Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

how would i contribute? i have no knowledge of any graphical stuff. i am a selfproclaimed musician and historian. thats i could help you with. research and sound mixing/recording

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

When will Imeprial Splendour 3 Realease

First late campaign, then early, then mid. I mean we could present you a shallow unfinished mod in a couple of months but that is not what we are aiming for. The next update is somewhere in April, and will feature Russia, Sweden and Denmark. If you have any interest in helping speed things up, be my guest.
    Last edited by PikeStance; January 22, 2019 at 05:56 AM.

I think about starting to play this mod, as it looks great and very promising. Does this mod adds more character traits? This mod also adds new technologies to research, right? But there are no ''new'' provinces or factions (like in Imperial Destroyer - about which I have really mixed opinion). Does Imperial Splendour also changes the way diplomacy works? (like more loyal allies, less long wars?)

hello guys, some news? how it looks. 3.0? you have stuck somehow, or the development continues ?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SagezTW View Post
    I think about starting to play this mod, as it looks great and very promising. Does this mod adds more character traits? This mod also adds new technologies to research, right? But there are no ''new'' provinces or factions (like in Imperial Destroyer - about which I have really mixed opinion). Does Imperial Splendour also changes the way diplomacy works? (like more loyal allies, less long wars?)
    I tried once in adding more traits but I sadly failed. And yes certain factions have their own tech-trees with some unique techs. Provinces aren't added. The diplomacy will be reworked but in our limited timeframe for RotR we won't make wars lasting shorter in order to keep as much historical accuracy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rafael-cz View Post
    hello guys, some news? how it looks. 3.0? you have stuck somehow, or the development continues ?
    We are focusing our work on the late campaign, RotR right now. In progress is announced here.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by OreoMan32 View Post
    When will Imeprial Splendour 3 Realease
    Imperial Splendour III is on an on-going process. There isn't a "day", but rather a series update that will culminate to v.3.

Currently, we are in the early stages of developing IS III. Most of the team is working diligently on the late period, akaRise of the Republic. As you can see from the number of factions still yet to be complete, IS III is not around the corner. That being said, it is our goal to release more regular updates until the late era (Rise of the Republic). Once that is complete we will do the early period (now known as Ancien Regime).

Thank you for your continued support and if you have any further questions, comments, or feedback (positive and negative) please do not hesitate to share.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Imperial Splendour III is on an on-going process. There isn't a "day", but rather a series update that will culminate to v.3.

Currently, we are in the early stages of developing IS III. Most of the team is working diligently on the late period, akaRise of the Republic. As you can see from the number of factions still yet to be complete, IS III is not around the corner. That being said, it is our goal to release more regular updates until the late era (Rise of the Republic). Once that is complete we will do the early period (now known as Ancien Regime).

Thank you for your continued support and if you have any further questions, comments, or feedback (positive and negative) please do not hesitate to share.
    Maybe you could make ISIII on the Fall of the Samurai game, rather than ETW. It has more modding capabilities (like a custom made campaign map). And it looks nicer and more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Maybe you could make ISIII on the Fall of the Samurai game, rather than ETW. It has more modding capabilities (like a custom made campaign map). And it looks nicer and more balanced.
    Our goal is to make ETW a wonderful experience to play. While others run from the challenges of modding ETW, we overcome them.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Glad to hear it, I've enjoyed IS since 2009 and looking forward to version 3, whenever it's ready.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

Is the music located in an isolated pack, or is it compiled with other IS sounds?

Not to dig on the original authors, the period music is beautiful, I'm sure, but it's very upbeat and just not my cup of tea.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by waswar View Post
    Is the music located in an isolated pack, or is it compiled with other IS sounds?

Not to dig on the original authors, the period music is beautiful, I'm sure, but it's very upbeat and just not my cup of tea.
    No problem, it's in the IS Sounds file. Open it with the Pack File Manager and delete the "Music" string and period music shall not be played again.

Citizen

Some impression from a naval battle between Denmark and Sweden using myfate's great textures!
    Battle screenshots

Is there any plan to include more provinces? (like Imperial Destroyer). If not, how come?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    Is there any plan to include more provinces? (like Imperial Destroyer). If not, how come?
    No, currently not. The main problem is that we know in theory broadly what has been done but not in detail. And due to the architecture of ETW we need to know about every detail because missing one number can lead the CtD's. And taking over Imperial Destroyers files doesn't work with RotR because RotR focuses on the late campaign.

Well this is going to make choosing mods hard.

I'm very much liking the rich and lavish UI work on display in this mod. The reds and blues along with the gilding around portraits really signify the late 18th century in its opulence right before the people had enough and rose up!

How would this mod compare against say, Empire Realism in the battles department? The reason I'm asking is because I use my own custom battle and morale system that's very much influenced by ER's Cohesion mechanic. Particularly with you tweaking the stamina cost for units firing leads the player having less of an advantage when firing from a static position - in the vanilla game, the AI was easy to defeat because you didn't lose anything by firing early and often. Just lining up you line infantry and setting them to fire at will was the one tactic that never failed.

So by implementing accuracy and morale debuffs for prolonged firing means the AI that fires later than the player has a chance at success. If your troops lose cohesion, then they can be more easily routed in a charge or counterattack at closer ranges. At least that's the theory.

Keep up the great work!
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

I do not know if this is the right place to say thank you, but frankly congratulations guys. What you do is great!

Continue like that it's perfect!: thumbsup2

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    I'm very much liking the rich and lavish UI work on display in this mod. The reds and blues along with the gilding around portraits really signify the late 18th century in its opulence right before the people had enough and rose up!

How would this mod compare against say, Empire Realism in the battles department? The reason I'm asking is because I use my own custom battle and morale system that's very much influenced by ER's Cohesion mechanic. Particularly with you tweaking the stamina cost for units firing leads the player having less of an advantage when firing from a static position - in the vanilla game, the AI was easy to defeat because you didn't lose anything by firing early and often. Just lining up you line infantry and setting them to fire at will was the one tactic that never failed.

So by implementing accuracy and morale debuffs for prolonged firing means the AI that fires later than the player has a chance at success. If your troops lose cohesion, then they can be more easily routed in a charge or counterattack at closer ranges. At least that's the theory.

Keep up the great work!
    JaM and I are both influenced by the work of Kaunitz. His Project summarizes his research and approach to battle mechanics. You can check it out here. Later he attempted to port it to NTW here. Unfortunately, his project never came to fruition. Reading his stuff is like "chicken soup" when I get stuck modding.

It is funny you mention you using Cohesion (a Kaunitz revelation). I use it to affect firing accuracy and I actually receive complaints from it. If you shoot at a range in my mod, you will find yourself lacking "cohesion" and accuracy.

Anyway, JaM and I had many discussions, so many of the same attributes exist. Whenever we get stuck, a PM to each other is sure to follow. LOL

I think of all the mods being developed on TW this is the one I'm most excited to see have another release. Just such an excellent mod for one of the most promising TW experiences.