step, "place them in the same folder then extract the first file".

No! Obviously it's me that's slow...very slow. I guess I don't understand what's meant by placing both files in one folder. I have downloaded all three files and extracted
    them to the "\Total War Attila\data" file - but it seems that's incorrect.

Ok I THINK the confusion here is between Pack 1 and 2 and then part one and two of pack two. Could also be related to the problem steam has been having.

So... you will need to download three files from this thread that will go into your default download folder. AncientEmpiresPack1.03p.7z, AncientEmpiresPack2(aug 13).7z.001, and AncientEmpiresPack2(aug 13).7z.002.
    It don't matter where this folder is, but the 2nd two have to be in the same folder when you extract. Easier to just leave all three in your download folder.
    When you extract AncientEmpiresPack1.03p.7z you will get 2 files: @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.pack and @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.png
    Then extract AncientEmpiresPack2(aug 13).7z.001 to give you two more files: @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.pack and @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.png.
    Extracting .001 also extracts from .002. So in total there are 2 .pack files and 2 .png files that make up Ancient Empires. The png files just add icons in the launcher.
    Once they are extracted you can delete the 7z files or keep them for backups.

Whether you extract into data folder or extract into the download folder and move it later..... the point is to get the 2 .pack files and the 2 .pgn files into \Total War Attila\data.
    Maybe i shouldn't have said place them into same folder as they should have downloaded into the same folder and this made you think you had to move them. Sorry if my instructions weren't clear and have cause you difficulty.
    As long as @e_001_ancient_empires_master_pack1.pack and @e_002_ancient_empires_models_pack2.pack are in the \Total War Attila\data folder, then the mod should work.
    Although you might need to rename them if the problem with steam hasn't been fixed yet. Let me know if you are still having problems and i will try to assist further.
    I might be a little slower than usual since i was just diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever, but i'll get back to you whenever i get back on TWC.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 04, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

Dear Devs, thanks for this brilliant mod. I'm just wondering if you'd be willing to give permission for me to use you cool portraits in my Ancient Rome Unofficial GUI mod for Attila ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1507606530

Thanks
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Hi texoman81, I've been playing the new 1.03p and everything's fine... except the 4TPY is not working using ModManager... I thought it could be a conflict between the submods, so I tried playing with the 1.03p pack1, pack2, and the 4TPY - and the same thing: just 2 turns per year.

Would you please fix this? I think the new 4 TPY updated Oct 1 is somehow not compatible with 1.03p...

Quote Originally Posted by hsuh90 View Post
    Hi texoman81, I've been playing the new 1.03p and everything's fine... except the 4TPY is not working using ModManager... I thought it could be a conflict between the submods, so I tried playing with the 1.03p pack1, pack2, and the 4TPY - and the same thing: just 2 turns per year.

Would you please fix this? I think the new 4 TPY updated Oct 1 is somehow not compatible with 1.03p...
    Are you sure that you are running only those three and that 4tpy loads first? Are you using a third party mod manger or just the built in one?
    The Oct 1 update was specifically to make 4 turns per year more compatible with 1.03p. I just tried and its working fine for me. Haven't heard anyone else having problems with it either

If for some reason it won't work for you...i'm still hosting the last version...though i believe there were some crashes associated with it.
    4tpy (updated Aug 19)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/v44ifb...Aug_19.7z/file
    or
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=16z...XRo60mX4T93TDj

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    Are you sure that you are running only those three and that 4tpy loads first? Are you using a third party mod manger or just the built in one?
    The Oct 1 update was specifically to make 4 turns per year more compatible with 1.03p. I just tried and its working fine for me. Haven't heard anyone else having problems with it either

If for some reason it won't work for you...i'm still hosting the last version...though i believe there were some crashes associated with it.
    4tpy (updated Aug 19)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/v44ifb...Aug_19.7z/file
    or
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=16z...XRo60mX4T93TDj

Problem solved! Thank you!

Btw, is it in your thought by any chance to resemble the unit stats to ATW? I know AE aims to bring back nostalgic feelings of RTW, but with unit stats ranging from roughly 5 to 15, it is quite hard in the sense during battles with more foes, I receive moral penalties of 1~3. In ATW, units would hold off because of the 2-digit stats, but in AE, units start to mass rout although the battle is not so lost! I think if the unit stats were to be adjusted to resemble something like ATW, or even RTW2, it would work better... would you please give it a thought?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Please,upload updated version of "4 turns per year" mod for AE. It has been updated on first of October.Thanks.
    Thanks, will have this up by thursday

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Huge new update released yesterday. There will now be 3 parts to the main mod if you want the newest version. You will need Part 1, Part 2 and Barbarian Expansion.
    It makes 10 barbarian factions playable: Arverni, Iceni, Lusitani, Boii, Suebi, Marcomanni, Cimbri, Getae, Odryssian Kingdom and Massylii.

v1.03q - November 12, 2018
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/d4ms6...k1.03q.7z/file

Barbarian Expansion - November 13, 2018
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/t5tjpr53neo4fsq/AncientEmpiresBarbarianExpansion%2811-13%29.7z/file

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03q (updated Nov 13)

When you failed extract file with winrar, just try 7zip.

Default Re: 1.01j Non-Steam download links updated

The Pack 2 files cannot be extracted via the unarchiver. Do you know a way to fix this?
    Thanks.

an early Christmas gift!!!!
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

Quote Originally Posted by Lutting View Post
    The Pack 2 files cannot be extracted via the unarchiver. Do you know a way to fix this?
    Thanks.
    Just put 2 files, pack 2, in one folder, and choose extract here. If winrar failed, try 7 zip to extract files.

No barbarians for me.. i've downloaded all the newly uploaded files but nothing appears on my game.. not new to using mods in Total War so not sure what's wrong.. and yes Made sure that the packs/parts were selected in my mod manager.. and no other mods are running with this one...maybe it's the uploaded .pack
    "MASTERBATION" IS EASY, BUT CHOOSING A VIDEO IS HARD. - THE SARCASTIC TALES
    *changed the spelling*

Thank you for the mod!

There is a broken link on the first post. For the 'better names' download.

[IMG][/IMG]

All perfectly! Thanks to the authors!