Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

RafSwi7's Avatar Content Staff
    Citizen

Default Re: Cyberpunk 2077

I have played it a few hours and IMHO the game should be delayed. Maybe even another full year.

I runs better than I have expected on my laptop (even on ultra) but some bugs are visible from the very beginning. For example I have seen some npcs in T-poses and there are lot of problems with textures and level of detail in the game. The most glaring issue for me is that very often I can see how textures are loading on the models (like cars and npcs) when I am roaming in the city.

The game has very great looking, well animated scripted part of the game, however when I look how NPCs behave in open world it is clear to me how poor is AI. NPCs in cars only drive on predetermined routes, they won't ride past you even when you only partially block the road. They also won't try to escape if they are attacked on the road. The police is awful in the game, they just spawn behind you and they won't chase you (due to bad driving AI). As for NPCs in the city, I don't feel that they have daily life routines and there is nearly zero interactions with them. Due to these problems, the exploration of the city feels a little shallow. Oh, and pretty much all doors in the city are locked which is frustating for someone who want to see the inner parts of the city.

As I have mentioned the scripted part of the game is astounding. The characters are good, their animations in dialogues are superb. Too early to judge the story, but I am interested to see how things will turn out.

The gameplay feels solid at the moment, I still need to learn things (right now I am overhelmed by hacking gameplay and I am not sure how should I play with it).

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Yes, problems with textures and linear AI behavior are not what we expected in the end. I don't know about you, but I couldn't even get to some of the locations that are supposed to be unlocked in additional missions. I was amused by the people on the streets passing through you and the weapons that don't immediately appear in your hand when you pull them out. The developers claimed that there are no restrictions in the game, but in fact you are still in some kind of framework, it seemed to me. Let's hope it will be polished properly.

By the way, today a hotfix was released that updates the game to 1.04. CDPR corrected a lot and did a lot of work. Thank them for that. But only after the update, the game for many people stopped running at all. The game's forum is littered with angry comments. It seems that we are not playing a finished product, but a large beta test, only it is not free.
    Last edited by Alexander78; December 12, 2020 at 06:23 AM.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Way too soon, guy. Wait for the GotY Edition. After so many years, you'll have that patience.
    Told ya.
    Frankly, it's the same every time.

Seriously, buying a technological product on day one is the most stupid thing you can do. You pay the highest price, yet you receive the product for the worst quality. Over time the product will improve, getting updates, getting DLCs, getting ultimative "insert xyz" editions. I'll have that patience to wait two more years. If before, why not now? 2020 especially should've thought what patience is.

Seriously, as much as I like the concept and style of Cyberpunk, so much do I hate the crunch and the day one idiotism that came along with it. Get real.

Citizen

Yeah, we will see how they will fix this up. Technical issues will probably be easy to fix, not sure with the AI...

BTW

This is my V. As you can see I am a fan of Deus Ex series.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Where'd you get a car like this, man? And this outfit? My V is still running around in a tracksuit and picking change out of his pockets.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Where'd you get a car like this, man? And this outfit? My V is still running around in a tracksuit and picking change out of his pockets.
    The car is offered to you by the fixer in City Center (at Street Creed 20). It cost 55 000 €. I don't remember which shop had the outfit (the coat), but I think it was located in City Center or Heywood (maybe Japantown).

Is Cyberpunk a good game? in terms of graphics and gameplay? I always see meme about Cyberpunk that tells how terrible the graphics is. Is that true?

The game is unfinished, especially for consoles. Owners of PS4 and below are simply hysterical. Although, after reading the forum of the game, the opinions of console owners are different. I own the PC version. I have less problems with bugs, but I have paused the game progress until the patches are released. My opinion is that the game is raw and needs to be polished. God only knows how long it will take. As for graphics, it depends on the configuration of your PC. I have no problems, the picture is beautiful, but the atmosphere and AI require a lot of improvements. This is my opinion.

