Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Amazing units ! Are you guys going to implement those swedish and russian units in the new patch or release? Can't wait to try them out in the new campaign!

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillreaver View Post
    Amazing units ! Are you guys going to implement those swedish and russian units in the new patch or release? Can't wait to try them out in the new campaign!
    Yes they will be recruitable in the campaign.

And another new unit:
    Savolax jägarregemente kompani

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Citizen

Swedish late Husars

Hello

First I'd like to say that this mod looks very nice, I only just discovered it and I will give it a shot shortly. Some questions, though: are there any new units for the Dutch Republic? As you can guess I am Dutch, so I am just wondering. I did not see any Dutch units while going through screenshots on MODDB. Also, about the French in this mod, do you get the 'Republican' units if you change to a republic during your campaign, or will you have to start a different campaign to get acces to Republican units, given that I have seen both Monarchist and Republican units.

Good luck with further development and I am sorry if I asked questions for which the answers can easily be found, but I am not used to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Hello

First I'd like to say that this mod looks very nice, I only just discovered it and I will give it a shot shortly. Some questions, though: are there any new units for the Dutch Republic? As you can guess I am Dutch, so I am just wondering. I did not see any Dutch units while going through screenshots on MODDB. Also, about the French in this mod, do you get the 'Republican' units if you change to a republic during your campaign, or will you have to start a different campaign to get acces to Republican units, given that I have seen both Monarchist and Republican units.

Good luck with further development and I am sorry if I asked questions for which the answers can easily be found, but I am not used to this forum.
    You can with no problem switch from monarchy to republic during the campaign when playing as France; the royalist units will automatically be replaced with the republican ones. We are currently working on the late campaign mod "IS: Rise of the republic" and only a minority of factions are done, the rest are a work in progress, including the Dutch republic (which will be changed to a constitutional monarchy). The developers team is small and is doing their best. You can check out our threads and see which factions are completed and which aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro_Hunger999 View Post
    You can with no problem switch from monarchy to republic during the campaign when playing as France; the royalist units will automatically be replaced with the republican ones. We are currently working on the late campaign mod "IS: Rise of the republic" and only a minority of factions are done, the rest are a work in progress, including the Dutch republic (which will be changed to a constitutional monarchy). The developers team is small and is doing their best. You can check out our threads and see which factions are completed and which aren't.
    Alright, cheers for the fast responce and good luck with further development (if you're a developer)

One more question, if I install Rise of the Republic, do I need both the hotfix and the 1.1 patch, or is the data from the hotfix included in the patch?

Citizen

One more question, if I install Rise of the Republic, do I need both the hotfix and the 1.1 patch, or is the data from the hotfix included in the patch?
    You just need the Patch 1.

Any news on IS 3.0 yet?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by aleheroix View Post
    Any news on IS 3.0 yet?
    Every news concerning new late era units are news on IS 3.0 because RotR will be the late era of 3.0. But apart from that there are no news.

Citizen

Sorry for the missing news the past weeks, we all have been busy.

But I can now present you the next Swedish cavalry unit, the Jämtlands hästjägarkompani. It's a light cavalry unit which can fight mounted with its sabers and dismounted with its carabines.

Jämtlands hästjägarkompani mounted

Jämtlands hästjägarkompani fighting dismouted

I am playing Imperial Splendour (latest version, not 3.0 tho) and while I find the overal gameplay enjoyable there are some pretty bad issues that I felt like you guys should know of (hopefully some are fixed in 3.0 but still)

1. Sieges appear to be broken. Sometimes I get a fortress, sometimes I don't, whether I have a fort built on the map or not seems irrelevant
    2. When I do have a fort, the walls break after getting hit by a single artillery round, a bit odd and I lost lots of soldiers by having them on the walls and the walls exploding right away.
    3. During one of my sieges my doors just exploded on all sides, without even getting hit?!?
    4. Some Mughal units appear to be 'broken'. The Afghan Riflemen https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...1509ED9B7C35A/ and Camel riders were able to shoot at my men from extremely far, as you can see in the screenshot.
    5. One issue I have in my British campaign (130+ turns roughly) is that when I end my turn, Poland takes forever to process the turn changes. Most factions don't take very long, but Poland actually took 4 minutes and 45 seconds (I timed it). This means that ending my turn makes me lose over 5 minutes. Due to buildings etc. being quite expensive and the building up you have to do, I feel like I am not able to do much in a turn, so I have to wait too long to do too little. This is also one of my main issues with the mod, although I am aware that you guys might not be directly responsible.

To add to point 5, Poland did conquer many regions and they are #1 on the prestige list. This probably explains the issue to an extend, but it is very annoying nevertheless.

I hope you guys have fixed or will fix some of these issues for 3.0. Like I said, I do enjoy the mod overall and the custom units are nice. I also like the new tech tree.

Citizen

I am playing Imperial Splendour (latest version, not 3.0 tho) and while I find the overal gameplay enjoyable there are some pretty bad issues that I felt like you guys should know of (hopefully some are fixed in 3.0 but still)

1. Sieges appear to be broken. Sometimes I get a fortress, sometimes I don't, whether I have a fort built on the map or not seems irrelevant
    2. When I do have a fort, the walls break after getting hit by a single artillery round, a bit odd and I lost lots of soldiers by having them on the walls and the walls exploding right away.
    3. During one of my sieges my doors just exploded on all sides, without even getting hit?!?
    4. Some Mughal units appear to be 'broken'. The Afghan Riflemen https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...1509ED9B7C35A/ and Camel riders were able to shoot at my men from extremely far, as you can see in the screenshot.
    5. One issue I have in my British campaign (130+ turns roughly) is that when I end my turn, Poland takes forever to process the turn changes. Most factions don't take very long, but Poland actually took 4 minutes and 45 seconds (I timed it). This means that ending my turn makes me lose over 5 minutes. Due to buildings etc. being quite expensive and the building up you have to do, I feel like I am not able to do much in a turn, so I have to wait too long to do too little. This is also one of my main issues with the mod, although I am aware that you guys might not be directly responsible.

To add to point 5, Poland did conquer many regions and they are #1 on the prestige list. This probably explains the issue to an extend, but it is very annoying nevertheless.

I hope you guys have fixed or will fix some of these issues for 3.0. Like I said, I do enjoy the mod overall and the custom units are nice. I also like the new tech tree.
    So you are playing 2.2.1b?
    Point 1 and to 2, remove the no forts .pack. I hope this will solve the problem.
    Point 3, I think this is related to an enemy rake inside your fort.
    Point 4, yes this is possible, I'll look into this.
    Point 5 this is a vanilla problem because Poland recruits too many units. This will be fixed with the new recruitment system.

Citizen

Finally this is the last Swedish late cavalry unit! This unit helped Gustav III during his coup d'état in 1772.

The Lätta dragonkåren

Extremely impressive Swedish units! You really did some solid research there. The late Gustavian era is often underrated, but it's very cool to see it presented well.

BTW, how much does IS make use of scripting in general? Any plans of getting permission from VadAntS to use his excellent VDM mod?
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    Extremely impressive Swedish units! You really did some solid research there. The late Gustavian era is often underrated, but it's very cool to see it presented well.

BTW, how much does IS make use of scripting in general? Any plans of getting permission from VadAntS to use his excellent VDM mod?
    Thanks

And no, apart from historical characters not. I'm no expert in scripting and neither is one in the current team. In addition I don't have the slightest idea how VDM works but we may ask for permission and try to implement it.
    I would certainly love to see it coming into IS.

I must ask how balanced is the mod at the moment. The stats are quite different between the nations right now. Will this be adjusted or are the precent differences more or less like they will be in the final version?
    Last edited by Anakonda; August 20, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I must ask how balanced is the mod at the moment. The stats are quite different between the nations right now. Will this be adjusted or are the precent differences more or less like they will be in the final version?
    The stats will be reworked and balanced. It's simply not yet done, sorry.

I've only played the ancien regime version of the mod until now and thought that was great but I just installed and started playing Rise of the Republic and I just have to say great work! So far its really excellent and seems very well put together

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I've only played the ancien regime version of the mod until now and thought that was great but I just installed and started playing Rise of the Republic and I just have to say great work! So far its really excellent and seems very well put together
    Thank you