Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

I have a suggestion, would it be possible in the future to be able to recruit some units from other countries in the areas they are captured?
    For example I take France and I capture Hanover, so in the Hanover area I can recruit the Hanover line infantry.
    I think that could give more dynamics to the game, while being faithful to the historical reality.

Default Re: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Hello, where can i download the last version of imperial splendour and rise of the republic? i tried in news and download section but i can't download

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by matotope89 View Post
    I have a suggestion, would it be possible in the future to be able to recruit some units from other countries in the areas they are captured?
    For example I take France and I capture Hanover, so in the Hanover area I can recruit the Hanover line infantry.
    I think that could give more dynamics to the game, while being faithful to the historical reality.
    Yes, it is planned to add a full regional recruitment system. It's just not yet done.

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    Hello, where can i download the last version of imperial splendour and rise of the republic? i tried in news and download section but i can't download
    HEre is the link. You can choose between different mirrors. You find the link in the latest news post and download post too.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

are imperial splendour and rise of the republic two different mods? or rotr a submod? or it's just one mod? because here you gave me the link of rotr (sorry i'm a bit confused lol)
    Last edited by elinath; March 16, 2019 at 05:07 PM.

Civis

download rise of the republic.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    are imperial splendour and rise of the republic two different mods? or rotr a submod? or it's just one mod? because here you gave me the link of rotr (sorry i'm a bit confused lol)
    RotR is the stand-alone late campaign for Imperial Splendour. Our current development focus is RotR which has much more reworked factions, new tech trees etc.
    If you rather want to play Imperial Splendour, take a look at this post.

So I cannot play with Austria in RotR?

You can currently play as France (royalist and republican), Britain, Prussia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Saxony, Hanover, and the United States. The rest are not reworked.
    However we will provide an All-Factions-unlocked submod for RotR 1.2.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; March 18, 2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Corrected infos.

Civis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntST...ature=youtu.be

Developing.

"The Prussian muskets were of average quality. "The standard firearms of the infantry, excepring the vast quantities of foreign material used, were the old .60 Nothardt musket, re-bored to the standard European calibre of .72 and the so-called New Prussian Musket. This latter weapon was issued from 1809 ..." (Nash - "The Prussian Army 1808-15" p 16)
    The above mentioned musket of 1809 was 143.5 cm long (barrel length 104,6 cm). The stock was black for fusiliers and brown for musketiers. The fittings were brass and the sling was red. The calibre was 17.9 mm.

Other Prussian muskets were:

- infantry muslet M 1780/87 with overall length 146.5 cm
    (barrel length 105.3 cm) and calibre 18,6 mm.
    - fusilier musket M 1787 with overall length 133 cm
    (barrel length 93 cm) and calibre 18,6 mm.
    - rifled musket M 1787 with overall length 121 cm
    (barrel length 82.3 cm) and calibre 18,6 mm.

So I am playing as Prussia, and France declared war on me. It didn't take me long to notice that France has an absurd number of full stack fleets, I am sure its at least 7, and they are not low level ships either, they range from medium to really heavy.

But I am not sure about their economics, cause most of them seem beat up, and their armies have been pitiful thus far(I took Texas as Prussia before they attacked me, so that is where we are slugging it out).I haven't even seen half a stack.

So how did they build so much fleets only to end up in huge debt?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So I am playing as Prussia, and France declared war on me. It didn't take me long to notice that France has an absurd number of full stack fleets, I am sure its at least 7, and they are not low level ships either, they range from medium to really heavy.

But I am not sure about their economics, cause most of them seem beat up, and their armies have been pitiful thus far(I took Texas as Prussia before they attacked me, so that is where we are slugging it out).I haven't even seen half a stack.

Honestly I have no idea. Do they have a substantial army in France itself? Because at the starting point France has one of the largest armies in the game.
    Btw on which difficulty level are you playing because the higher it is, the more money the AI gets.
    In addition this seems to be a problem with the AI priorities.

Citizen

The Danish line infantry officer is ready to command and Norwegians are now blond:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post

Once I have finish with the battle mechanic, I will work on the campaign stuff. In vanilla the French should not building that many ships unless someone messed with the variables and didn't know what they are doing.

The higher the level you play the modifiers they get that help them while you receive negative modifiers.

Hello IS team! I've been following your mod for years now and I'm glad to see you are always pouring so much time and care into IS! I have a few questions about the mod in general;
    - Now that Sweden, Russia and Denmark have been (mostly) updated, which factions are you going to work on now?
    - Do you plan on changing the victory conditions for any campaign?
    - Do you plan on changing the musketry and the dynamics of combat to be more historically accurate (like in Empire Realism)?
    Thank you for the awesome mod and can't wait to see the whole thing! (I'm a broke student that has no skill in moddeling or textures but if you ever need a translator in French/German/English in love with military History )

I haven't downloaded Rise of the Republic because I still enjoy playing 2.2.1b. I love he early 1700's and I'm looking forward to your treatment of the Great Northern War.

@Quintus Hortensius Hortalus
    @PikeStance

My game was N/N, France had at least one full stack in France itself.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Your modding work on Russia looks amazing! I like the idea of needing to prepare for the death of Empress Catherine II, because of the loss of the traits which represent her experience and expertise as a ruler. The historical diplomats, the field marshal, the unit cards and ships look amazing!

You mention the importance of heavy frigates in the Russian navy, I'm wondering if there are specific ships or classes of frigates which these are based on. I'm also wondering how Russian and American heavy frigates compare with each other.

Thank you. Moreover, we are planning to introduce some religion gameplay via building chains and effects to Russia, with possibility to choose one of the three ways or to combine them.

Russia will get 50-guns (actually 48) and 46-guns heavy frigtes in limited amount with armament of 24 and 18 pdrs for 50-guns, 36 and 12 pdrs for 46-guns frigate correspondingly. During early years of Black Sea fleet they were classified and used as line of battle ships due to lack of 66-guns ships in this theater. The closest classes may be 'Apostol Andrey' and 'Pyotr Apostol' (as you may know it is not really possible to modify ships models, guns, etc.). The english books known to me is 'Russian Warships in the Age of Sail 1696-1860 Design, Construction, Careers and Fates' by J. Tredrea (largy based on Veselago and Chernyshev, with some adaptation of classification to the western system).

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks, it's good that the new ships are similar to historical classes. I can see how heavy frigates would be useful when there was a lack of ships of the line. I like the idea of commanding a frigate which can out-run anything larger and out-gun anything smaller!

Yes, I know that we can't modify the number of guns on a ship. At least, I don't know how, except to remove an entire gun-deck (which causes lower morale at the start of a battle because the crew know that their ship should have more cannon). We can only make changes such as replacing cannon with guns of a different size and modifying statistics like acceleration, speed and hull strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Thanks, it's good that the new ships are similar to historical classes. I can see how heavy frigates would be useful when there was a lack of ships of the line. I like the idea of commanding a frigate which can out-run anything larger and out-gun anything smaller!

Yes, I know that we can't modify the number of guns on a ship. At least, I don't know how, except to remove an entire gun-deck (which causes lower morale at the start of a battle because the crew know that their ship should have more cannon). We can only make changes such as replacing cannon with guns of a different size and modifying statistics like acceleration, speed and hull strength.
    The development of Naval uniqueness is under the gifted modder, myfate.