Thread: on the pre-charge missile check question

Default on the pre-charge missile check question

i've participated in a few short discussions here about this clunky issue inherent in m2tw, where javelin-equipped melee infantry often have their charges muted by the game checking their missile quantity. has anyone tried a campaign with simply removing the missiles from most melee infantry, e.g. batoroi, gaisatoi, hastati, these types of units, that are said to historically let loose a volley or two of pila/spears before engaging in melee?

i may try, the issue is enormously frustrating for me, especially being i typically play barbarian factions with high charge value units.

further, can i edit the unit file to remove missiles from aforementioned units while maintaining my current campaign?

and while you're here, quintus if you're reading this, could you let me know how to fix the celtic twilight reform, i'm assuming i can't do that mid-campaign, but if i start another campaign before that's fixed in the next release, i'd like to get that working.

thanks so much!

Default Re: on the pre-charge missile check question

You can also alt-click when issuing an attack order and this will force the unit to use its secondary (i.e. melee) weapon.

I'm not sure if the AI does this but based on my experiences fighting Romans I believe it might.

You can't change this without editing every single affected model, and switching their primaryactive and secondaryactive weapons around. Then you'd have to change their stats in the EDU. Definitely not savegame compatible, and not a trivial matter either.

I don't remember what the problem was with the Celtic Twilight reform in 2.3, but the SVN log says it was this. You need to remove this line:

Code:
    set_counter aedui_city 0
    There's a version of it for Arverni and Boii as well.

excellent, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    (...)

I'm not sure if the AI does this but based on my experiences fighting Romans I believe it might.

It does, at least in "custom battle" , I tried 1 unit vs 1 unit and it does in several conditions that are still obscures to me.

1v1 is a poor test in Custom Battles, the presence of the general in the unit skews morale.