Also, the problem with reassigning keys has not yet been solved, for example, it is not very convenient for me to use the "F" key to lift objects and interact with something. You can reassign keys by changing the configuration file located in the game folder, but agree that it would be better if this function was available in the game itself. CDPR promised to fix it as well. We're waiting.
    Last edited by Alexander78; December 17, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

Campidoctor

[...] it is not very convenient for me to use the "F" key to lift objects and interact with something.
    It is still enough to pay respects. 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by AoRun View Post
    Is Cyberpunk a good game? in terms of graphics and gameplay? I always see meme about Cyberpunk that tells how terrible the graphics is. Is that true?
    I've notice quite a few clipping errors(I think..more items not staying on surfaces but floating in air, things like that), and a few models stuck in T-positions. These aren't game-breaking. But they're distracting if you're having a conversation with them on screen. Now, obviously, console is god damn broken. I'm not gonna go there. I haven't encountered a game breaking PC bug, but I gather the console players have. So fair's fair.

The story's great, so far as I have gotten through it. I'm in act II. It's great fun. And I'm playing through side quests as much as main. They did a good enough job with the city that THE CITY is as much a character as the characters are. So the side jobs and gigs just...well....lead you places.

The gigs come up by location as I understand it. You get there you get the job. But as you go through the story you get more side jobs. As you get more rep as well, you get more side jobs. It's a good way to balance character vs city.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I saw videos comparing GTA5 and Cyberpunk2077 game. Like there are less effects, NPC reactions, environment interactions etc in Cyberpunk compared to GTA5.

The network has new, unverified information and here is a brief squeeze of it. Although different sites provide information in different ways, both in general content and in semantic content, but they do not differ much in general points.

- CD Projekt RED went for such a problematic release to please investors

- The management intends to arrange a rebirth in the style of No Man's Sky by the summer of 2021

- The first of two large-scale patches will be released only in mid-March

- In the coming months a mass exodus from CD Project RED is expected

- The morale of developers is knocked down

- Sony made a huge beating due to the amount of refunds

- Directors and senior developers take the hit

- The team is still joking about the quest, which was rewritten a dozen times, as someone from the top did not like it. This quest was cut out and will be added to the DLC

- The team was replenished with strangers whom the management trusts

- A significant part of the code will be cut and rewritten from scratch

- Cyberpunk 2077 as conceived, should be ready by June 2021

- There's still a lot of content in retail copies that was just cut out of the game because it didn't work

- The developer asks for a refund because it reminds management of how the developers have talked about problems a bunch of times

- Most cosmetic rework should be ready for the second large-scale update

- The code for PS4 and Xbox One will be rewritten

- The code for PS5 is even better than PC, because the console devkit is very convenient to work with

- From the game cut out more than 50 thousand lines of code

- Most of the apartments and places where the door says "closed" was possible to loot

- The June update should return at least part of the cut

- In Night City, allegedly, there was a giant underground part of the city, which did not like the management

- If lucky, CDPR will be able to upgrade Cyberpunk 2077 to the image that the game was conceived in 2018

- The original Johnny Silverhand was much cooler, he sounded like a maniac

- The original Johnny was inspired by Solid Snake played by David Hayter from the first game

- The need for a superstar of the caliber of Keanu Reeves came from outside, the management agreed

- Initially, a truly complex AI system was conceived, so that you could simply observe the life of the city

- It was originally intended that children would use drugs, but this was cut out due to censorship

- There were arches with priests and Hare Krishnas, also cut out for censorship reasons

- There was a quest about a Max Tac officer who killed himself and got a seat so V could take it, but it created too many difficulties in terms of the plot

- The size of the game before the cut content was 160 GB

- Two huge story were cut out of the game

- Cut out a significant part of the underground part and sewer due to bugs

- Cut out the two other types of taxi

- Cut out the conversations of taxi drivers with passengers

Well... If this is true, what have we been offered to play now? Alpha, beta?

Well... If this is true, what have we been offered to play now? Alpha, beta?
    Public Beta.

Alpha is even less playable than this given they usually don't use public art(incomplete) and would likely have not much more than the engine up and running. Beta would have most of the quest systems done, most of the art done, quite a number of showkillers still up and any number of bugs great and small to fix.

Xbox360 and PS4 aside, Alpha and Beta are technical terms. Anything you see them willingly release to the public is not a Beta. There's a reason for even the number of delays pushing it to take as long as it take as long as it did.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Public Beta.

Alpha is even less playable than this given they usually don't use public art(incomplete) and would likely have not much more than the engine up and running. Beta would have most of the quest systems done, most of the art done, quite a number of showkillers still up and any number of bugs great and small to fix.

Xbox360 and PS4 aside, Alpha and Beta are technical terms. Anything you see them willingly release to the public is not a Beta. There's a reason for even the number of delays pushing it to take as long as it take as long as it did.
    Can this be called cheating players? After all, when the release came out, there was no word that the game was cut off by two-thirds and is still a very raw product. Only after buying the game, people saw how many bugs and flaws there are in the game. I am very sad to realize the fact that CDRP was in such a situation. This is a truly outstanding studio. And even more sad for the people who believed and were deceived. I'm one of them. It remains only to forgive and believe, as someone wrote on the Cyberpunk forum, after the developers asked for forgiveness from the fans.

Can this be called cheating players? After all, when the release came out, there was no word that the game was cut off by two-thirds and is still a very raw product. Only after buying the game, people saw how many bugs and flaws there are in the game. I am very sad to realize the fact that CDRP was in such a situation. This is a truly outstanding studio. And even more sad for the people who believed and were deceived. I'm one of them. It remains only to forgive and believe, as someone wrote on the Cyberpunk forum, after the developers asked for forgiveness from the fans.
    Players aren't who they have to worry about. Cyberpunk isn't the first game that wasn't what I'll politely call "not fully complete" when it was released in even the last year. Nevermind the last five years. Forget the last decade. Gamers bought it. Gamers let it get patched. Gamers never picked a particular game and all signed onto a class action suit.

What is interesting is CDPR was apparently caught between a their shareholders and their shareholders. They would've lost a crapton of money if they didn't release now, and they would've lost a crapton of money if they delayed another quarter. The catch? They apparently have not told the shareholders the full truth of the condition of the game. So, if you want to know who can *actually* hit them with a class action suit...
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes, I understand what you're writing about. They raised such a PR campaign and hype around it that the ripples on the water turned into a tsunami that eventually threatens to engulf them. Money conquers evil. The motto of our time.

Citizen

The roadmap. Quite meaningless without dates or specifics about the content.

Looks like 2nd Quarter 2021.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'll pick this up in mid-2022. Glad I resisted preorder. Game story is bloody awesome and despite the hate, i'm sure i'll love the game. But I can wait till they patch it all up.
    My bigger challenge is upgrading my rig. Have a 1080Ti but I have to buy an entire system. My budget is 3500$ but it's a bad year to buy anything with such bloated prices due to miners\scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I'll pick this up in mid-2022. Glad I resisted preorder. Game story is bloody awesome and despite the hate, i'm sure i'll love the game. But I can wait till they patch it all up.
    My bigger challenge is upgrading my rig. Have a 1080Ti but I have to buy an entire system. My budget is 3500$ but it's a bad year to buy anything with such bloated prices due to miners\scalpers.
    I'm not sure what processor you have, but you have a better video card than I do. And their 1.1 update fixed an already pretty smoothly running game. Remember, they paid a lot of attention to Gen5 consoles and PCs over the PS4/XboxOne that really got shorted here for not just lack of attention but older hardware. Every dlc after that is...well...free.

You might have to be picky about your resolution, and some of the video features(but then, film grain as a video feature is a great way to lose 20 fps on any system but not really gain anything really noticeable in an action/rpg game, but hey), but if that's not true about most modern games already I'm not sure why you haven't dropped out of video gaming until you can buy an entirely new system as it is. Just, be aware of what you're saying if all you're gonna do is point at your video card here.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast