Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold version fully patched?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gold version fully patched?

Civ 4 is still the most modded version of the series if I recall correctly, bit like M2TW - simple, easy and well supported.

I have a question about steam. I guess when it automatically downloads your game and gives you a desktop icon, this is so you can install a mod? And than you would just run the mod through your downloaded version and said icon? And if you intend on just playing a vanilla game you would do it through your steam launcher?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Yes and no. It depends what kind of mod you are using e.g mod foldered mods needs to be launched by doing this (I think that also applies for M2TW, not sure though).

Anyway, just install mods as usual, but if that doesn't work then try the link.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Ok, thank you. When i reinstall M2 one day i always just used a PC installation, no steam. Same in the past with RTW. The only TW game i have on steam is Empire.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
    I have a question about steam. I guess when it automatically downloads your game and gives you a desktop icon, this is so you can install a mod? And than you would just run the mod through your downloaded version and said icon? And if you intend on just playing a vanilla game you would do it through your steam launcher?
    Uh... no? The default desktop icon is for the base game. You install mods as you would for anything else in the game, in fact, the same as vanilla with a key exception; medieval2 must be copied and named kingdoms in the game's folder. At that point it's standard procedure.

Blog Entries

Here is something to make life totally easy: Creating a World - Desktop Shortcuts for the Kingdoms Campaigns

And here is the stuff that Commodus means: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 23, 2019 at 10:45 PM.

So I ran into some gold sales at amazon. Mine ended coming in as "The Complete Edition" Is this basically gold? Does it still require the 1.5 gold patch or regular 1.5 patch?

Blog Entries

Easy way to find out - when starting the game go into 'options' and check the number at the top right corner. If it says 1.3 then you still need the 1.5 patch.

Good news my cd version took me to steam (as empire did years ago) installed me up and automatically upgraded me to the definitive edition (as empire did months ago) and the version in the upper right corner says 1.52. Bad news is i can't figure out where to click to bring up the kingdoms campaigns??? But yeah i got my definitive edition, which is how you would flat out buy it at steam these days, happy panda

Blog Entries

Help is on it's way: Creating a World - Desktop Shortcuts for the Kingdoms Campaigns

If you like it a bit more convoluted then select M2TW in steam's library, click 'play' and choose the campaign

Thanks, Im glad im not alone. When you run up M2 on steam its just the vanilla options to click on, no kingdoms campaigns to be found.

Would CA want to do a fix of this or is it just too old of a game?

And I've noticed with the message board here for quite some time, when you want to edit a post you click edit but it won't save your new text. You have to click refresh and than edit and retype your message and than it will save the new text
    Last edited by Gaul; April 23, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Please give a screenshot of what you see when you press play on steam, and what those 'vanilla options' are.

Print Screen takes a screen shot? And what folder would i find it in? What i mean by vanilla options is that it's identical to the base game, before kingdoms was released

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

When launching the definitive edition on steam it should look like this

Edit: And when editing messages you just have to press save after editing:
    https://gyazo.com/3cc666a32d8084979498cafcdf99bdc7
    Last edited by King Athelstan; April 23, 2020 at 11:50 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

If memory serves the kingdom campaigns do not get installed automatically (at least not before it got called the 'definitive edition') - I needed to select it from the DLC menu when I converted my disk to Steam.

Well gigantus, your quick fix definitely worked. Today after i clicked play it let me pick between grand campaign or each of the four kingdoms campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    When launching the definitive edition on steam it should look like this

Edit: And when editing messages you just have to press save after editing:
    https://gyazo.com/3cc666a32d8084979498cafcdf99bdc7

Well thank you. The five options weren't there yesterday but were there today. I thought it was gigantus and his fix that solved the problem?

And when I hit save the first time it doesn't get a rotating circle. I have to copy it, hit refresh, edit and paste my corrected text, and than hit save

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If memory serves the kingdom campaigns do not get installed automatically (at least not before it got called the 'definitive edition') - I needed to select it from the DLC menu when I converted my disk to Steam.

Yeah I saw DLC yesterday. I try not to get too involved with steam, but I know it's the future of PC gaming, for any company
    Last edited by Frunk; April 25, 2020 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
    I try not to get too involved with steam, but I know it's the future of PC gaming, for any company
    I know what you mean about not getting involved with Steam, but after I was force to do that in March 2009 at the release of ETW I discover that taking a screenshot is lot easier than it was in the older game titles e.g MTW, RTW, M2TW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12