Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Update 1.01h

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [Preview] Update 1.01h

I think, about the soundtrack, Rome II soundtrack should be the base for AE... Rome I music like a submod for nostalgics...

And Why? Mainly for campaign music, it feels more authentic to the theme.

I think in these tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VzrG3vRKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJSelhFfqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRCL-3LcWhw

Or why not choose the most authentic tracks from Rome I, Rome II and Attila and do a mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Any chance in the near future to get AE as a non English version ? (I know it is still a BETA version)

Because we have lots of text and description missing, even the faction names are missing in the non-English version. (I wonna avoid to change steam to English because it is effecting all other steam games too)
    You can change the language of the game without chanign the language of Steam in general -> Right mouse on TW Attila -> Properties -> Language

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will we also see updates to eastern cities? Their city sizes are way too small and could do with some expansion, Doomon's Ur and Babylon are also good cities to be added in,

Looking forward to it! Hopefully just some bugs and balances ironed out and this could be an epic game.

Thank you guys so so much for your dedication and hard work!

Ty for the update Centurion.
    Is good to know that there is the probability of adding music to the mod, success in the project.
    Finally it would be good to recommend the mod created by: Aletheia has already had many years that we have enjoyed his great compilation of epic music, from the rome surrectum 1 and 2 to the rome 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fIPTUl4eA0
    It would be amazing if the team can could attach some soundtracks of the mod made by he, greetings good day.

Excellent work guys!

Can you have the music separated from the main mod? I think it would be nice to have it as an option.

So psyched to hear Jeff Van Dykes masterpiece musical score while playing this masterpiece of a mod. Most fun I've had playing a TW game in years.

I've been wanting to import the Roman unit sound files from Europa Barbarorum for some time. Is this planned?

Are battle formations going to be put back in? Not a big issue, but it helps save time so you don't have to do it yourself.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

So did this already get released because today unit cards work and my part2 had to update

I really want to thank everyone for the bottom of my heart for bringing this masterpiece of a mod together it's so beautiful and I haven't had this much fun since rome 2 dare I say it's better <3 you guys and your commitment to getting this out for all of us.

AbeS17's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Hi All. Thank you for the support and efforts to help with the mod. In our next patch we will have a slew of updates and bug fixes. Please continue to post on the bug reports forum. Although, unable to repsond to all, no reports are going un-noticed.

Here is a list of some of the updates you can expect in the next couple days.
    - Rebalanced economy
    - battlemap fixes
    - updated unit cards
    - seige fixes
    - objective and victory condition updates
    - model and vmd fixes

We would also like to thank Causeless for his hard work in figuring out how to import sound files into Attila - hes been instrumental to the effort, and is the only one out there with the capability of doing such. With that we are happy to announce Rome 1 music will now be available in the mod. This opens up so many possibilities to make the mod feel more like Rome 1 and the antiquity era. Due to copyright issues, we will only be using work that is open source and/or made by CA.

The music mod is in the begining stages, but you should be able to view and hear a preview of it in Jackie Fish's and Darren's Stream that will be coming up. We will post a link to their twitch channels when they do.

Thanks!
    Is it live already? If yes was it release on 27th or 28th May?
    Because until 28th I had no crashes or problems (beside the one with economy and building cost mentioned in Bug topic - but on the other hand I play with 4tpy, sooo yeah).
    On 28th I noticed some workshop update for my Attila, but at that point I still had other mods subscribed so I wasn't sure for which one was it. But now my campaign is actually crashing in 40th turn while other Factions are moving.

I was trying few times to check if this is some random error. at first it was crashing during Ptolemaic turn, after they sent me proposal for Royal marriage, after I accepted the game crashed.
    I loaded and tried again, they sent me royal marriage request again, this time they offer no money so i refused, crash again.
    I tried to do some changes before i ended turn and now it's crashing during Arsacid Dynasty turn (their turn is sooner than Ptolemaic I think?).

That's when I started to look for some solutions on forum, but it seems i need to start new campaign (this time i will try without 4tpy, even though I think having 2 season when fertility is so important is kinda weird )

before saying that you have achieved an excellent job with this mod.
    i have looked at the campaign objectives, it has disappointed me a lot to see that they do not follow a historical logic in each faction, but rather something arcade and generalist.
    i expected the mod to take care of this aspect of the objectives of winning a campaign with a rigorous historical line,parthia which would have to invade italy is out of place and logic and so on all objectives factions without meaning, that spoil the mod in other aspects care of realism and historicity.
    the kingdom of pontus was an adversary of rome as the kingdom of macedonia gave name to the macedonian wars,the kingdom of pontus gave its name to the mitridatic wars,this faction must be playable.
    i put some credible objectives of a faction that I hope will be playable as pontus to win a serious campaign from its initial territory as objectives what the kingdom of pontus conquered historically and the area of thrace and greece that was not historically but could be plausible historically, that they be conquered or vassals.

historical and plausible objectives for parthia would be everything conquered historically but what had the old persian empire of xerxes more egypt, a good campaign and not see the historical aberration of parthians in Italy that sinks the game in aspect of historicity, logic and realism.

the aspect of knead money or have a certain number of units, it does not look serious in campaign objectives and is more for casual players and arcade games, i think that these aspects should be eliminated from all factions as objectives and if to aim certain alliances or marriages with historical logic between factions that mark the victory of the campaign.
    the subject of the barbarian tribes is difficult to set objectives, but if in the future there are any factions,gala, hispanic,german and other tribes,which i hope not, the objectives are to unify the tribes if they not leave their ethnic territory, not i want to see gauls in the north of africa, I do not want to see the factions of this type disseminated by the map like a plague, it would have to have a mechanic that does not create great kingdoms, because at that epoch these tribes not had the capacity for it.
    you can redirect the player through historical events that give missions of historical conquest during the campaign, with the attila it is possible to do this mechanics,i also hope that you find exclusive historical events for each faction, announced in the campaign by means of a poster with a historical painting that depth and immersion to the game, also announced in the campaign the creation of important units as legions and if the birth of historical figures is implied,i liked very much that famous and important generals not have similar characteristics and are not all equal at command level and others aspects, that finds famous generals that stand out from the others is something that gives realism and immersion.
    let's hope that the campaign objectives of all the factions will be changed in a future update to something with exclusive historical logic in each playable faction, this aspect is important.
    the appearance of the manpower in the style divide et impera mod would be good to implement it to give more realism to the recruitment and to emphasize even more the subject of the supplies, with the attila the creation of historical events, dilemmas, historical characters, to make characteristics to the exclusive generals according to the faction and its culture and not make a parthian general equal to a roman general, the aspect of the supply, of the recruitmen, this mod has many possibilities to have more depth and immersion.
    of course the work already done is excellent and I am pleasantly surprised that i honestly did not expect something of as much quality as the divide et impera that with the rome are more limited to create historical characters, events and other immersive aspects.
    would be immersive that each faction had its way of playing and unique and exclusive features both in the characters, buildings, edicts, forms of government and vassalage among other things, something like the factions of warhammer that each is different from the other with missions , dilemmas and different events and with their historical logic.
    i hope you also find famous places to build or already built like the babylonian gardens that appear in the construction slots and not be something abstract and that give bonuses to the region or to the faction.
    now the ancient empires mod has become something exciting with airs of previous quality mods such as europa barbarorum and others, surpassing them already, I think there will be future updates that will give even more quality to this mod and something good.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; May 29, 2018 at 08:04 PM.

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

Any ideas of when the naval recruitment bug will be fixed? I cannot recruit any naval units as Armenia. :3

ah! the open source music from 0AD that's used in europa barbarorum II, is that going to be incorporated with this mod?

looking forward to native language unit voices.. TRIBVNE! tvrpissime barbare! etc

awesome to hear that! Any ETA? Looking forward for the music!

Will music from Rome 2 also be present in the game? Cause I would like so

Great News! I cant wait to have the great Rome I Soundtrack back!
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Great news.I was waiting for something like that because to continue with the music of attila is not the right thing.Keep listening tengris songs is not good.Once this is solved, I think we could move on to the translations.What possibilities exist to create a UPC. Lenguage for AE?

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    ah! the open source music from 0AD that's used in europa barbarorum II, is that going to be incorporated with this mod?

looking forward to native language unit voices.. TRIBVNE! tvrpissime barbare! etc
    I hope so, it would be great!

Even if I have not played this mod yet (I am waiting for few patches as my connexion is really slow… downloading mutliple times several gigabytes would be a pain), I read most of the messages on Total War Center and I have already put the mod in my favorites on Steam Workshop. Continue your marvelous work!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post

This was wonderful

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast