Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V2.0

The mod looks very promising. I noticed that the Date Ashigaru units look exactly like the Samurai in terms of equipment. Is this intentional for some reason?
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Artifex

Wow, impressive castles!
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

ok , i will wait for a final version

Awesome! Been playing alongside with MoSS and really have been having a good time. THAT was the mod Shogun 2 was lacking the most, and even if it took 6 years to be brought into this virtual world it was worth the wait! Excellent work friend, thank you very much for what you did

Some feedback: there's one castle that, on my part, is a bit glitchy; I keep having CTDs when defending. So far, this is the only one that caused the bug. Maybe asking for too much resources? I once lowered my graphics and it was ok, no CTD, even though after many tests this seems to be pretty random… Ai is acting weird too on this one, going back and forth at some point. Really can’t pinpoint the real problem; it’s a shame, as it is a nice castle map I’ll have to disable it from your mod pack if I can find it and manage to mod it (lol, I’m not that confident about that)
    Otherwise, I think there's one thing or two things that may be done in order to improve that one map: there are some wooden palisades that, upon routing, ai units get stuck into, causing a stacking of 3d models the computer doesn't handle very well. If removed, I think the units would just keep their course towards better lands
    Also, that same castle has a gate that cannot be used by Ai or player: whether you control or burn it, asking the soldiers to go through make them go around to find another entrance.
    Finally, some firing positions just look great defensively speaking, but simply cannot be used effectively, as the ground before them doesn’t allow for a clear shot. Shame.

If your willing, I attached to this post a few pics to better describe what’s written above.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	355223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main 2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	919.7 KB 
ID:	355222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main 3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	355221 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problem 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	355219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problem 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	488.5 KB 
ID:	355220

Sorry for double-posting, but just noticed that in your description, you mention some castles that are only part of your campaign mod, SOTS, while I recognize a few of them for having battled there using MoSS. Don't know what to think of it, just mentionning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis Le Gueux View Post
    Sorry for double-posting, but just noticed that in your description, you mention some castles that are only part of your campaign mod, SOTS, while I recognize a few of them for having battled there using MoSS. Don't know what to think of it, just mentionning it.
    My God, triple-posting...hope I won't go to hell for this Really sorry...

Just to mention also the fact that such a castle map (the one about I attached pics one post above, "plane level 2" being its name) is listed as a fortress, while it is spawned when you build a stronghold, level 2 castle (again, in MoSS)... Don't know what to make of it either, whether it is just a confusion in titles in your description or because of your maps being for your mod in the first place or just a problem on my part. I thought I should let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis Le Gueux View Post
    My God, triple-posting...hope I won't go to hell for this Really sorry...

Just to mention also the fact that such a castle map (the one about I attached pics one post above, "plane level 2" being its name) is listed as a fortress, while it is spawned when you build a stronghold, level 2 castle (again, in MoSS)... Don't know what to make of it either, whether it is just a confusion in titles in your description or because of your maps being for your mod in the first place or just a problem on my part. I thought I should let you know
    Hi! It seems that you have an older version of the mod.
    That castle you posted screenshots of it is different now and improved. To play the current version with all castles improved and most glitches fixed get the mod from workshop.

I will add the MOSS submod and a final version to mediafire to be downloaded from here. But for now the current version is only available on the workshop(link on the first page or search strongholds of the samurai on the workshop). I still need to make the citadels tiers better. For now all forts stronghold fortress and castles are looking good.

Thanks for trying out the mod!

Hi sorinel1991, may i add or use your castle mods for my own mod (Total FotS)? All credit goes to you off course.

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Hi! It seems that you have an older version of the mod.
    That castle you posted screenshots of it is different now and improved. To play the current version with all castles improved and most glitches fixed get the mod from workshop.

I will add the MOSS submod and a final version to mediafire to be downloaded from here. But for now the current version is only available on the workshop(link on the first page or search strongholds of the samurai on the workshop). I still need to make the citadels tiers better. For now all forts stronghold fortress and castles are looking good.

Thanks for trying out the mod!
    Thx for your answer Sorinel

After my posts, I did indeed went into the mod to remove the castle mentionned and find it weird that you included in the MoSS submod only 4 level castles, while there is 5 in-game. So out of curiosity, I downloaded your vanilla mod (no MoSS submod) in the workshop and saw that, once opened, there were 6 level castles. Long story short, I simply renamed each level castle to be one level up, so for example Castle_plane_level_01 becomes Castle_plane_level_02 up to Castle_plane_level_06 which became Castle_plane_level_07, and the same with the other kind of castles (moutain, etc,.). And it fully works alongside the latest version (as of today) of MoSS. By the way, why 6 levels? I mean, the game only includes 5 levels (forts, strongholds, fortresses, castles, citadels). May I ask what is the 6th for?

And yes, I have noticed the changes in that one castle, among which the gate now opening properly, but didn't test about the CTD. I'll let you know about that eventually, thx

Last thing: would you be interested in getting some feedback about ai behaviour and weird/unusable firing positions or whatnot? I've been fighting in some of your level 2 castles many times per turn for many turns (had to put the tax rate to the highest in my playthrough and got all my settlements rebelling at every turn, lol) so I was wondering if the correcting of the ai behaviour (pathfinding?) is something you are wanting to improve or if it is already at its peak intellectually speaking () and thus, not much of a useful thing to let you know about some of its glitches? I got for example many ai units stuck into wooden bridges at the top of the walls and also some of them stuck at the base of some rocky elevations impossible to climb, trying to get to my units positionned above regardless. if so I could provide pics.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your job mate; the more I play, the more I discover catles, the more wonderful it is (that one level 1 surrounded by forest is gorgeous. I don't congratulate you for the design of course - you're not the one designer , but certainly do so for the reproduction of it! Great work!)

EDIT: Yay, finally found the edit button! lol, anyway, if anyone willing to make this mod work along with MoSS (waiting for Sorinel to make a submod), know that in MoSS levels start at level 2 (level 2 = forts; up to level 6 = Citadels) and that level 2 and level 5 are actually interverted, so that if you want to have everything properly working, you should rename level 5 (castles) to level 2 (forts) and you won't be defending a castle if being stormed in a fort Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Jean-Louis Le Gueux; October 13, 2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Correcting + adding info

I am also eagerly waiting MoS submod. I can't wait to try them under MoS.

Thanks for the quality mod here.

New update [01/20/2019]

After a long testing period and a lot of updates, I have finished the latest version of the mod with much improved maps and fixed a lot of the issues so far. This is the most complete version and I hope there are no major issues and the maps work as smooth as possible. I have added links for download outside workshop. And also included the new version of SOTS for MOSS.

Special thanks to Jean-Louis Le Gueux for testing all maps and helping with the bugs; Sora Asano for testing and translating japanese websites for info; and Chera for reporting bugs.

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.1

Small fix -update [01/23/2019]

Update 23.01.2019
    -Fixed not working gates on: Kumamoto map; Tokushiro map and Shinjyio map
    -Added new map Funai castle (replaced Tatebayashi)
    -Removed Tatebayashi map (it is broken and cannot be fixed)

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.11

New update [01/24/2019]

-Fixed small portions of the walls that were not climbable on the following maps: Shirakawa; Castle2; Iwamura; Gassan. Thanks to noelwym for finding the spots.

-Added new mediafire links and new links for the Custom Battle maps.

Sorinel, when will the campaign be ready ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdtiger92 View Post
    Sorinel, when will the campaign be ready ?
    I am taking my time with the campaign. My main goal is to make all the settlements have an unique map for siege. All the maps to be assigned to the correct settlement and to not repeat(this is possible only with a modded campaign). And also introduce the realism combat and some other features. I cannot tell you when. But I am not rushing it by any means.

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.12

is this mod compatible with the trom 3 mod?

Hi sorinel, I will probably use it for Total FotS V2 the castles for mainland Japan. Are you interested to make custom ones for Korea and Chinese castles (villages/towns/citys, etc...)? If it's possible off course. I am looking a ted developer for my Total FotS mod to create different battle maps (like a mix between Euro-Asian).

Hi izzi !
    Have you already been contacted by sorinel1991 ?
    Thnx4answering !

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Thanku

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Hi,
    as i have now grab Shogun2 Free on Steam .. (and use TW:Rome long time with EB mod and others) it was no question to use excellent mods to get most out of the game ...
    As i have write already in the MOSS mod page, as here it's not clear either - need this mod (SOTS) any DLC to work optimal - or run it even in vanilla ?

Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast