Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Another update on the new Hanoverian UI. Have a look!

Hanoverian WIP UI

Furthermore here is the new Swedish Gustavian era artillery:

Swedish Artillery

Take a look at our new Facebook and Twitter page.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

You seemed to have toned down the UI for Hanover. Very nice. I always thought it was too busy.

Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?
    I have zero interest in adding VDM into this mod. Diseases were not as common as you may think. When it comes to scripting, I like the idea of attrition and even attrition for naval units as well. I also would like to do scripting for the slave trade as well. It is on the list of things to do/learn. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    I have zero interest in adding VDM into this mod. Diseases were not as common as you may think. When it comes to scripting, I like the idea of attrition and even attrition for naval units as well. I also would like to do scripting for the slave trade as well. It is on the list of things to do/learn. LOL
    I actually agree with you in regards to diseases, I was more interested in EU like features such as manpower and stability

I should had mentioned manpower as well. APE:Ti Already uses a system similar to what would like to try here. We do have a mechanism in place here but it restricts special units not militia etc. the problem with API:TI is that it doesn’t distinguish between local recruitments from mercenaries. Another thing is supplies. The ability to make war is not just manpower and money but supplies. By the time v3 we will either have something or not depending on whether or not it will work correctly.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    You seemed to have toned down the UI for Hanover. Very nice. I always thought it was too busy.
    I'm switching from Baroque to Neoclassical style so it's naturally that everything is toned down a bit.

Anyway, I've finished it:

Hanoverian UI Preview

If you want to, follow us there and share our pages.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; May 19, 2018 at 07:32 AM.

Citizen

Take a look at the new Hanoverian naval officers. In addition I added details on how I created them and the research about the uniforms:

Hanoverian Naval Officers

From left to right:
    1. Capitaine
    2. Admiral
    3. Lieutenant

In-game screenshots
    Admiral and Lieutenant:

Capitaine:

But you will now say, Hanoverian Naval Officers? Did they ever had a Navy?

Well, not exactly. The Hanoverian Government had some ships, used for customs service (the so-called 'Elbzollfregatte'). Here is one of the ships from the mid 18th century with a captain (Capitaine):

Elbzollfregatte and Capitaine

From this picture I took the base uniform colours: blue and white with gold facings. For the other uniform details I used the late 18th century infantry officers and generals uniform:

Hanoverian Officers

On the left is a pic of a Hanoverian General and on the right one of an Infantry Officer. As you can see all Hanoverian officers wore two epaulets. So every naval officer has two of them. What is not displayed is that the general had lace around the lapels and cuffs. (take a look at this picture from the Hanoverian cavalry general von Freytag):

von Freytag

So I gave the Admiral the uniform details from the Hanoverian generals as the rank would have been the same. The only exception second row of lace on the cuffs comes from the British Royal Naval uniform pattern, take a look at this link.

For the Lieutenant I used the pattern of the Hanoverian officers whereas for the Capitaine I added lace around the buttonholes (as in the mid 18th century uniform above) and a row of lace on the cuffs (the idea came from the Royal Navy uniform again).

Citizen

And the Swedish (Gustavian Uniform) infantry is done too, Officers and Drummers are now included!

Guards

King's mother guards

King's own regiment

Line infantry

Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; May 22, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

Citizen

A funny picture from a test-sea battle:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This broadside definitely brought the battle to a rather abrupt end.

Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; May 23, 2018 at 03:27 PM.

Citizen

Here are the Swedish Naval Officers. Those are the penultimate Gustavian units we need to do. The last unit is the generals unit with the general itself and the staff officers.

Swedish naval officers

Citizen

Actually, some more units with Gustavian uniforms apart from the General (do better research before...) were missing, anyway so I can present you more!

Garnisonsregemente

Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; May 25, 2018 at 04:11 PM.

Citizen

Sweden will have a great variety of Rifle units. Here you can see two of them which will share the same uniform.

Värmlands Fältjägarkår and Karelska Jägarkåren

The Värmlands Fältjägarkår ('Värmland field hunters [rifle] corps') can only be recruited in Sweden whereas Karelska jägarkåren ('Karelia hunters [rifle] corps'). Both units were recruited for the Russo-Swedish War of 1788–90. They were equipped with rifles and therefore have only 40 men in each unit. On the other hand they have a much better accuracy and firing range. I took my informations from this site.

In addition a pic from the Swedish foot guards:

Foot guards firing

And:

Bavarian battle flag

Please note that the model will be changed when we rework Bavaria.

This is still my favorite mod for Empire, planning on re downloading and finally completing the whole thing as the British once and for all

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    This is still my favorite mod for Empire, planning on re downloading and finally completing the whole thing as the British once and for all
    Thank you But I must disappoint you, we'll may some more British units^^

In addition the last plain Gustavian style unit is done, the promised general with his staff. Take a look:

General and Staff

Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; May 29, 2018 at 04:02 PM.

Very nice

The only thing I think this is missing are units for the middle period of the 18th century like those seen in the 7 years war. It has the best early units to recreate the war of spanish succession and late units for the american revolution but there is a lack of units that fit the uniforms of that middle ground. To solve this I incorporate a british unit mod for Darth mod that has very good looking uniforms for this period but they really arent on the same level as this mod.

Other than that I am really looking forward to seeing all the new stuff you guys add to this since it is always of such quality

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Very nice

The only thing I think this is missing are units for the middle period of the 18th century like those seen in the 7 years war. It has the best early units to recreate the war of spanish succession and late units for the american revolution but there is a lack of units that fit the uniforms of that middle ground. To solve this I incorporate a british unit mod for Darth mod that has very good looking uniforms for this period but they really arent on the same level as this mod.

Other than that I am really looking forward to seeing all the new stuff you guys add to this since it is always of such quality
    v3.0 will have three time period (Early, Middle, and Late).
    We completed most of the early units for the French and British faction. The previous team decided to work on the late units. As a result, we started working on the late units. This is the Rise of the Republic mod. We opted to continue with the late units until all factions are completed. We will then return to the Early units culminating in the middle units. We still have a long way to go.

Most other overhauls mods are not up to our standards for models and textures sadly. We do have access to other mods, but most mods are not based on our system, so it doesn't exactly fit within our approach.

We thank you for your kind words and feedback. We hope you will enjoy our mods and appreciate all comments.

The Development Team

Oh ok I see now, well I am going to start playing this again so I will leave any feedback I have on here

Keep up the great work on this!

Citizen

Default Re: NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Some WIP for the latest Swedish unit model:

Kymmenegårds battalion

The uniform will be the base for Savolax jägarregemente, Jämtlands hästjägarkompani and the Lätta dragonkåren.

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Hi,

Here is a little picture representing some of the russian unit types, which will be available for recruiting in the grand campaign. Totally, we created 20 new models for more than 30 new units.

Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Finished Swedish Light Infantery
    The unit uses the uniform of the Kymmenegårds battalion.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; June 05, 2018 at 03:59 AM.