Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold version fully patched?

Default Gold version fully patched?

I saw there might be a final gold version patch for M2 total war kingdoms.

Because I'll be damned to hell if I can get regular M2 going on windows 10. Even as I log on as the administrator, it still wants to say something like "no internet connection to download update" I had all patches already installed, even when I tried to put them on twice I got a message they were already on. And I also first got that message "log on as administer for full administrative privileges"

I now have uninstalled M2 for the time being and probably won't put it up until I have the gold version for M2 kingdoms to install.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Default Re: Gold version fully patched?

Not sure I understand? Do you have a gold version or is this internet connection message related to a malware (Steam) ? Gold version come patched to 1.4 and you have to update it to 1.5, I never had any internet requirement message with it. Or are you looking to get a gold edition instead of the malware version?
    Last edited by selv; June 03, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

No steam, no gold. I wanted the gold version, hoping it was at least for the most part all ready to play upon install. And also for everybody else, patch links are no longer working. They seem to have been taken down by gamershell. I have 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 non gold on my computer still. If you need it just point me in the direction of an uploads site. last time i used one was when filefront was still around

I see, the patch 1.5 is all I need with the gold and I downloaded it right here if memory serve, still working after all these years.
    http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=..._patch_1.5.rar

I can't find 1.1 and so on working links though, and I don't have copy of them since gold version don't need them... But someone around must have those you are missing ? Reuploading would be nice if no links are working anymore.

I went to totalwar.com and found another server that still had the 1.5 gold patch. thanks though

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You only need 1.3 for the really old M2TW installation (present installations are at least 1.3) and 1.5 after adding the kingdom campaigns. The campaign installation will update your base installation to 1.4

1.1 is a busted patch - afaik you can't even update further after installing it, hence 1.3 is the first patch, followed by the campaign which updates to 1.4 - and then 1.5 which updates the kingdom executable (cannot be applied to plain M2TW).

I saw with the 1.3 patch and 1.5, there's files in there besides the setup.exe. Do I copy and paste and replace all these files, or just run the setup.exe? I think that was the problem the first time I copied and replaced besides running the exe.

Blog Entries

Nope, simply extract the patch and then just run the exe - the other files will be used as and when the installer needs them, they have to be present.

Ok, thanks. I have the old physical copy of M2, the cd version. Would you be able to point me in the direction of how to install mods for steam runned games? I'm 100% lost and would love to try a mod for Empire.

Blog Entries

No clue about mods for Empire (ETW) but here is the guide for M2TW: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way

Ok Gigantus, thanks for your help. The 1.1 patch for M2 actually was a quickie patch for major major problems that came out 2 months after M2 was released. 1.2 patch was the final patch for M2 non Kingdoms expansion, that came out in April of that year. 1.3 like you said was added to work with Kingdoms.

Sadness. Can't find the old gold version on amazon, brand new at least.

So it's original M2 + patch 1.3 and than M2 Kingdoms + patch 1.5?

Blog Entries

I thought you had the Steam version? That is fully patched. If you have problems to find a correct patch then simply convert your disk version to Steam at no cost.

I try to avoid steam when i can. I'm not used to it i don't even know if a mod would overwrite a vanilla campaign or corrupt a vanilla saved game. I'm just asking for good old C drive installation.

Blog Entries

I feel you, I had the same reservations - using it now for the last couple of years because of convenience.

Everything works the way it is supposed to (you can even change the language for sound and text after installing if you fancy it), only thing you need to do is run this little guide once (use the 'installer' if you are not familiar with stuff) to make all mods steam compatible. Has to do with the merging of the two executables on Steam into the medieval2.exe file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 12, 2019 at 10:02 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
    Ok, thanks. I have the old physical copy of M2, the cd version. Would you be able to point me in the direction of how to install mods for steam runned games? I'm 100% lost and would love to try a mod for Empire.
    Installing mods for ETW is a little different since it's a Steam game (actually the first TW game IIRC), but overall it's the same as installing mods for almost any game.

Just make sure to find Empire Total War\Data and it's there you install all mods even with a stand alone installer e.g the T.A.R mod.

However, there are two types of mod files and that's like this.

- movie doesn't requires to be added to the user.empire_script.txt
    - modpack must be added to the user.empire_script.txt

Alwyn explained here (scroll down to the bottom) the difference between these two mod types.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Blog Entries

This method should get you onto Steam, including the kingdom campaigns. Works for other game versions as well, did it myself for RTW.

So I guess the 1.2 patch is hanging around totalwar.com for people that don't have or don't want to install Kingdoms?

Blog Entries

Probably a much simpler reason - nobody bothered to take it down. I bought my disk the year the game came out and never needed that patch. Fond memories of a well design box with an exhaustive manual in it as well as a bonus original sound track CD. Still has it's place of pride among other gems from that bygone era.

The oh so exciting wait for the second Medieval era of total war. On the RTW map engine. Kind of like the third installment of the beloved EU series by Paradox Interactive. Both late 2006/early 2007. And Civilization IV was a diamond in the sun as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast