Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Baktria tips

  1. #1

    Default Baktria tips

    Anyone made progress in a campaign with Baktria in the 1.2 version of the mod that comes with the new map?

    They seem like a really interesting faction but it seems the only way to expand is north into the nomad areas because of the Seleucid block that never seems to break up

  2. #2

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Didn`t play Bactria for long time, but i can definitely say that Seleucid puppets rebel usually about 20-50 turn. Probably mod conflict?
    But you can blitz them when even without this, when Seleucid starts war with someone.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosthammer View Post
    Didn`t play Bactria for long time, but i can definitely say that Seleucid puppets rebel usually about 20-50 turn. Probably mod conflict?
    But you can blitz them when even without this, when Seleucid starts war with someone.
    Not a mod conflict, am on Mac so have to use the Mac sub mod based on data venia, think it was made before the eastern diplomatic rebalance and can't be updated cause CA didn't make the new politics system Mac compatible

    Think across 5 campaigns with different factions that are all nearing 100 turns ive seen one satrap revolt

  4. #4

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Quote Originally Posted by AS1606 View Post
    Not a mod conflict, am on Mac so have to use the Mac sub mod based on data venia, think it was made before the eastern diplomatic rebalance and can't be updated cause CA didn't make the new politics system Mac compatible

    Think across 5 campaigns with different factions that are all nearing 100 turns ive seen one satrap revolt
    Thats sad. Then you have to fight with Seleucid without rebelling puppets. Capture nearest nomads or whatever there is not Seleucid puppets, probably allied with Taksashila and used opportunity. Also try "join war against ...Seleucid puppet name" if this exploit is not fixed (yes it's game exploit but since you have no Seleucid puppets rebellion...).

  5. #5
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,274

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Quote Originally Posted by AS1606 View Post
    Not a mod conflict, am on Mac so have to use the Mac sub mod based on data venia, think it was made before the eastern diplomatic rebalance and can't be updated cause CA didn't make the new politics system Mac compatible

    Think across 5 campaigns with different factions that are all nearing 100 turns ive seen one satrap revolt
    Not sure if it's still working though.

  6. #6
    thomas_r's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    I'm currently playing a campaign as Baktria at this moment, here are a few tips :

    - Yeah at the beginning expand north towards nomads lands, they hate you so its better to kill them early that way you will not be threatened anymore for you future campaigns. [the land is pretty bad though]

    - Develop your economy the time the seleucid explodes (it happened within the first 25 turn for me If I remember)

    - Be carefull about the parthian, I got an defensive alliance with them but these bas""""ds betrayed me when I was in the middle of a war (watch their ruler trait carefully) [myself I will never trust the parthians anymore !]


    To resume Baktria is a fun faction to play, they have a very diverse roster which I enjoy a lot. You have to be smart and strike once you get an opportuny. You need to take your time with them

  7. #7
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,274

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Moved to DeI Strategy Guides and Gameplay Discussions
    Feel free to continue.

  8. #8
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Quote Originally Posted by AS1606 View Post
    Anyone made progress in a campaign with Baktria in the 1.2 version of the mod that comes with the new map?

    They seem like a really interesting faction but it seems the only way to expand is north into the nomad areas because of the Seleucid block that never seems to break up

    Just say screw this, it's too hot here , pack up your stuff and lead 23,000 Greeks back home. Role-playing is key.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    My campaign is brutally hard. Atropatene and Taksashila went bananas on me when I attacked one of the former Selucid puppets to create a second fully owned province.
    Taksashila had 12 stacks and I had to dance in retreat for 200+ turns between them and Atropatene's stacks. In previous games I managed to avoid conflict with them early on.

  10. #10
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Quote Originally Posted by F@32 View Post
    My campaign is brutally hard. Atropatene and Taksashila went bananas on me when I attacked one of the former Selucid puppets to create a second fully owned province.
    Taksashila had 12 stacks and I had to dance in retreat for 200+ turns between them and Atropatene's stacks. In previous games I managed to avoid conflict with them early on.
    Yeah lol Taksashila... Kill 4 stacks get greeted with 4 more. They just don't stop lol. Ive had to horse archer spam up cuz they declared war early on me

  11. #11
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    Baktria is very diverse though, and one of the best factions in the game. I run them with 1 horse army army(various horse archers, including camels), with general +4 cataphracts for cycle charging. Then standard armies of 4-5 pikes, 2 peltast, 2 assault inf, 2 of those halberd units, 2 spear archers, 2 slingers, 1 elephant, shock cavarly (2), 2 melee Indo Greco cav. And it seems to do fine against middle eastern factions. Horse archers army to open up, if needed will run after ammo is gone.. then main stay army comes in. Variety for baktria is key and it absolutely can deal with everything and be rich dealing with while doing it. I currently have 90k per turn with 8 armies just stomping everyone( with submods{Kam, cult-tensio, etc)
    Last edited by T2av; September 16, 2018 at 03:36 AM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    I am playing with increased Unit / Construction cost and Build Time. That should be applying to AI, but they were kicking my a** all the way to turn 250 or so. Once I took out
    Taksashila, I was able to buff up the economy and pay for additional stack to take on Atropatene.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Baktria tips

    To be honest, I've been using mostly hoplites instead of pikes because of how many eastern factions there are, since I'm concerned about that whole 'fight in the shade' thing with their arrow barrages. How are the rest of you faring with pikes instead?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •