Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Default DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Hello Fans,

We decided to retire the last developer's Diary and open a Development Discussion Thread to share our accomplishments and for you to offer commentary in both suggestions and questions.
    Please review the goals and objective of the mod.
    Our goal is to create a historically based mod within the limits of the game engine. Please refrain from asking us to create unhistorical scenarios and units.

Thank you for your continued support and incredible patience.

The Development Team

Links

Archived Developer's Diary
    Information and Download Thread
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 31, 2018 at 03:29 AM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: RISE OF THE REPUBLIC v1.1 [Discussion, Ideas, etc.] read OP first!

From my test campaign:
    The AI actually builds the new buildings:
    Herrenhausen Palace and Modern University as Hannover
    and Westminster Palace and the Tower of London

More you can see here

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Quote Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
    Will you upgrade/update Ottoman roster in both AR and ROTR if the time comes? Seeing as other faction's rosters will be upgraded as well
    Yes we will but our priority is europe first.

Furthermore an new elite unit will be in the next update:
    Can you guess which unit this is?

Citizen

Default Re: Rise of the Republic v 1.1 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Cro_Hunger999 View Post
    Great work Quintus! It is amazing to see Napoleon in the game. And don't forget to correct the titles of rulers (Joseph II (King to Kaiser), Friedrich August III (König to Kurfürst), etc.) and Catherine the Great's name, more precisely her number (I to II), in the next patch.
    Done
    Here you can see the Kaiser

hey Quintus! very great mod! is it possible to make the cai and bai more aggressive?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by morada454 View Post
    hey Quintus! very great mod! is it possible to make the cai and bai more aggressive?
    Yes, this is possible but PikeStance is doing the Ai so you better ask him for the future development of the AI.

Oh, and during a test campaign Hannover got resurrected and see who is the Elector (Churfürst):

the new Churfürst

Quintus i loved your mod with the CTD and stuff so i would play like for hours with the updated version and i really like the changes.! That Black Watch rules..! Now i need patience until u roll the update.! I wonder the update will be compatible with the old saves at least for England that I plaied and do u have the famous British Major/General James Wolfe one of the heroes and winner at the "French and Indian War" in the battle of Quebec that losted his life.??

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Quintus i loved your mod with the CTD and stuff so i would play like for hours with the updated version and i really like the changes.! That Black Watch rules..! Now i need patience until u roll the update.! I wonder the update will be compatible with the old saves at least for England that I plaied and do u have the famous British Major/General James Wolfe one of the heroes and winner at the "French and Indian War" in the battle of Quebec that losted his life.??
    Thanks
    I don't know if it's save-game compatible, you'll have to try it out.
    And if RotR starts in 1783 James Wolfe is already dead so sadly you can't recruit him.

BillyJohnson367's Avatar Laetus

Man, people still making mods of this game? It's been years, but I welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Thanks
    I don't know if it's save-game compatible, you'll have to try it out.
    And if RotR starts in 1783 James Wolfe is already dead so sadly you can't recruit him.
    Ok pal u sure u are right James Wolfe died at 1759 so my bad u have a point.! But are u gonna make a 1700 starting point or only 1783 and btw how many turns the game has like hundred or something and if u could remind me that one year is like 4 turns or 12 turns.!? I have a fantasy that i have James Wolfe or the cursed
    Edward Braddock
    with Braddock's expedition that he defeated and lost his life too like JW but ok at least Wolfe did win so i send an expediotary force with one of them and make some alliance with some native Americans or Indians (I prefer the first NA is the correct word) and defeat the French in the Colonies and releave the French and Indian War.! Do u have plans to make a campaign only in US/Colonies made for this War and Indepedence or the kinda biger map of the War Path campaign or u have one older mod ready.!??? Thanks in advance. ?? Btw until your great mod to be ready for real deal is there a mod in the Americas that u can send me to play only in the Americas map if u have not.! Again oblige.!??

Citizen

Ok pal u sure u are right James Wolfe died at 1759 so my bad u have a point.! But are u gonna make a 1700 starting point or only 1783 and btw how many turns the game has like hundred or something and if u could remind me that one year is like 4 turns or 12 turns.!? I have a fantasy that i have James Wolfe or the cursed
    Edward Braddock
    with Braddock's expedition that he defeated and lost his life too like JW but ok at least Wolfe did win so i send an expediotary force with one of them and make some alliance with some native Americans or Indians (I prefer the first NA is the correct word) and defeat the French in the Colonies and releave the French and Indian War.! Do u have plans to make a campaign only in US/Colonies made for this War and Indepedence or the kinda biger map of the War Path campaign or u have one older mod ready.!??? Thanks in advance. ?? Btw until your great mod to be ready for real deal is there a mod in the Americas that u can send me to play only in the Americas map if u have not.! Again oblige.!??
    The goal is to create a 1700 campaign too, but this will need many new unit models etc. so it will take a while. We may update the RtI campaign too, but as our starting point is right now 1783 this is not planned for the near future. For great units check out this mod.

And Patch 1 is released, for more detail follow this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    The goal is to create a 1700 campaign too, but this will need many new unit models etc. so it will take a while. We may update the RtI campaign too, but as our starting point is right now 1783 this is not planned for the near future. For great units check out this mod.

And Patch 1 is released, for more detail follow this link.

My friend Quintus thanks for the respond and no worries now i am gonna play the best mod for ETW yours mod... Thanks for the quick release of the patch and ok if u manage to do an 1700 campaign more power to u but for the moment i enjoy the 1783 campaign with the British..! So enjoy a nice week and btw thanks for giving me motive to play ETW again that i have not play for ages.! Now lets give those rebel scum some payback for took the colonies from the crown.! Huzaaaa.

Here is something for you to expect in the future patch.

Diplomatic relations

BLUE - allied factions in the start year 1783.
    GREEN - trade partners that should be added at the beginning of the game in 1783.
    RED - factions at war with in 1783.

SWEDEN
    Allies: France (active from 1773; 1776; in 1784 the alliance was formally improved and Sweden gained the island of St. Barthélemy from France), Ottoman Empire (1788), Russia (1791).
    Trade partners: Britain, France, Portugal are Sweden's primary trading partners; trade with Portugal (also Spain but less) was essential due to salt imports and Sweden was important to Portugal for its iron supplies, necessary for shipbuilding, however, most iron exports, and other, were intended for Britain (67%) and France (12%) whereas Portugal-Spain stood at 8%; other trading partners include the Dutch Republic, Spain, Naples, Ottoman Empire, United States (formally from April 1783), Savoy, Tunis, Genoa, Papal States. Sweden tried to improve trade relations with Russia in 1783 but failed. In the years 1783-1784 Sweden planned an invasion on Denmark and was hostile.
    At war: none because Sweden (and Denmark) concluded peace and trade treaties with Algiers, Tunis and Tripoli which was necessary for scandinavian maritime powers (and Britain); Russia (1788-1790), Denmark (1788-1789).

RUSSIA
    Protectorates: Georgia, Crimean Khanate.
    Allies: Austria (from 1781), Prussia (till 1788; again in 1792), Denmark, Sweden (1791), Poland (1793), Courland (1793), Britain (1794); has military access to Poland.
    Trade partners: Poland, Austria (1782/1785), Prussia, Denmark, Britain, Portugal (salt for iron) should be Russia's starting trading partners; others include the Dutch Republic (since 1781), United States (after 1783), Courland (May 1783), Ottoman Empire (June 1783), Persia (1783), France (1786), Naples (1787), Georgia, Morocco, Dagestan, Venice.
    At war: Ottoman Empire (1787-1792), Sweden (1788-1790); interfering in Crimean civil war as part of annexation.

COURLAND
    Protectorate of: Poland.
    Allies: Russia (1793; Courland was under Russian influence through its ruler Peter von Biron).
    Trade partners: Poland, Prussia, Britain, Denmark, Russia (May 1783), Dutch Republic.
    At war: Tunis, Barbary States.

PRUSSIA
    Allies: Saxony (has military access to Saxony), Hesse-Kassel (has military access to Hesse-Kassel), Denmark, Russia (the alliance lost its importance due to the Russo-Austrian alliance in 1781 but remained active till 1788; again from 1792), Hannover (1785), Britain (1788), Dutch Republic (1788), Ottoman Empire (1790), Poland (1790-1791), Austria (February 1792), Savoy (February 1792); Fürstenbund (1785) was an anti-Habsburg coalition between Prussia (left in 1788), Hannover, Saxony, Hesse-Kassel against emperor Joseph II's expansionist policy.
    Trade partners: Britain, Hannover, Russia, Saxony, Poland, Denmark, Courland, Portugal (after 1783), Ottoman Empire, United States (from 1785), France, Dutch Republic.

POLAND
    Protectorates: Courland.
    Allies: Prussia (1790-1791), Russia (1793).
    Trade partners: Courland, Russia, Prussia, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Spain, Portugal, France, Britain.
    At war: Tunis, Barbary States, Russia (1792).

AUSTRIA
    Protectorates: (Holy Roman Empire, Milan); has military access to Württemberg and Venice.
    Allies: France (till 1792), Russia (from 1781), Spain, Dutch Republic (1785), Prussia (February 1792), Savoy (February 1792).
    Trade partners: France, Russia (1782/1785), Poland, Venice, Savoy, Papal States, Bavaria, Württemberg, Saxony, United States, Mysore, Ottoman Empire, Naples, Britain, Knights of St. John, Morocco (February 1783), Portugal.
    At war: Tunis (until 1784), Barbary States.

DENMARK
    Allies: Russia, Prussia.
    Trade partners: Russia, Hannover, Britain, Prussia, France, Ottoman Empire, Naples, United States (from 1783), Genoa, Arcot, Courland, Dutch Republic, Spain, Portugal.
    At war: Sweden (1788-1789), Barbary States (1796).

FRANCE
    Allies: Spain (until 1792), United States (until 1794; has military access to the US), Sweden (from 1773; from 1776), Austria (1756 - 1792; to prevent war with Savoy), Ottoman Empire, Maratha Empire (from 1782), Dutch Republic (from 1784); they were also friendly towards the Austrians and Russians.
    Trade partners: Spain, United States, Sweden, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Genoa, Savoy, Naples, Knights of St. John, Württemberg, Morocco, Dutch Republic, Denmark, Persia, Papal States, Venice, Mysore (1784/1785), Britain (1786), Russia (1786/7), Tunis, Barbary States, Maratha Empire, Prussia, Arcot.
    At war: /.

SPAIN
    Allies: France, Portugal (since 1778), Austria, Naples (has military access to Naples), Knights of St. John, Cherokee (May 30, 1784), Britain (1793).
    Trade partners: France, Portugal, United States, Dutch Republic, Ottoman Empire (1782), Sweden, Naples, Genoa, Knights of St. John, Savoy, Papal States, Venice, Morocco (since 1780), Denmark.
    At war: Tunis (until 1791), Barbary States (until 1784), Comanche tribes (until 1785).

DUTCH REPUBLIC
    Allies: France (1784), Austria (1785), Britain (1788), Prussia (1788); has military access to Mysore.
    Trade partners: Spain, France, United States (October 1782), Sweden, Ottoman Empire, Russia (since 1781), Persia, Britain (1785), Morocco (1786), Denmark, Naples, Portugal, Arcot, Courland, Prussia. (They should have a port with 5 trade routes possible.)
    At war: / (they started peace negotiations with the British in January 1783 so it is best to make the Dutch Republic at peace with them but still make their public opinion towards the British "Indifferent" due to historical grievances).

UNITED STATES
    Allies: France (until 1794; has military access to France).
    Trade partners: France, Spain, Dutch Republic (October 1782), Austria, Sweden (April 1783), Denmark (from 1783), Russia (after 1783), Portugal (after 1783), Britain (1785), Prussia (1785), Morocco (1786), Naples.
    At war: Tunis, Barbary States, Cherokee (Summer 1784);war against the Western Confederacy 1785-1795.

PORTUGAL
    Allies: Spain (since 1778), Britain.
    Trade partners: Spain, Britain (1783), Sweden, Russia, Savoy, Naples, Genoa, Venice, Papal States, Knights of St. John, United States (after 1783), Prussia (after 1783), Denmark, Austria, Dutch Republic. (Portugal should have a port with 5 trade routes possible.)

BRITAIN
    Protectorates: Hannover, Arcot.
    Allies: Hesse-Kassel, Portugal, Iroquois League (has military access to Iroquois territory), Cherokee Nations, Hyderabad (since 1778; has military access to Hyderabad), Prussia (1788), Dutch Republic (1788), Maratha Empire (1790), Savoy (April 1793), Spain (May 1793), Naples (July 1793), Russia (1794).
    Trade partners: Prussia, Russia, Portugal (1783), Hannover, Courland, Sweden, Denmark, Ottoman Empire, Venice, Tunis, Barbary States, Naples, Pashalik of Baghdad, Morocco, Arcot, Persia, Savoy, United States (1785), Dutch Republic (1785), France (1786).
    At war: Mysore (until March 1784).

HANNOVER
    Protectorate of: Britain.
    Allies: Hesse-Kassel, Prussia and Saxony (Fürstenbund, 1785).
    Trade partners: Denmark, Prussia, Hesse-Kassel, Saxony, Britain.

HESSE-KASSEL
    Allies: Hannover, Britain, Prussia; Fürstenbund (1785).
    Trade partners: Hannover, Württemberg, Saxony, Bavaria.

WÜRTTEMBERG
    Allies: /.
    Trade partners: Austria, Bavaria, Hesse-Kassel, France.

SAXONY
    Allies: Prussia, Hesse-Kassel (1785), Hannover (1785).
    Trade partners: Prussia, Hesse-Kassel, Hannover, Austria, Bavaria.

BAVARIA
    Trade partners: Württemberg, Austria, Saxony, Hesse-Kassel.

NAPLES
    Protectorates: Knights of St. John.
    Allies: Spain; they weren't able to form an alliance with Austria due to their allegiance to Spain; Britain (July 1793).
    Trade partners: France, Genoa, Spain, Sweden, Dutch Republic, Austria (1), Knights of St. John (1), Venice (1), Papal States, Ottoman Empire (1), Savoy, Britain, Denmark, Portugal, Russia (1787), United States. (1) is for factions that should be starting trading partners if Naples has a second port with 4 trade routes possible
    At war: Tunis, Barbary States (until 1785).

GENOA
    Trade partners: France, Spain, Naples, Savoy, Denmark, Papal States, Ottoman Empire, Portugal, Knights of St. John, Sweden.
    At war: Barbary states.

VENICE
    Trade partners: Austria, Papal States, Ottoman Empire, Naples, Spain, Britain, Portugal, Russia. (Venice should have a port with 5 trade routes possible.)
    At war: Morocco (1795); Tunis declared war in 1789 and it lasted till 1792.

PAPAL STATES
    Allies: Knights of St. John (they had to protect the Papal States).
    Trade partners: Venice, Austria, Genoa, Naples, Savoy, Spain, Knights of St. John, France, Portugal.

KNIGHTS OF ST. JOHN
    Protectorate of: Naples.
    Allies: Papal States, Spain; they had to protect Austrian shipping but they never did it and the Austrians protested.
    Trade partners: Spain, France, Naples, Papal States, Genoa, Savoy, Austria, Portugal.

SAVOY
    Allies: Austria (1792), Prussia (1792), Britain (1793).
    Trade partners: France, Austria, Genoa, Papal States, Spain, Portugal, Knights of St. John, Naples, Sweden, Britain, Ottoman Empire.

PERSIA
    Protectorates: Dagestan.
    Trade partners: Ottoman Empire, Pashalik of Baghdad, France, Russia (1783), Dutch Republic, Britain, Maratha Empire, Mysore, Dagestan.

DURRANI EMPIRE
    Allies: Mughal Empire.
    Trade partners: Mughal Empire, Mysore.
    At war: Sikh Misl.

DAGESTAN
    Protectorate of: Persia.
    Trade partners: Persia, Russia.

GEORGIA
    Protectorate of: Russia.
    Trade partners: Russia.

CRIMEAN KHANATE
    Protectorate of: Russia.
    Trade partners: /.
    At war: / (civil war).

OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    Protectorates: Tunis, Barbary States, Pashalik of Baghdad.
    Allies: France, Sweden (1788), Prussia (1790).
    Trade partners: France, Britain, Dutch Republic, Venice, Spain (1782), Morocco, Persia, Naples, Genoa, Tunis, Barbary States, Pashalik of Baghdad, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Poland, Prussia, Mysore, Savoy, Maratha Empire, Russia (June 1783).
    At war: Austria (1788-1791), Russia (1787-1792).

MOROCCO
    Trade partners: Britain, Ottoman Empire, Spain (since 1780), Tunis, Barbary States, France, Austria (February 1783), United States (1786), Dutch Republic (1786), Russia.
    At war: / (Venice (1795)).

ARCOT
    Protectorate of: Britain.
    Allies: Hyderabad.
    Trade partners: Britain, Denmark, Hyderabad, France, Dutch Republic.
    At war: Mysore.

MARATHA EMPIRE
    Protectorates: Mughal Empire.
    Allies:
    France (1782), Hyderabad (1785), Britain (1790).
    Trade partners: Persia, France, Mughal Empire, Ottoman Empire.
    At war: / (war against Mysore, February 1785-April 1787).

MUGHAL EMPIRE
    Protectorate of: Maratha Empire.
    Allies: Durrani Empire.
    Trade partners: Maratha Empire, Durrani Empire.
    At war: Sikh Misl.

MYSORE
    Trade partners: Austria, France (1784/1785), Persia, Durrani Empire, Ottoman Empire.
    At war: Britain and Arcot (until March 1784); war against Maratha Empire and Hyderabad (1785-1787).

HYDERABAD
    Allies: Arcot, Britain, Maratha Empire (1785).
    Trade partners: Arcot, Maratha Empire.
    At war: / (under threat from the Marathas and Mysore; war against Mysore, February 1785-April 1787).

SIKH MISL
    At war: Mughal Empire, Durrani Empire.

TUNIS
    Protectorate of: Ottoman Empire.
    Trade partners: Ottoman Empire, Barbary States, Britain, France, Morocco, Sweden.
    At war: Spain, Naples, Portugal, Knights of St. John, Papal States, Savoy, United States, Prussia, Austria (until 1784), Venice (1789-1792), Courland, Poland.

BARBARY STATES
    Trade partners: Ottoman Empire, Tunis, Morocco, France, Sweden.
    At war: Spain (until 1784), Naples (until 1785), Portugal, Knights of St. John, Papal States, Savoy, Genoa, United States, Prussia, Austria, Courland, Poland, Denmark (1796).

IROQUOIS LEAGUE
    Allies: Britain (has military access to Britain), Cherokee; Western Confederacy formed in autumn 1785 by the Iroquois, Shawnee, Cherokee and other tribes.
    At war: / (war against the US starting in 1785 and ending in 1795).

CHEROKEE
    Allies: Britain, Iroquois League, Spain (May 1784); Western Confederacy (1785).
    At war: / (war against the US starting in the summer of 1784 and ending in 1795).

CHEYENNES TRIBES

COMANCHE TRIBE
    At war: Spain.

PASHALIK OF BAGHDAD
    Trade partners: Persia, Britain, Ottoman Empire, France.

Last edited by Cro_Hunger999; March 24, 2018 at 08:33 AM.

Cro thanks for the info fella.! Looking good I can't wait.!

Cro thanks for the info fella.! Looking good I can't wait.!
    Thank you.

i have to say the units in this mod are beautifully detailed and i would say accurate my only regret is that one basci thing you have left out of the game which was military tactic at this period of history was formation your units are loosely lined up were units of the period were tightly packed shoulder to shoulder yet time again you fail to add this to the game i cant understand.

woow i just discovered this mod...just beautiful...i'd like to play it can someone explain me the differences there are between imperial splendour and imperial splendour rise of republic?

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    woow i just discovered this mod...just beautiful...i'd like to play it can someone explain me the differences there are between imperial splendour and imperial splendour rise of republic?
    The differences are that IS starts in 1700. and that ISRotR starts in 1783. with many technologies already developed. For some bigger nations the technology tree is unique and gives specific bonuses both in IS and in ISRotR. Also in RotR you often cannot build your own troops in the enemy provinces if you haven't destroyed their military buildings and build your own. That gives the game a different feel. There are many other differences comparing this mod with vanilla for instance but you will simply have to delve yourself into it. And it is a rewarding experience.

ok good so it's an overhaul?

Quote Originally Posted by elinath View Post
    ok good so it's an overhaul?
    Yes, it is a good overhaul.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast