Thread: Duel Mechanic Totally Reveal (Lü Bu vs. Xiahou Dun)

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Icon14 Duel Mechanic Totally Reveal (Lü Bu vs. Xiahou Dun)

I cut the duel sceen from Total War Three Kingdoms E3 2018 gameplay video. You can see how to start duel in game at this video.

Last edited by Nizam; June 09, 2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: typo

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Default Re: Duel Mechanic Totally Reveal (Lü Bu vs. Xiahou Dun)

So sad. Why don't they use rasengan or thunderbolt or haduken? That'd be cooler and bring in the true spirit and mature experience from Warhammer total war.

I hope someone releases a mod in which they ride dragons or qui lings.

I definitely love the choreography. Hopefully, there's enough moves and a fluid enough animation engine to make different matchups feel unique. I also want to see how well this works going off in the middle of a battle, rather than in a secluded courtyard elsewhere.

While I'm primarily here for Classic mode, I want Romance mode to be great as well, and duels working properly is going to be a huge part of that.

Absolutely loved it!!
    Can't wait to pursue Lu Bu!! (Yeah, I like Dynasty Warriors, so I guess that I will probably play Romance mode).

I wonder if when happening in middle of battle the soldiers will apart from it. Maybe they will stop fighting and watch.

Foederatus

Wow, I've been wanting a fully separate duel system for a while in Total War games. Totally new, refreshing and much needed.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by druchii7 View Post
    So sad. Why don't they use rasengan or thunderbolt or haduken? That'd be cooler and bring in the true spirit and mature experience from Warhammer total war.

I hope someone releases a mod in which they ride dragons or qui lings.
    Lol. Pretty much. And just to rub it in, neither of them should be wearing chain mail armor, for that matter. Chain mail wasn't introduced to China until a couple centuries later and it never really gained widespread acceptance or use among Chinese armies. They mainly used lamellar, brigandine, scale mail, coat of plates, and other types of armor. In addition to bronze and iron in this period, they even used lacquered leather. During the previous Qin Dynasty, they even had suits of stone armor riveted with copper wire connectors! I saw as much in an exhibit in Richmond, VA recently, with bits of the Terracotta Army on display along with other artifacts.

I knew it... I KNEW IT! THEY MAKE DUELING!

I really liked it by far.
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by zoner16 View Post
    I definitely love the choreography. Hopefully, there's enough moves and a fluid enough animation engine to make different matchups feel unique. I also want to see how well this works going off in the middle of a battle, rather than in a secluded courtyard elsewhere.

While I'm primarily here for Classic mode, I want Romance mode to be great as well, and duels working properly is going to be a huge part of that.
    I bet the moves will be very limited and players will find duel repetitive and boring after maybe 10 to 20 battles
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi