Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Three Kingdoms Video Thread

Default Total War: Three Kingdoms Video Thread

So unless I am blind I could not find the Three Kingdoms video thread. I thought i would create one and if it is taken down or moved then that is fine too! But I did create a video talking about the two gameplay trailers that have been released! How hype are you for this game?

I analyze the two gameplay trailers that have been released and I will do more videos based on information released! Dying Light 2 comes next!

Default Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Video Thread

The first glimpse of the TW3K campaign map!

Sun Jian Trailer:
    Last edited by Polemaios; August 13, 2018 at 08:27 AM.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Great guys, wanted to post it a minute ago )

Not sure if they have some vibrant colour filter but i like it! The colours are more alive, vivid..even little more than Wh as WH is grim and dark
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Quote Originally Posted by Polemaios View Post
    The first glimpse of the TW3K campaign map!

Sun Jian Trailer:
    It's me, or did we see a bit of Korea at 1:50/1:51 ?
    I sincerely hope that they'll be present, at least as a minor-faction alongside nomads !

Yes, probably unlikely.. I know
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    It's me, or did we see a bit of Korea at 1:50/1:51 ?
    I sincerely hope that they'll be present, at least as a minor-faction alongside nomads !

Yes, probably unlikely.. I know
    I already post a pictures in different thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15643976

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    CA released new video http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15643954

And I noticed a few things.
    1) Cavalry has wedge and Diamont formations
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2) we got a veiw of campaign map. Looks like Korea and Taiwan are on the edge of screen but especially South Korea seems little bare...probably not playable?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Loving this thread!

A lot new video material today from some youtubers. Will go through them later to pinpoint interesting stuff:

Total War channel itself

Jackie Fish

Italian Spartacus

Invicta

Invicta Gaming second part?

Party Elite

+Party Elite interview with devs

MilkandCookiesTW
    Last edited by Daruwind; August 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

The response from reddit was rather negative, which was quite surprising, given the aggressively fanboyish reputation of this community. To be sincere, their concerns seemed a bit superficial and trivial, since animations hardly affect the immersion of a Total War game and, in any case, they were largely responsible for the terrible state of melee fighting since Empire. In general, the obviously scripted ambush looked quite edgy, but the mysterious historical version allegedly gets rid of duels and sea-mines maces, so I'm definitely not entitled to complain, until I watch this version as well (presumably not before the release). The accent and the pronunciation were also mediocre, but I believe that the obsession of the fans with these minor aesthetic aspects leads them to miss the forest.

Ambush battle.
    The graphics are not bad, and the girl is beautiful. Campaign map looks good. Where are sea / river battles? The battle is a bit boring and looks very "arcadey". The fantasy elements looks quite ridiculous and very out of place, I wonder how many Chinese people really believe that in those days they were fighting in such a way? I am still waiting for gameplay from the so-called classic mode but as we can see CA strongly promotes the fantasy mode.

I disagree, quality of visual effects is one of the strong points of Total War franchise, and animations make large part of that, unit animation quality is poor , while hero duel animation (matched combat) looks great .
    I don't need matched animations but fluid animation, short sync kills that don't disrupt unit cohesion would be cool considering they all share 1 skeleton so it is feasible and they are part of series from Medieval 2.

I like graphics and colorful art style /lightning and effort made to hero units.
    Removal of naval battles and poor animations for units are biggest issues for me.
    If they don't release video of "realistic" version in at least few months before release it will be very suspicious.
    Last edited by kelembribor21; August 16, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

It looks ... boring. It's like any battle you fought since R2.

Also cavalry sized to 40 men. It is getting smaller and smaller. Especially as it seems we can only deploy a maximum 4 units brigaded under one hero with 3 heros max for a maximum of 18 units. CA is milking the franchise too much. It is high time the studio develops a new generation of TW titles with a new engine and improves/redesign all aspect of the games. As RTW and Empire did in their times.

Also no naval battle. What about the Battle of Red Cliffs ?
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; August 16, 2018 at 06:18 PM.

There can be 6 units under each character, including heroes there is a max of 21 units per army. So 3 characters and 18 units in Romance, 21 units counting general's bodyguards in Classic.

Definitely agree that cavalry should go back to the Rome 2/Shogun 2 and prior days of 80 men per unit, not get even smaller like it has.

Also, the little green and red icons above units look pretty bad IMO, it reminds me of those squares from Atilla that literally no one liked. I hope they switch back to banners at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    The response from reddit was rather negative, which was quite surprising, given the aggressively fanboyish reputation of this community. To be sincere, their concerns seemed a bit superficial and trivial, since animations hardly affect the immersion of a Total War game and, in any case, they were largely responsible for the terrible state of melee fighting since Empire. In general, the obviously scripted ambush looked quite edgy, but the mysterious historical version allegedly gets rid of duels and sea-mines maces, so I'm definitely not entitled to complain, until I watch this version as well (presumably not before the release). The accent and the pronunciation were also mediocre, but I believe that the obsession of the fans with these minor aesthetic aspects leads them to miss the forest.
    The Total War subreddit has turned into a complete joke. The mods are AWOL and let a select few toxic users control the anti-CA narrative over there.
    Long live the Old Guard! Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Quote Originally Posted by ParthianWarrior View Post
    The Total War subreddit has turned into a complete joke. The mods are AWOL and let a select few toxic users control the anti-CA narrative over there.
    Sorry dude ,but this site was also very "toxic" when they released Rome 2 , Ca used this site frequently to communicate and they stopped, later lot of users went to official forums and reddit , and things got well nicely after release of Warhammer they get massive praise when they get things right, but also get criticized when they don't .
    Things that improved relationship was Free Dlc , constant improvement and better communication.

After that they spread to thinly ( too long patch times/dlc releases, Sagas as entry) and that has some consequences.
    I personally have waited Queen and Crone Patch to start Mortal Empires Campaign
    (September 28, 2017 Release of Warhammer 2 to 31 May, 2018 Q&C) 8 months later and they still got bugs like reinforcement direction bug, some matched animation don't work, ai autoresolve issues, game is really reliant for mods to make playing enjoyable.

In regard to 3 Kingdoms now is chance for people to ask them to improve things they don't like. Not 5 years after like they do now with Rome 2.
    It is required for company to have at least moderate communication with customers/fanbase, just look at the example of Dawn of War 3 and how not listening them can develop.
    Last edited by kelembribor21; August 17, 2018 at 03:48 AM.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Senator

Ehh it looked a bit boring even with the fantasy abilties and hollywood fights.I wonder how bland the non romance mode is.Combat also looked like the usual 2 minute rushs without any tactics and the combat animations look terrible.
    Last edited by Sint; August 17, 2018 at 06:00 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am getting tired of all the negative complaints. The Gaming community has nothing more to do than complain, complain and complain. Seriously. Even AC Odyessy is getting hatred for becoming an RPG when I really want it to become one. Oh battle looks boring like seriously? Shogun 2 battles were the WORST! Battle ends in 5 minutes. You're complaining about Hollywood fights - tell me how Samurai fighting Samurai in the battlefield in individual fights is accurate? That had more Hollywood-esque mechanics than anything else. Shogun 2 had hero fantasy units for one. Geisha's and Ninja's were INACCURATE AND A COMPLETE FANTASY! Fantasy abilities - so what? China's history has had romantic elements like this. Half the damn novel is written on the magnificent duels between warlords.

Every right to be mad at CA especially in terms of decision choices for R2 - understand that. But this is not right to just complain on every damn mechanic of the game that's not been released yet! Three Kingdoms is just a Shogun 2 style game!

Boring? It's a classic Total War battle. I just wish they picked a more obvious battle setting for us to see some of the basic mechanics. However, if you find this ambush battle to be boring then you find Total War games in general boring.
    The Armenian Issue

I watch ambush battle again and just noticed these horses at 1:50. This is one of the funniest things I've seen in Total War games. It's not even that the physical interactions between horses are awful, but these jumps hahah!

So these latest news have confirmed two old lies and revealed a new third lie as well.

Confirmed lies:

Lie number 1: CA has been insistently advertising this game as "the next major historical TW game" since the announcement trailer. Now we have official gameplay showing characters with magic abilities (like casting an AOE explosion). Magic is what really defines fantasy and separates it from fiction, so even if these abilities are not there in the classic mode this is still mainly a fantasy game, as the fantasy mode is the big focus (of both the game and the marketing) and the default campaign. First old lie confirmed.

Which brings us to

Lie number 2: CA has been stubbornly repeating over and over since the announcement trailer that there will be no magic in this game. They were very insistent on that and repeated it several times. They specifically said that we will not see Zhuge Liang casting fireballs. But now we've seen Sun Ren casting AOE explosions. If that's not magic, what is? Second old lie confirmed.

And now let's go to the third lie, the new one revealed.

Lie number 3: CA said in an interview that we will not play as a faction, but as a character. But at the latest event they told the TW youtubers that we will not play as a single character, but as his clan, which includes his bloodline and children as well. That is a faction. These statements can't both be true, one of them is false. Time will tell which one. And by the way, apparently both statements were miraculously made by the same person. Who, by the way, had also lied to us about Rome 2 before its release as well. Interesting how life often repeats itself, huh?

And to the people who wonder about the negative feedback: you reap what you sow. CA is lying to us and shows footage of a really badly designed game with cartoony animations, magic abilities, arcade mechanics, extremely fast battles and so many more. Seriously, how did you expect people to react? Even though Rome 2 has come a really long way by now, its release state has left a sour taste to many TW players, which apparently has not gone away yet for many of them. And the awful way CA is handling the whole three kingdoms project so far doesn't help at all either.

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    So these latest news have confirmed two old lies and revealed a new third lie as well.
    Confirmed lies:
    Lie number 1: CA has been insistently advertising this game as "the next major historical TW game" since the announcement trailer. Now we have official gameplay showing characters with magic abilities (like casting an AOE explosion). Magic is what really defines fantasy and separates it from fiction, so even if these abilities are not there in the classic mode this is still mainly a fantasy game, as the fantasy mode is the big focus (of both the game and the marketing) and the default campaign. First old lie confirmed.
    Which brings us to
    Lie number 2: CA has been stubbornly repeating over and over since the announcement trailer that there will be no magic in this game. They were very insistent on that and repeated it several times. They specifically said that we will not see Zhuge Liang casting fireballs. But now we've seen Sun Ren casting AOE explosions. If that's not magic, what is? Second old lie confirmed.
    And now let's go to the third lie, the new one revealed.
    Lie number 3: CA said in an interview that we will not play as a faction, but as a character. But at the latest event they told the TW youtubers that we will not play as a single character, but as his clan, which includes his bloodline and children as well. That is a faction. These statements can't both be true, one of them is false. Time will tell which one. And by the way, apparently both statements were miraculously made by the same person. Who, by the way, had also lied to us about Rome 2 before its release as well. Interesting how life often repeats itself, huh?
    And to the people who wonder about the negative feedback: you reap what you sow. CA is lying to us and shows footage of a really badly designed game with cartoony animations, magic abilities, arcade mechanics, extremely fast battles and so many more. Seriously, how did you expect people to react? Even though Rome 2 has come a really long way by now, its release state has left a sour taste to many TW players, which apparently has not gone away yet for many of them. And the awful way CA is handling the whole three kingdoms project so far doesn't help at all either.
    It is the next major historical Total War game. Just because there are two modes and one has fantasy elements doesn't make it not the next major historical title.
    I've never heard of CA talking about this game not having magic. So, you gotta show how they stubbornly repeated that there was no magic.
    CA didn't really make contradicting statements on whether you play as only a character or as a faction. In the interview they talk about how the game is character centric, not that its an only-RPG game now.
    I'm wondering, why are you throwing so many lies to accuse CA of lying?
    The Armenian Issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast