Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.1.01 [8.22.2018]

I got some crazy voice " Microsoft warning your computer has been infected by virus " ..... when trying to download off medifire. Scanning my system there doesn't appear to be any virus. Any one else had this ? If so any ideas ? Just ignore it ??
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.1.00 [8.19.2018]

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Uploaded SOTS_Castles_MOSS submod.

Use the submod only with MOSS main files. Do no load any of the moss maps files.
    Amazing!! Thank you so much for your work! That's a pity i cannot give one thousands +rep in one go because you truly deserve more actually, i hope your mod get stickied or something to be more visible because it is really one of a kind, truly stunning work! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    I got some crazy voice " Microsoft warning your computer has been infected by virus " ..... when trying to download off medifire. Scanning my system there doesn't appear to be any virus. Any one else had this ? If so any ideas ? Just ignore it ??
    I added a link to google drive. You can try to download it from there if mediafire doesn't work for you.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Great to see this project continuing!I'm going to try this when I get home. sorinel, I'd give you more rep if I could, but TWC wont let me right now! Great job.

a great mod thank you

Thanks for the Google drive download. It worked w no probs and the mod is great. I'm impressed you managed to add so many factions without slowing down the AI turn times much. How is that possible ? The castle also of course are amazing. Thanks for the great mod.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Did the upgrade level points for general skills change in this mod? If yes, how many is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by good4eL View Post
    Did the upgrade level points for general skills change in this mod? If yes, how many is it now?
    Yes. Generals levels and tech are 2x slower. Because the map is larger with more settlements and more battles, I felt that the generals got too fast to max level.

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Yes. Generals levels and tech are 2x slower. Because the map is larger with more settlements and more battles, I felt that the generals got too fast to max level.
    What amount of points to upgrade general's skills for every level? Was it increased or left as it was in vanilla?

Thank you for replies!

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

I downloaded and moved the files to my Shogun 2 data folder but when I load the mod manager up the files never show up
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    I downloaded and moved the files to my Shogun 2 data folder but when I load the mod manager up the files never show up
    The files do not show up on mod manager because they autoload. Once they are in data folder they are already active. Just enter the game.
    To uninstall, just remove the files from the data folder.

Use one of this combination of files:
    If you want castles+campaign use: SOTS campaign file, main file, soundfix and castles file .pack
    If you want only the castles use: SOTS castles .pack file
    If you want to use castles but with MoS mod use only SOTS_Castles_MoSS submod.

Thanks for checking out the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by good4eL View Post
    What amount of points to upgrade general's skills for every level? Was it increased or left as it was in vanilla?

Thank you for replies!
    The amount of points are the same as it was in vanilla. What I reduced are the points gained from victory or loss.
    You get less experience from a victory or a loss but the points required to level up are the same.

I just changed it based on my experience. The daimyo where the main army usually is always gets max level too quickly into the campaign. For a longer campaign I feel the experience gained must be slower.
    Last edited by sorinel1991; August 28, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

I have played quite a lot MoS with your amazing mod so far and I thought I would share some feedback in case you are interested.

This mod works perfectly with Master of Strategy by the way, i just have two small suggestions please :

I see this type of castle (stronghold) shown below quite a lot, and perhaps it would be nice if there were more variety (if possible) for strongholds as they tend to be almost everywhere by mid-campaign :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was also experiencing how the AI defends these amazing castles and noticed that if something could be an improvement it is two things :

1) If possible, more "walled" spots for ranged units to position themselves in those strongholds would be nice (especially if the AI uses them) as it would make those strongholds more defensible.

2) The most important thing i wanted to say : They should "fight to the death" near the main capture point because as it is right now, sometimes the defenders simply rout inside their own stronghold which is really a pity because they are not supposed to and it gives the attackers a huge advantage all the time since once the attackers capture a few towers, just outnumbering the defenders by a bit is often enough to take the castle (because the AI most of the time doesnt know how to defend them properly and just rush the attackers like idiots) .

So maybe if you make the last few capture points to be like in vanilla forts (they fight to the death near the tenshu), the defenders will have this important advantage to be able to beat larger forces when they defend (it would be more "realistic" too) or at least make them suffer higher casualties because capturing a stronghold should be very hard unless you heavily outnumber the defenders and right now it is very easy due to how the AI defends them and due to the fact that defenders rout inside their own castle.

3) This is not important at all, just a curiosity and please bear in mind i have not yet seen all your fortresses so it may be a silly question but i stumbled onto this simple castle yesterday outside the battlemap and wanted to ask you if a similar kind of castle shown below ( it has no gates but i thought that with a moat around, two gates and flat inside with a larger court in the middle, it would be a nice "castle on a plain" type) is already in your mod or if it could be one day, thank you for your reply Sorinel!!

Last edited by DeMolay; August 29, 2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    I have played quite a lot MoS with your amazing mod so far and I thought I would share some feedback in case you are interested.

This mod works perfectly with Master of Strategy by the way, i just have two small suggestions please :

I see this type of castle (stronghold) shown below quite a lot, and perhaps it would be nice if there were more variety (if possible) for strongholds as they tend to be almost everywhere by mid-campaign :

I was also experiencing how the AI defends these amazing castles and noticed that if something could be an improvement it is two things :

1) If possible, more "walled" spots for ranged units to position themselves in those strongholds would be nice (especially if the AI uses them) as it would make those strongholds more defensible.

2) The most important thing i wanted to say : They should "fight to the death" near the main capture point because as it is right now, sometimes the defenders simply rout inside their own stronghold which is really a pity because they are not supposed to and it gives the attackers a huge advantage all the time since once the attackers capture a few towers, just outnumbering the defenders by a bit is often enough to take the castle (because the AI most of the time doesnt know how to defend them properly and just rush the attackers like idiots) .

So maybe if you make the last few capture points to be like in vanilla forts (they fight to the death near the tenshu), the defenders will have this important advantage to be able to beat larger forces when they defend (it would be more "realistic" too) or at least make them suffer higher casualties because capturing a stronghold should be very hard unless you heavily outnumber the defenders and right now it is very easy due to how the AI defends them and due to the fact that defenders rout inside their own castle.

3) This is not important at all, just a curiosity and please bear in mind i have not yet seen all your fortresses so it may be a silly question but i stumbled onto this simple castle yesterday outside the battlemap and wanted to ask you if a similar kind of castle shown below ( it has no gates but i thought that with a moat around, two gates and flat inside with a larger court in the middle, it would be a nice "castle on a plain" type) is already in your mod or if it could be one day, thank you for your reply Sorinel!!

The reason you saw the same map is because there are settlements categorized as plains type near each other, and both are the same level (ex stronghold). This can only be changed if the settlements that are near each other are not the same type.
    My mod does not add more maps(this is not possible). This mod replaces the vanilla maps with custom ones. You would have seen the same map even without my mod. The only difference is you would see a generic one that repeats.
    There is a limited number of maps and this cannot be increased. You would see different maps if you fight settlements in different regions.

1. Yes I agree with this, already trying to work on this. But changing too much would not look like the original castle. I tried to make them look after the source images and how the castle actually looked.

2. This can be made with added gates. Similar to more walls I am trying to apply this changes but to make the castle still look authentic and close to the source material.

3. That castle does not look like a sengoku era castle but more of a later date. I have made castles that look similar but they are citadel level. Look at the first page screenshots at the Citadels or Castles to see how the maps look.

Thanks for the feedback. I am working on a new version of the maps.
    So if anyone has more suggestions or some ideas it would be appreciated.
    Send more feedback to help improve the maps!

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

The reason you saw the same map is because there are settlements categorized as plains type near each other, and both are the same level (ex stronghold). This can only be changed if the settlements that are near each other are not the same type.
    My mod does not add more maps(this is not possible). This mod replaces the vanilla maps with custom ones. You would have seen the same map even without my mod. The only difference is you would see a generic one that repeats.
    There is a limited number of maps and this cannot be increased. You would see different maps if you fight settlements in different regions.

1. Yes I agree with this, already trying to work on this. But changing too much would not look like the original castle. I tried to make them look after the source images and how the castle actually looked.

2. This can be made with added gates. Similar to more walls I am trying to apply this changes but to make the castle still look authentic and close to the source material.

3. That castle does not look like a sengoku era castle but more of a later date. I have made castles that look similar but they are citadel level. Look at the first page screenshots at the Citadels or Castles to see how the maps look.

Thank you Sorinel

Yes you are right, for 3) it would be like a mid to late Sengoku period one, i was thinking about "castle on a plain" type like the famous Takamatsu castle in Bitchu but when looking at your castles again in the first page, it is true that you made some awesome examples of this type already ( it is just that i had not yet encountered them in my campaign, my apologies) like the Nijo castle that you made or even the Kanazawa one.

Ah yes ok, indeed i have encountered this kind of stronghold multiple times in the same region, so that is why thank you for the explanation.

It is a great news for 1) and 2) !! it would be amazing if you can conciliate historical accuracy with gameplay mechanics, once again thank you so much for your stellar work!
    Last edited by DeMolay; August 30, 2018 at 05:03 AM.

some castle's dool can't be acrossed ,likes kyoto,hope you can fix it

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Apart from the appropiate fixes in future updates youŽll release it would be nice if you add a bit more of details on to the maps... as roads, temples, a port etc... a richer surroundings!!!

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V2.0

V2.0 is out now. All maps have been revamped with gates and walls. Ai defends on walls and fights to the end.

Made all mods to be loaded from mod manager. Easier to turn it off and on.

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V2.0

Maps only available on the Workshop for now(easier to update). I will update frequently there and after I have a final version I will upload it here.
    Delete any previous version you may have (v2.x)

Workshop link is on the first page!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast