Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strongholds Of The Samurai V3.14

Laetus

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai

I've been waiting for so long for a campaign with Destin's Combat mechanics and now I even get new realistic siege maps to go with it. Do you plan to keep Shogun 2 Total Realism's current unit roster or will you be making your own units? Also do you plan on implementing all the campaign mechanics that Destin had planned for S2TR (i.e. regional special units like Akozanae for the Takeda and Sendai-do Samurai for the Date clan)? Anyway your siege maps look stunning and I'll be sure to follow your progress.

That is a great idea bcsath, I will certainly add some regional special units! Also some new ones!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Whaaaaaat??? I love you man!!!

Finally!!!

I´m imagining this mod along with Master of Strategy... instant orgasm...

I love this mod very much. You have just made the game perfect for me .
    Hats off and +rep.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Fantastic work.
    I like to play Shogun 2 with x2 unit size but it gets pretty annoying in that box shape castle due to lack of space and because of there are so much siege battles in Shogun 2, campaigns do not last that much long for me. But thanks to your mod, siege wars and campaigns will be so much fun. In a nutshell, i am excited for a mod after a long time.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

This looks amazing!You, Mr.Scotland & Destin should combine your mods

This is the sequel to Better Maps Mod that we are all looking for! If there's proof that the AI handles the maps well, I would definitely download and recommend!

Update:

After testing the maps and improving them a lot, I want to remake some maps and change them completely and also I want to make another version of the mod with more stone walls castle to resemble the later period castles of the sengoku jidai.

This will take some time to make since the map making process and testing for only 1 map takes quite some time.

sorinel1991 , is it a possibility that you provide the community with your modwork already ?
    It can then be tested thoroughly by many, giving you feedback and you could work further in the background perfecting the version you desire...

Celtoi, I was thinking about that. And I can release some maps to be tested only on custom battle. If people post their feedback it could help me speed things up.

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai [BETA]

Just added the beta for testing maps on Custom Battles!

I will add the mod for Campaign later.

Update on download

Make sure you download the file emfab.pack also and move it to Data folder.

Congratz for your release. Could you make new custom maps for Fall of the Samurai? I am looking some help to make custom battlefields for the mod i am building.

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Just added the beta for testing maps on Custom Battles!
    I will add the mod for Campaign later.
    Great decision, mate
    I'm gonna install Shogun2 back to my pc for this !

Maybe it's also a good decision to let your downloads be announced at the front page where all mod-info is put into the front lights !
    Also it will give you a boost in moral Here is the link to that page: http://www.twcenter.net/moddingnews.php

I will get back to you with whom you have to ask for the announcing.
    It will give your work a much bigger audience (and thus more testers) than the ones that have accidently stumbled at your pages here.
    Cheers !

Edit: Here it is... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/annou...php?f=11&a=452
    Last edited by Celtoi; August 02, 2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: adding promised info :)

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Update:

After testing the maps and improving them a lot, I want to remake some maps and change them completely and also I want to make another version of the mod with more stone walls castle to resemble the later period castles of the sengoku jidai.

This will take some time to make since the map making process and testing for only 1 map takes quite some time.
    Though it is your mod and you can do whatever you like with it, please don't change the initial castles you've made as they are more realistic than what you are proposing to do. Most of the pre-modern castles seen in Japan today (those built during the time of Oda, Toyotomi, and Tokugawa) only represent a tiny fraction of the castles that existed during the Sengoku Jidai. The pre-modern castles (those built after the 1570's) only saw limited action as it was the last 20 or so years of the Sengoku period. The wood mountain and hill castles (most without a castle keep) bore the brunt of the fighting during the major part of the period (from the Onin War to around 1575) and it would ruin what I like best about your mod by making every castle look like their modern iteration.

If you insist on making changes, can you please keep a version of your current castles available so we can continue to enjoy?

I am keeping the current look of the castles that are already available on the beta release for custom battles. You can test them yourself if you like.

I was referring that I will add more castles made of stone for another version of the mod, but I am keeping the original version that I plan to release first that will mostly include wood mountain and hill castles.

Dear sorinel1991,
    is it also possible for you to provide a downloadlink through e.g. Mediafire or so ?
    Unfortunately I'm not able to dowload your files from Google Drive...
    Thanks in advance.

I will add a mediafire link as soon as I finish the next release. I have been working on what I think it could be the final build.

It will be uploaded soon!

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.0.03

Finally the mod is complete!

First version ready and released! Have fun!

Default Re: Strongholds Of The Samurai V1.0.04 [8.15.2018]

New version for Castles mod fixes some deployment and troop placement on walls for all castles.

Save game compatible

New screenshots uploaded.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast