Thread: I need help with this.

Default I need help with this.

Can someone tell me what to do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kh reform.PNG  

Default Re: I need help with this.

See the reforms thread, the KH reform is covered there.

But I got this after completing the reforms. It mentions revising constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinucis View Post
    But I got this after completing the reforms. It mentions revising constitution.
    That's not the completion of the reforms, that's the first step. Read the linked thread.

To be honest it happened to me that this screen popped up afer all the reforms, one time.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That's not the completion of the reforms, that's the first step. Read the linked thread.
    I read the linked thread now, I have read it before numerous times. It says the first step is building a Congress. I have built Congress for at least 50 seasons now. Can I speak to a dev, since this screen is very peculiar.

I read the linked thread now, I have read it before numerous times. It says the first step is building a Congress. I have built Congress for at least 50 seasons now. Can I speak to a dev, since this screen is very peculiar.
    Lol, you must be new here. Quintus is the dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Floren d'Asteneuz View Post
    To be honest it happened to me that this screen popped up afer all the reforms, one time.
    It shouldn't do, it's either in loops that terminate, or require it not to have triggered.

I wrote the current script (after performing some major surgery on the original one). Are you playing v2.3? Is this not the first time that message has appeared? Have subsequent ones appeared? What year is it in your game, and what stage of the reform are you at?

Just putting up a cropped screenshot of a single message with no other supporting information tells me nothing.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 09, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    Lol, you must be new here. Quintus is the dev.
    Lol, and they don't know what this message is. Forgive me but this is not a dev to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It shouldn't do, it's either in loops that terminate, or require it not to have triggered.

I wrote the current script (after performing some major surgery on the original one). Are you playing v2.3? Is this not the first time that message has appeared? Have subsequent ones appeared? What year is it in your game, and what stage of the reform are you at?

Just putting up a cropped screenshot of a single message with no other supporting information tells me nothing.
    Then I should speak to someone else. You clearly lack knowledge on the matter issue.

I ask for the last time. What does this message mean? Forget my version, forget my date. If you are a dev you should know right off the bat.

Lol, and they don't know what this message is. Forgive me but this is not a dev to me.
    Then I should speak to someone else. You clearly lack knowledge on the matter issue.

I ask for the last time. What does this message mean? Forget my version, forget my date. If you are a dev you should know right off the bat.
    You have a weird idea of what a dev is. These people are not omniscient, you know. Also, a mod can malfunction in all sorts of strange ways.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    You have a weird idea of what a dev is. These people are not omniscient, you know. Also, a mod can malfunction in all sorts of strange ways.
    Even if it is a malfunction, I am struggling to understand what this message conveys. When is it supposed to appear? Does any9ne know anything about this specific mesaage in particular?

Fellow dev here...Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but QS is right--we also recognize the message, it just doesn't tell us diddly-squat about what's gone wrong. You simply need to provide more information. A single screen shot of an event popup and a question following it really just isn't enough to diagnose the problem. Have you ever troubleshot problems for fans before? If yes, you'll know that the more info provided, the easier our job will be.

For example:

Why do my general's command stars disappear prior to battle? It's not just a certain general either, it is all of them. I'll have a general with a 4 star command, and when I initiate battle the army strength screen shows he has none. If this is intentional then I am not a fan of it. Could someone point out how to disable this feature?
    From a fan who previously asked this question, he provided 0 screenshots, didn't mention what faction he played, etc. etc.... Naturally, as the traits guy, I essentially said "Never seen this happen before, no idea what's going on. Could you be more specific?"

Turns out if he had posted a single screenshot of the offending general's character sheet we could have instantly diagnosed the problem:

It's alright. I realized what it is now. Playing as Rome, a lot of generals have the "Imperium Relinquished" trait with the description they can't 'legally lead battles/armies'. Parking some of them in Rome for a few turns, they will eventually acquire the trait "Imperium" and can now 'lead armies'. The ones with Imperium trait don't lose their command ability, while the ones with Imperium Relinquished do. Wish I had known about this before hand. I don't remember reading a message or anything describing this feature. Do all factions have this feature, or is it limited Rome and other 'civilized' factions (i.e. Greeks, Carthage, Egypt)?
    So you see, simply providing as much info as possible to a dev when troubleshooting GREATLY speeds up the process. In the example above, the fan posted a very brief written account of what was happening, but absolutely nothing else, so we were all confused and had no idea what was going wrong, since what he was describing had never ever happened to any tester, team member or fan.

My final comment after him realizing it wasn't a bug at all, but an intentional feature of the game:
    This is why you post screenshots right away; if we'd seen the character sheets of these guys sooner, the faction and etc. We could have deduced this "bug" instantly.

It's mostly a Roman/Carthaginian thing. No other factions really use such a mechanic ATM AFAIK. At any rate, it's totally intentional for the Romans. Historically a man needed Imperium to command an army. There should have been a pop-up explaining Roman offices at the campaign start, but I'm not sure if it mentions Imperium.

In the future, make sure to investigate every single trait before asking yourself why this 5 star general has only 2,3 or 4 stars instead. For example, there is a Celtic trait called BattleMad (L1 is called Gargos) which will give you bonuses on attack, but penalties on defense: thus a 7 star general with BattleMad L3 will have 10 stars on the attack, but 4 stars on the defense.
    Now do you understand how important it is to be detailed with your bug reports???

Are you playing v2.3? Is this not the first time that message has appeared? Have subsequent ones appeared? What year is it in your game, and what stage of the reform are you at?
    So the above are all extremely important questions. Another potential question: is M2TW installed outside of program files(x86)? If it's inside your program files, that's going to cause all sorts of bugs.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; June 09, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Fellow dev here...Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but QS is right--we also recognize the message, it just doesn't tell us diddly-squat about what's gone wrong. You simply need to provide more information. A single screen shot of an event popup and a question following it really just isn't enough to diagnose the problem. Have you ever troubleshot problems for fans before? If yes, you'll know that the more info provided, the easier our job will be.

For example:

From a fan who previously asked this question, he provided 0 screenshots, didn't mention what faction he played, etc. etc.... Naturally, as the traits guy, I essentially said "Never seen this happen before, no idea what's going on. Could you be more specific?"

Turns out if he had posted a single screenshot of the offending general's character sheet we could have instantly diagnosed the problem:

So you see, simply providing as much info as possible to a dev when troubleshooting GREATLY speeds up the process. In the example above, the fan posted a very brief written account of what was happening, but absolutely nothing else, so we were all confused and had no idea what was going wrong, since what he was describing had never ever happened to any tester, team member or fan.

My final comment after him realizing it wasn't a bug at all, but an intentional feature of the game:

Now do you understand how important it is to be detailed with your bug reports???

So the above are all extremely important questions. Another potential question: is M2TW installed outside of program files(x86)? If it's inside your program files, that's going to cause all sorts of bugs.
    Okay, version is 2.3. It is the first time the message appears. I put 4 archonts in Korith (where one of my two Sympoliteia Hellenon is) and nothing happened so far (20 seasons in). It was season 280 (201 BC). M2TW is installed outside program files(x86). The exe. has Large Address Aware applied in order to fix the ram restriction issue that I was suffering from, resulting in constant ctds. I have long ago reached Sympoliteia Hellenon.

PS. This is double standards, my friend. You put vague messages without much useful information like that in your mod, leaving players wondering and expect us to cooperate according to non existant standards on your behalf.

Should have played RS...

PS. This is double standards, my friend. You put vague messages without much useful information like that in your mod, leaving players wondering and expect us to cooperate according to non existant standards on your behalf.
    Considering that this event pop-up is supposed to appear midway through an event chain, it's not particularly surprising that the event isn't entirely self-contained. However, if you'd looked at the reforms thread, you probably would've recognized that this is the event that's supposed to pop up after you've built four Koinon governments in various settlements. Seriously, the event states everything it needs to: you've completed some stage of the KH reform process, and now you need four archons (I don't think you need to put them all in the same city anymore, but that used to be a requirement, IIRC, so that part of the description probably just hasn't been updated yet) in order to continue the process.

Since you claim to already have the Sympoliteia, then you presumably have already fulfilled the previous requirements. Did a similar pop-up happen when you built your fourth Koinon? Because that's when this event is supposed to happen.

If you already have the reforms activated and can build the post-reform governments, then you should be able to just disregard the message: maybe an event_counter got reset, so that the game thought you're still working on the reforms when they're already activated, but there should be no in-game effect (it's not like the game is going to set the counter that activates the reforms back to zero, or something like that).

Okay, version is 2.3. It is the first time the message appears. I put 4 archonts in Korith (where one of my two Sympoliteia Hellenon is) and nothing happened so far (20 seasons in). It was season 280 (201 BC). M2TW is installed outside program files(x86). The exe. has Large Address Aware applied in order to fix the ram restriction issue that I was suffering from, resulting in constant ctds. I have long ago reached Sympoliteia Hellenon.

You don't need to put the Archons in Korinthos, as it says in the thread I linked. That was an old reform requirement that was dropped as unnecessary. As long as you have four Archons, the process will begin.

What you're seeing is the "failsafe" that triggers if you've not managed to get it to work:

Code:
            if I_TurnNumber = 280    					; 202 BC
                and I_EventCounter HE_KOINON_START < 1  ; event hasn't been triggered
                historic_event HE_KOINON_START factions { f_kh, }
                set_counter koinon_reform_progress 3		; setting stage three of reform progress
            end_if
    That's also when it triggers for the AI. The fact that you've seen it once and only once means the script is working as intended. All those CTDs means something may have gone awry and that message was missed if you haven't seen it before.

If you got the Sympoliteia event and resolved it, then you're fine. So this is a non-event. It's the script catching up with something that was likely interrupted before.

Thanks, I appreciate it!