Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Update 1.01h

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [Preview] Update 1.01h

Yes to every question in here - haha jk. But Music is still a WIP - also we do have permission to use EB native languages - However, I caution....this is a very very tough task, and that will probably be a while off. My first goal is to not have greeks scream For Rome!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    before saying that you have achieved an excellent job with this mod.
    i have looked at the campaign objectives, it has disappointed me a lot to see that they do not follow a historical logic in each faction, but rather something arcade and generalist.
    i expected the mod to take care of this aspect of the objectives of winning a campaign with a rigorous historical line,parthia which would have to invade italy is out of place and logic and so on all objectives factions without meaning, that spoil the mod in other aspects care of realism and historicity.
    the kingdom of pontus was an adversary of rome as the kingdom of macedonia gave name to the macedonian wars,the kingdom of pontus gave its name to the mitridatic wars,this faction must be playable.
    i put some credible objectives of a faction that I hope will be playable as pontus to win a serious campaign from its initial territory as objectives what the kingdom of pontus conquered historically and the area of thrace and greece that was not historically but could be plausible historically, that they be conquered or vassals.

historical and plausible objectives for parthia would be everything conquered historically but what had the old persian empire of xerxes more egypt, a good campaign and not see the historical aberration of parthians in Italy that sinks the game in aspect of historicity, logic and realism.

the aspect of knead money or have a certain number of units, it does not look serious in campaign objectives and is more for casual players and arcade games, i think that these aspects should be eliminated from all factions as objectives and if to aim certain alliances or marriages with historical logic between factions that mark the victory of the campaign.
    the subject of the barbarian tribes is difficult to set objectives, but if in the future there are any factions,gala, hispanic,german and other tribes,which i hope not, the objectives are to unify the tribes if they not leave their ethnic territory, not i want to see gauls in the north of africa, I do not want to see the factions of this type disseminated by the map like a plague, it would have to have a mechanic that does not create great kingdoms, because at that epoch these tribes not had the capacity for it.
    you can redirect the player through historical events that give missions of historical conquest during the campaign, with the attila it is possible to do this mechanics,i also hope that you find exclusive historical events for each faction, announced in the campaign by means of a poster with a historical painting that depth and immersion to the game, also announced in the campaign the creation of important units as legions and if the birth of historical figures is implied,i liked very much that famous and important generals not have similar characteristics and are not all equal at command level and others aspects, that finds famous generals that stand out from the others is something that gives realism and immersion.
    let's hope that the campaign objectives of all the factions will be changed in a future update to something with exclusive historical logic in each playable faction, this aspect is important.
    the appearance of the manpower in the style divide et impera mod would be good to implement it to give more realism to the recruitment and to emphasize even more the subject of the supplies, with the attila the creation of historical events, dilemmas, historical characters, to make characteristics to the exclusive generals according to the faction and its culture and not make a parthian general equal to a roman general, the aspect of the supply, of the recruitmen, this mod has many possibilities to have more depth and immersion.
    of course the work already done is excellent and I am pleasantly surprised that i honestly did not expect something of as much quality as the divide et impera that with the rome are more limited to create historical characters, events and other immersive aspects.
    would be immersive that each faction had its way of playing and unique and exclusive features both in the characters, buildings, edicts, forms of government and vassalage among other things, something like the factions of warhammer that each is different from the other with missions , dilemmas and different events and with their historical logic.
    i hope you also find famous places to build or already built like the babylonian gardens that appear in the construction slots and not be something abstract and that give bonuses to the region or to the faction.
    now the ancient empires mod has become something exciting with airs of previous quality mods such as europa barbarorum and others, surpassing them already, I think there will be future updates that will give even more quality to this mod and something good.
    Attila is very limited in what we can do with objectives and victory conditions. Im sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Yes to every question in here - haha jk. But Music is still a WIP - also we do have permission to use EB native languages - However, I caution....this is a very very tough task, and that will probably be a while off. My first goal is to not have greeks scream For Rome!
    Well, you got me pretty excited there.

All those things are pretty nice.
    And I have to agree with Anibal at portas, I'd love for Pontus to be playable (it actually was one of my preferred factions in DeI).
    Lastly I was wondering... Do you think you implement a naval tree for the commanders ? (Well technically admirals)

Pontus will be playable. It will be the next faction we release.

Achaean league?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Soon. The poor league needs some more work We have finished their tech tree though, which was one of the major obstacles
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Do you need to start a new campaign after this update or will the economy and other updates carry on to the existing campaign? I'm also thinking of starting a new campaign with Carthage. Should I wait till this update?

A fresh start is recommended, if not outright necessary. Many changes were done to existing building chains, and we've introduced some new Roman buildings

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar August View Post
    You can change the language of the game without chanign the language of Steam in general -> Right mouse on TW Attila -> Properties -> Language
    @Cèsar August :
    obviously you did not read my post.

For AE gameplay I need UI text and description and to change the language like : -> Right mouse on TW Attila -> Properties -> Language DOES not help at all !!! Because it will not change the language ingame and all the text and description ingame is still missing. Only a general change to English steam version could help but it will also change all my other 32 steam games.
    So I just wanted to know when a non English version or a language UPC file would be available. Maybe v1.01k ?
    Last edited by Protector; June 02, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

I have been checking my Steam for updates every few hours! That's when you know a mod is very good!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Jjj im looking forward too,to this Update

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    A fresh start is recommended, if not outright necessary. Many changes were done to existing building chains, and we've introduced some new Roman buildings
    Does that apply to the hotfix already?

When is it going to be released?

I would love to ask, please make a habbit of documenting the changes in the changelog on Steam. It's really hard to know for us what changed. Thank you very much! Love the mod. Any ETA on the new version?

so how do I download the 1.01h update?

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Yarev View Post
    so how do I download the 1.01h update?
    Its not released as yet

Salah-ad-Din's Avatar Laetus

I can get behind this idea! Mine is complaining more since AE came out

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Are battle formations going to be put back in? Not a big issue, but it helps save time so you don't have to do it yourself.
    If this is possible - which I assume it is - I will look into this in a matter of days. Thanks for bringing it to attention

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    If this is possible - which I assume it is - I will look into this in a matter of days. Thanks for bringing it to attention
    If you do, try making some for the AI, I tried it in the past and it really helped the BAI, you can make formations per faction as well pretty easily. I'm happy to teach you how.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast