Thread: Every faction i encountered declared war me...totally and constantly surrounded by stacks of armies in normal cmpn difficulty

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Every faction i encountered declared war me...totally and constantly surrounded by stacks of armies in normal cmpn difficulty

Hello to the Dei team, firstly i want to thank the team for their dedication and for their labor who freely offer to the community , no words to express my gratitude.
    Having said that i wanted to ask the community because i havent seen anyone post something similar so iam wondering if what iam encountering is just a peculiarity isolated to my own settings or a general phenomenon in the current dei version,
    iam currently playing as rome , mind you it is a saved campaign that i began a couple of versions before the latest one and iam wondering if this is a discrepancy because of this, nd EVERY single one faction that i have encountered declared war on me for no apparent reason, with campaign difficulty set to medium, iam in a situation in which i have played more than a 100 turns ,fought more than 75 battles within the campaing most of them victorious, being COMPLETELY sourrounded by sea and water having every single faction around me sending against me 2 and 3 full stack armies against me every 2 turns, having to fight them and defeat them every single turn winning and loosing a single settlement constantly because of the fact that iam forced to move around like crazy with the 1.5 legions that i can BARELY hold on to financially, winning battles and losing ground to the point that the campaign is unwinnable but not in the most realistic and normal way because everyone in the map is completely occupied into trying to build up loads of army stacks sending them against me... I mean its crazy i have 3 or 4 gaulish factions each one of them sending against me 3 full armies every 1 to 2 turns the same goes for the Massalians, Syracausans Macedonians, etc etc..
    Does anyone else faces this kind of situation, could it be because it is a continuation of an older versions campaign, or a submod that i have?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Every faction i encountered declared war me...totally and constantly surrounded by stacks of armies in normal cmpn difficulty

Does This happens only using your prevoius saved game or also in a new 123 campaign?
    Could be that there's something broken in the passage between old and new version.

Default Re: Every faction i encountered declared war me...totally and constantly surrounded by stacks of armies in normal cmpn difficulty

Hmm, i havent tested a brand new campaign yet, but maybe it could be it.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Dunno, first thing that came in my mind. Seems too harsh to be normal.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Or a mod conflict since we haven't seen any similar post .
    Plus, sometimes AI goes crazy with older savegames.

I will test it agaiin and begin a new campaign but thanks for the feedback.
    My submods are the faster battles, some cosmetic ones , imperial legions of rome and a patch that makes them compatible with an older version of dei but i have modified the stats

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Other thing is thay you might have screwed early diplomacy, as it has to be engaged from turn one or you broke treaties. Also the more wars you have, the more AI will declare was as they see you as easy target.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Libertus

Just started a Roma campaign after the new Steam patch. Playing on Hard Campaign difficulty with no other mods.

for the first 60 turns I conquered southern Italy, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica. Only ever at war with Epiros (Made peace with them after I expelled them from Italy), Syracuse (destroyed), and Carthage (Made peace after conquering Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica). Carthage accepted peace because the same time I conquered their territory, they lost their holdings in Spain. Other than those 3 wars, I have been able to dictate who I go to war with because I am so much more powerful than everyone else. It's honestly a little too easy. The next 40 turns, I built up my economy and conquered the Eastern Coast of Spain from the Edetani, whom I declared war on. This also got me friendly relations with Carthage, being at war with their enemies. No one has attempted to attack me in over 40 turns, so I've definitely had a different experience than the OP
    Last edited by KingRudiger; June 29, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

If you are already fighting on multiple fronts, the diplomacy AI is much more likely to declare war. Even factions that otherwise seem to have good relations with you. It's basically a hidden malus to all faction relations.

I've had a couple of campaigns like that where the effect snowballs and I end up at war with the whole world. I usually restart when that happens. It is VERY hard to come back from.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by KingRudiger View Post
    Just started a Roma campaign after the new Steam patch. Playing on Hard Campaign difficulty with no other mods.

for the first 60 turns I conquered southern Italy, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica. Only ever at war with Epiros (Made peace with them after I expelled them from Italy), Syracuse (destroyed), and Carthage (Made peace after conquering Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica). Carthage accepted peace because the same time I conquered their territory, they lost their holdings in Spain. Other than those 3 wars, I have been able to dictate who I go to war with because I am so much more powerful than everyone else. It's honestly a little too easy. The next 40 turns, I built up my economy and conquered the Eastern Coast of Spain from the Edetani, whom I declared war on. This also got me friendly relations with Carthage, being at war with their enemies. No one has attempted to attack me in over 40 turns, so I've definitely had a different experience than the OP
    Go check out my answer on the Punic War thread ... Playing as Rome kind of went the same way until some Thracians went D-day on me. Completely swung the campaign around.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Look into modding CAI aggressiveness. DeI has it set very high.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Ok Guys, I've just deleted a bunch of off-topic posts here. This thread is about the DEI mod, not about the current political situation of Macedonia. Please stay on topic or I won't be that lenient next time. Thank you for your understanding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

This sounds like a classic case of botched or nonexistent diplomacy. If you are willing to upload a save I can take a look and see what you need to do to save your current campaign. Otherwise, if you have any questions, I am always happy to share diplomatic tips and strategies.

Libertus

I had the same problem in one of my campaigns eventually known faction would declare war on me even when i was on good terms on them.I donīt know was it a coincidence but when i won couple battles and crushed my enemies and captured a enemy city the war declaring on me stopped.Not sure do these have connection with the enemy war declaring,but if you seem weak they see you as easy prey like in real history.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Ok Guys, I've just deleted a bunch of off-topic posts here. This thread is about the DEI mod, not about the current political situation of Macedonia. Please stay on topic or I won't be that lenient next time. Thank you for your understanding.
    When I was one of the official moderators on the CA forums (2005), this was a daily occurrence. Good to see some things have not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juzu90 View Post
    I donīt know was it a coincidence but when i won couple battles and crushed my enemies and captured a enemy city the war declaring on me stopped.Not sure do these have connection with the enemy war declaring,but if you seem weak they see you as easy prey like in real history.
    That's how it should happen.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Try and make friends early that should limit the wars you'll get served.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

We strongly advise for a very early diplomatic activity. Especially after CA's latest patch and our update.

The best diplomacy is punching people in the face. In my current Macedonia campaign, I had eight factions declare war on me in the first couple of turns. After I won a few battles, the AI started asking me for diplomatic relations instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Olmsted View Post
    The best diplomacy is punching people in the face. In my current Macedonia campaign, I had eight factions declare war on me in the first couple of turns. After I won a few battles, the AI started asking me for diplomatic relations instead.
    Yeah...If you come out weaker though, AI will relentlessly start to provoke you.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 10, 2018 at 11:51 AM.