Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

Default Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

Hey lads,

Am attempting to install Darthmod Empire 8.0, the full 1.86GB single mod version on my Win10 steam version of Empire - however it keeps asking for a disc 2... I cannot figure out how to trick it into just getting on with it and installing everything.

Is the mod incompatible with the Win10 steam version of Empire?

Please advise.

--Tokus

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

You’ve got parts 1 and 2 downloaded, placed in the same folder? (Part 2 doesnt mean the 8.01 patch btw)
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    Hey lads,

Am attempting to install Darthmod Empire 8.0, the full 1.86GB single mod version on my Win10 steam version of Empire - however it keeps asking for a disc 2... I cannot figure out how to trick it into just getting on with it and installing everything.

Is the mod incompatible with the Win10 steam version of Empire?

Please advise.

--Tokus
    If you have been unsuccessful then I would suggest that you try the one piece download, if you have trouble with the links let me know and I will refresh

It is fully compatible with WIN 10 which I use myself
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Try this. Which I once used and as far I can tell that worked for me.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

The one piece download and patch kindly hosted by Leonardo is also on the main page links http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12007470
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Have the same problem, downloaded the one piece installer from theassimilationlab.com. Oh and not only it asks for disc 2, but for disc 3 too, and ofc installation can not finished.

Hammeredalways, can I as k you a quick question? Is the Empire total Flags mod compatible with Darthmod? If it's not on it's own..can I do something about it? Such as trying perhaps to replace Darthmod's flag pack with the ETF pack?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Tompo View Post
    Have the same problem, downloaded the one piece installer from theassimilationlab.com. Oh and not only it asks for disc 2, but for disc 3 too, and ofc installation can not finished.
    I am having the problem where it asks for disk 2 as well. Downloaded the one piece installer as well. Any ideas why this happening?

Blog Entries

There’s two solutions for you guys trying to use the assimilationlab link. Well, three maybe.

Either you download the moddb part 2 as detailed here, or here.

Or, and this is what I reccomend, just download both parts 1 and 2 from moddb, much less hassle hopefully.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    There’s two solutions for you guys trying to use the assimilationlab link. Well, three maybe.

Or, and this is what I reccomend, just download both parts 1 and 2 from moddb, much less hassle hopefully.
    Thanks for your help mate. The installer is now there but the game gets to the first screen and then crashes. I verified it worked before downloading the installer but now no dice. If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out due to these mods! Have a good un.

Foederatus

Thanks for your help mate. The installer is now there but the game gets to the first screen and then crashes. I verified it worked before downloading the installer but now no dice. If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out due to these mods! Have a good un.

Blog Entries

Is the installer not working, or the mod? Are you using the launcher? (I don’t use the launcher myself)

Foederatus

Is the installer not working, or the mod? Are you using the launcher? (I don’t use the launcher myself)
    The installer is all set up and good. When I go to start the game (on Steam or the icon in the file) the first screen comes up and then crashes after 20 or 30 seconds.
    I verified the game, tried running steam and the game as Admin and deleted the script file that sometimes causes crashes and nothing.

Blog Entries

I’m honestly not sure what this is. Try the general solution thread under ‘ctd at startup’, or just delete and reinstall ETW completely. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12013478

Foederatus

I’m honestly not sure what this is. Try the general solution thread under ‘ctd at startup’, or just delete and reinstall ETW completely. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12013478
    I decided to use another mod instead, as I had already uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Cheers for all the help though.

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Heyyyy guys I have the same problem with a CTD on campaign loading. Looks like trying to get back into the mod in the year 2018 is cursed. That goddamn assimilationlabs Leonardo link is the wrong file! It needs to be 2 parts there! That's what must've ed over literally 27,311 people because that's how many downloads it has. His Casus Belli localization file seems corrupted too.

Most people give up before they even seek help here. I'm downloading ETW for the THIRD time in 3 days trying to sort through all this. Not even the vanilla version works, same campaign CTD, even after I deleted all the mod files and the roaming/appdata/The_Creative_Assembly/Empire/preferences and everything. Why won't verifying game cache integrity fix a broken stock download? Is there a third directory tree that needs to be expunged? Sorry to be frustration but it's a huge time sink fallacy at this point. Doesn't help most of this information and original posts are older than my kids.

Thanks Aexodus for all your help with the community! Your posts have been most helpful in my slogging search.

Sorry Leonardo I misspoke but can't edit my post. Your Casus Belli is fine and has the new good localization file you need to replace the original bundled one with. Your DME 8 Platinum is just the part 1 of the download, but appears to be identical to the ModDB Part 1 download sizewise.

Quote Originally Posted by gazastripclub View Post
    Sorry Leonardo I misspoke but can't edit my post. Your Casus Belli is fine and has the new good localization file you need to replace the original bundled one with. Your DME 8 Platinum is just the part 1 of the download, but appears to be identical to the ModDB Part 1 download sizewise.
    You need to have at least 25 posts before being able to edit your post. Only two more posts needs to be posted

Thanks for the confirmation. Regarding the DME mirror at TAL, as I recall it you need first to install DME 8.0 then install the DME 8.01 patch on top of the main DME installation. That should work, so try that. If not then let me know.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Ok you might be right because I'm starting fresh using the modDB links this time and part 1, 2, and the patch all appear to have the same filename for the download/zip file so that's confusing my computer. Also the filesizes are different but that remains to be seen, since that host takes forever to get things from. Last time I played ETW Darthmod was like 4 years ago lol so I'm just happy to have any download link.

What I think my problem was, as per the advice of this forum, is that you need to do the steps in an absurd order because ETW is inherently fragile and buggy compared to other titles in the series, Medieval 2 even! I needed to launch vanilla first after a fresh download so it would populate the metadata needed for a successful mod installation. But also when I uninstalled the inoperable modded version I had, I needed to directly delete the directories + appdata/roaming + all possible .pack or other mod files rather than via steam. Upon installing Darthmod, the file path to ETW was blank like the red flag everyone said that was.

Why not download DME at TAL and follow my instructions.

1. Install DME 8.0
    2. Install DME 8.01 patch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast