Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    OMG Guys!!!!!

I played your mod years ago inthe first version and had so many fun with the diplomacy and the helping allies etc.After all the frustration about ALL Games after Empire i downloaded the game again today and just chacked my favorit Mod ... OMG i am so amazed of your work, and now i wonder if i play your actual version or better wait for your newest Update
    Sadly trying to play a campaign can be very frustrating because there is a bug in there. But the custom battles are fine and when you start a campaign you can see what it shall look like in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    You guys are doing a great job with the mod
    Thank you very much guys!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

Hi everyone, thanks for developing this amazing mod btw

I have a little question, not sure if it's a bug or something that escapes me.

I'm playing as France, I have made a revolution and thus turned into a republic early in the game.
    And I don't know how to research the "Steel ramrod" tech. Here's the screen, and as you can see it's somehow still unavailable :

That's a problem, I have quite a late army but my soldiers still don't have dem sweet bayonets and are sometimes a bit anal raped in melee fights (not that it happens a lot, but still !)

Thanks if you can tell me what's wrong

Also (sorry for the double post), I have come to the point where I have so many possible units to recruit that I can't see them all ( ), as in the following screen where you can see that, for instance, no artillery is available (which is not true) :

Thank you

Citizen

Thanks for the report. I can see you're playing 2.2.1b. All your problems will be fixed when we will integrate RotR in 2.2.1b because France will have a new techtree and won't have any vanilla units left. Sorry for your problems.

Thanks for the quick reply will my saved be compatible with the incoming version ?

Citizen

No sadly not.

Hey all, lovely mod, thanks for all the hard work. I just finished my first campaign playing Russia. (2.2.1b). But after playing for a while I have some questions, and am wondering if everything has installed properly.

The Russian tech tree has the "secret artillery" techs. But, in my game at least, those techs don't do anything? Researching them did not give me any new units to recruit, and I can't find any unique artillery in the building browser for Russia. However I'm not that familiar with the mod, or even Empire TW as a whole, so I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong? I could only recruit cannons, howitzers, and fixed mortars, the largest being a 24lbs. fixed cannon. Looking through other nations rosters in custom battles, none of that seems unique to Russia.

And unfortunately I don't know enough about vanilla empire to recognize what, if any, units are different from vanilla.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post
    Hey all, lovely mod, thanks for all the hard work. I just finished my first campaign playing Russia. (2.2.1b). But after playing for a while I have some questions, and am wondering if everything has installed properly.

The Russian tech tree has the "secret artillery" techs. But, in my game at least, those techs don't do anything? Researching them did not give me any new units to recruit, and I can't find any unique artillery in the building browser for Russia. However I'm not that familiar with the mod, or even Empire TW as a whole, so I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong? I could only recruit cannons, howitzers, and fixed mortars, the largest being a 24lbs. fixed cannon. Looking through other nations rosters in custom battles, none of that seems unique to Russia.

And unfortunately I don't know enough about vanilla empire to recognize what, if any, units are different from vanilla.
    Welcome to TWC
    This is something we already knew and Russia will get a new tech-tree and units (check our developers thread, there you can already see some) so things so this will be fixed.

Citizen

Some holiday news about Swedish officers:

Swedish foot guards officer

So... just a friendly suggestion... I strongly suggest creating a sticky thread that lays out all the changes 2.2.1 makes to vanilla.

For a newcomer like myself, I come on this forum looking to see what this mod even does, and all I see in the sticky threads is something vague about uniforms and dividing the campaign into three stages. Most of the rest of the discussions and information pertain to version 3.0 which isn't out yet or RotR which is something different.

So... people who don't already know what the mod does are left totally clueless.

Citizen

Default Re: Rise of the Republic v 1.1 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by waldery freyou View Post
    Quintus Hortensius when will you release the next patch?
    When it's done. The next one will be a bigger update again so it might take some time but not as long as the last.

Is the idea that the next update shall contain more new content or is the focus on hammering out as many bugs as possible? Regardless the answer i hope i'm not rude to ask as the mod is great already!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aelius28 View Post
    So... just a friendly suggestion... I strongly suggest creating a sticky thread that lays out all the changes 2.2.1 makes to vanilla.

For a newcomer like myself, I come on this forum looking to see what this mod even does, and all I see in the sticky threads is something vague about uniforms and dividing the campaign into three stages. Most of the rest of the discussions and information pertain to version 3.0 which isn't out yet or RotR which is something different.

So... people who don't already know what the mod does are left totally clueless.
    We'll try but I can't promise you anything because we are working since years on RotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Is the idea that the next update shall contain more new content or is the focus on hammering out as many bugs as possible? Regardless the answer i hope i'm not rude to ask as the mod is great already!
    Thank you And it will be both, bug fixing and new content!

I'm new here: will this next release be only for RotR or also/only for standard IS?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    I'm new here: will this next release be only for RotR or also/only for standard IS?
    Only for RotR because adopting features like the historical persons to standart IS will be very difficult. Furthermore we would just expand the late era.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Only for RotR because adopting features like the historical persons to standart IS will be very difficult. Furthermore we would just expand the late era.
    What is the plan for the standard IS anyways? Finish RoTR first then add the late era units to standard IS and complete the Early and Mid stuff for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    What is the plan for the standard IS anyways? Finish RoTR first then add the late era units to standard IS and complete the Early and Mid stuff for that one?
    Yes. Finish rotr first, then move from rotr to early and from early to mid era. Later it will all be integrated in Imperial Splendour III.

Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?
    It would be pretty cool to inclued VDM but we don't have the knowledge required in order to do so because VDM is maybe the most complex mod for ETW, sorry.

Citizen

This is something I was planning for a long time now. This is a WIP picture of a new UI for Hannover following the Classicist style rather than using Baroque elements. I hope you like it.

Hanoverian WIP UI

Take a look at our new Facebook and Twitter page.