Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CATW ALEXANDROS

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Default Re: CATW ALEXANDROS

Hehe
    Just check for "Peninsula Italica" (also worked on this one), for RTW and MTW, it's exactly that.
    Cheers !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    and indeed competition is fierce, with better "products"
    Is it? I only know of one other mod in development for the Alexander time period, and its team are currently taking a break from it.

I tried two other mods on the era. One used models made by the same guy behind the rosters of bronze age: TW. If we are talking the same...
    catw01 is nearly complete, still struggling with the implementation on new settlements on the map. But it will be released and then i will be back on Alex.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I didn't try this mod, but i would like to see it completed, since there is no real Alexander mod out there for Rome.

Good morning
    I started playing with Persia, but they have only few units to be recruited (slingers, archers, 2 units of infantry and peasants). Will other units appear after some reforms or is mod not finished? I can see in custom battles that they have immortals, many cavalary and much more infantry choices.

I was looking for a this kind of a mod for ages. Does it work? Does it still developed?

I just tried. The mod is amazing but indeed there is problems(Like persians cannot get cavalry) It would be great if that can be fixed.
    Last edited by karasis; January 01, 2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    I was looking for a this kind of a mod for ages. Does it work? Does it still developed?
    I just tried. The mod is amazing but indeed there is problems(Like persians cannot get cavalry) It would be great if that can be fixed.
    The mod is currently in "gamma" mode, not really completed. Indeed many Persian units were not recuitable, here is the fix: http://ancient-battles.com/catw/download/Fixes/
    Just copy and paste this into Alex/data/ over the former one. Tested.
    I'm completing Alex 1.1 update (missing pics, oher recruitments, strats, generals, settlements names and other details). One of the objective is to have a working 4 TPY.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

After all this time i just want to say i'll never got back to this mod. It's officially closed. With more recent versions of graphic cards, CPU, windows, the game is now too unstable to be played long run.
    So that's it, official closure (and of modding for me, definitely). That was great to be part of the community.

Ok, but I'd still like to play the mod. Your site was the only download of CATW Alexandros and now it's gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12