Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Oh great i download shogun.
    Will a question be compatible with Master of Strategy.
    Thank you very much.
    Since Master of Strategy already changes the castles it will not show the correct castle levels with my mod. For Master of Strategy I will make a submod to make it work(coming soon).

Use SOTS_Castles mod with any other mods or with my campaign files, it is also save game compatible.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.0.04 [8.15.2018]

I´ve been testing your mod and I have to say it is pretty authentic! those castles feels really historical!!!

But I´ve realised that they are not attached to the type of terrain, you know (Plains, Mountains, Coast...) as they appear totally random... I tell this because I had 2 sieges in the same castle... in the first one I had a map and when I upgraded it, had another siege and it changed to another random castle in other place...

For the future have you planned to do unique castles, with their proper levels for each kind of terrain?

I´ve read that you are still improving the maps... I think that inside the castles is needed a bit of space for the units, you know how Shogun 2 units work and sometimes I miss to be able to display the throops in a determined way on the battle terrain!

Greetings!!!
    Last edited by LordKainES; August 18, 2018 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    I´ve been testing your mod and I have to say it is pretty authentic! those castles feels really historical!!!

But I´ve realised that they are not attached to the type of terrain, you know (Plains, Mountains, Coast...) as they appear totally random... I tell this because I had 2 sieges in the same castle... in the first one I had a map and when I upgraded it, had another siege and it changed to another random castle in other place...

For the future have you planned to do unique castles, with their proper levels for each kind of terrain?
    This is intended because there is a limited number of castles and this number cannot be increased. So to have more unique castles every level is a different castle (not the same upgraded). So you get a new castle when you upgrade. If I made every level to be an upgraded version of the same castle there will be only 7 castles in total that upgrade.

To clarify: There are 7 types plains, hills, coastal, hilly_coastal, mountain, mountain version 2 and mountain version 3.
    Each type in vanilla is 1 castle. Each castle type had an upgraded version of the SAME castle. So there are only 7 castles with 6 upgraded versions for it.

In SOTS mod. Every upgraded version is a UNIQUE castle. So you will see more maps and not the same.

I am still improving the maps yes. Can you tell me specifically what map need more space. Look at the screenshots on the first page and see if you can spot the map. Refer to it be the name so I can take another look at it.

Ah great, thanks for the Mediafire DL-link ! !

It was Misaki castle... I found a bit difficult deploying units on it...

For the pathfinding I can say you did a very good job... even in more intrincate castles, units take their way until the selected point... it doesn´t matter how far be it...
    Last edited by LordKainES; August 19, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.1.00 [8.19.2018]

New Version 1.1.00 Released.

-Major unit variations and reskins for campaing+ more
    -Castles reworked with better deployment and troop placement.

Edit: Reuploaded SOTS_Main_V1.1.00.pack file
    Last edited by sorinel1991; August 19, 2018 at 04:21 PM.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Since Master of Strategy already changes the castles it will not show the correct castle levels with my mod. For Master of Strategy I will make a submod to make it work(coming soon).

Use SOTS_Castles mod with any other mods or with my campaign files, it is also save game compatible.

Wow!!! This looks absolutely stunning !!! I cannot wait for your mod to be compatible for Master of Strategy, that would be so awesome.
    Your castles really look so gorgeous, really amazing stuff, I am shocked by the excellence of your work!

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

this in vanilla? YOU HERO!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

good4eL's Avatar Civis

Awesome, mate! I'll try it out!

ps
    I think that in the best game of Shogun 2 there must be unique city-castles that would not be easy to capture, so that AI would not simply expand with the speed of light.

Therefore, in the battles for the castle cities, more and more troops could participate, for example, ninjas, which can not be hired at the very beginning.
    Last edited by good4eL; August 20, 2018 at 03:19 AM.

Uploaded SOTS_Main file new version. Fixed missing unit icons.

It is save game compatible. Replace it with the old Main file.

This looks great. Can anyone advise on the duration of AI turn times ?
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

To play Master of Strategy with this mod just deactivate the "castles parts" of MOS and that´s it!

Anyway hope soon the entire Strongholds of Samurai mod coul be compatible with MOS... mainly for the exclusive campaign castle maps which are awesome!!!

Uploaded SOTS_Castles_MOSS submod.

Use the submod only with MOSS main files. Do no load any of the moss maps files.

Is this compatible with Better Maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_neme_jeff View Post
    Is this compatible with Better Maps?
    No. Better maps changes the maps of the castles. This mod also changes the maps of the castles. They cannot be both compatible.

You can use it with any other mod that does not change the maps. For Master of Strategy I made a special submod to have the correct castle level with my maps. But do not use it with MoS maps mod!! Use it only with the main files.

The file SOTS_Castles_MOSS is the submod for Master of Strategy mod. Use it only with Master of Strategy!
    The file SOTS_Castles is the file with the maps.
    The other 2 files SOTS_Main and SOTS_campaign are for the campaign mod I made to go with the maps.
    But you can use the maps as stand-alone if you like. It is up to you!

Hope it helps. Thanks!
    Last edited by sorinel1991; August 22, 2018 at 07:49 AM.

Hi Guys, I have one problem... Always when I play battle on sea, and play it manually, the game crashes right after some ships start to board. It is quite iritating, becuase if I want to play the game I have to play them automaticly, and that means lots of losed battles and less fun. Can somebody help me with that? Is it known bug?

Thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by Markusoo View Post
    Hi Guys, I have one problem... Always when I play battle on sea, and play it manually, the game crashes right after some ships start to board. It is quite iritating, becuase if I want to play the game I have to play them automaticly, and that means lots of losed battles and less fun. Can somebody help me with that? Is it known bug?

Thanks for help
    Yes it is a bug.

I have fixed it! You need to download the latest version SOTS_Campaign file V1.1.01

It is save game compatible! Just replace the old version with the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Yes it is a bug.

I have fixed it! You need to download the latest version SOTS_Campaign file V1.1.01

It is save game compatible! Just replace the old version with the new one.

Actually, Ive the latest version downloaded SOTS_Campaign file V1.1.01 in the data folder like the other two (campaign and castle) I didnt had the old version. Any new ideas?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast