Thread: Imagine you were a game developer. Which game would you create?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Imagine you were a game developer. Which game would you create?

That's just a game, dreaming is free. Imagine you were a game developer, you own a gaming company and you can create whatever the pc game you would want to create, to simplify, ignore the economical aspect, just make it simple, which game would you create? what would be your game of your dreams that has not been created yet?

Default Re: Imagine you were a game developer. Which game would you create?

I've been wanting a Shadow of Rome remake for years.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Real Total War

A historical simulation/shooter of the battle of the Somme where each soldier and gun emplacement and sniper nest etc. is represented. The game engine is capable of handling the calculations necessary to be able to represent the battlefield as it really was. Each bullet , each shell, each wave over the tops, each yard of barbed wire, even each deserter, every shellhole, and every trench. It's all there ingame, happening as it did back then real time.

This game will need a stupendous amount of research. Of course, whiners being whiners this game will not be well received:

"Game Sux.I chose Germans-Beaumont-First Trench and my screen just went black and game over"- Real Total War player

Last edited by LaMuerte; May 27, 2018 at 03:19 PM.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

It would require Ready Player One level of VR tech and mobility tech for walking/running but a game with a world map similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands that has a lot of different beautiful looking terrain but you essentially would get to command an an army in real time or maybe even get a choice of individual battalion or even a soldier within one, the time periods could extend from The Second Punic War all the way up to Vietnam or Desert Storm, you could start out with your own fort/castle or city before moving out to find the enemy, it would require a fairly decent AI who would be able to react to commands and formations but you could also have an online mode with a chosen General for each side then as many units as possible controlled by fellow humans who would probably move all over the map.

It would have to have some sort of building or capture system for forts and towns/key locations, maybe add in a naval component.

Essentially I want virtual Westworld only with war

1)A detailed strategy game based on the Mexican revolution .
    2)A spaghetti western rockstar games style game set sqauarely in Mexico 1902-1920 .
    3)An RPG based open world combat game set during the Abyssinian Adal war .
    4)An extremely detailed strategy total war based solely on Ethiopian, Sudanic and Somalian frontiers(Egypt would be an external challenge).The game may be set anytime between 1400-1840 .But not before or after that .
    5)An RPG CK2 style game allowing you to play as many of the isolated slave trading clans of Kilwa in the era 1200-1600 .
    6)A detailed business simulation of oceanic trading during the Victorian age of steam .
    7)" """"""""" """"""""" """"""'""""" of Mexican Porfirian industrial and infrastructural boom .
    8)Gta Vice city 2
    9)A GTA set in Las Vegas my home city .
    10)USA Robber barons(Read Rockfeller, Carniege,Morgan , Fisk) business simulation game with some RPG elements .Imagine, you can buy presidents and stuff .
    11)RPG business simulation of pre USA Mexican and Spanish era California .
    12)A third person RPG version of the above .Imagine playing like Zorro .

An entire Farcry style series called 'Wildcry' ,.Each patrogonist would be from Europe or the USA .

Wild cry 1- Would be based on the British mercenaries fighting for the Khedive of Egypt against Sudanic frontier tribals .
    Wildcry2 -Set in the Congo ARAB WAR OF 1894 .
    Wildcry3 -Set in the Boer Zulu wars(Before the actual Zulu wars of 1876, with loads of mercenary action)
    Wildcry4 - You play as a British soldier of fortune during the Mhadist war, that is, you desert the British lines and start fighting on your own for the Egyptian private forces because they pay better .
    Wildcry5 -Matabele war .
    Wildcry6 -Based on any of the 1830s and 1840s Caudillo wars in Latin America .
    Wildcry 7 -Play as one of Garibaldi's Italians in the Rio Grande Do Sul rebellion war .
    Wild cry 8 -William Walker and his Baja California expedition .

To be continued(Maybe)..................................
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 27, 2018 at 12:05 PM.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Shadow the Hedgehog sequel we have all been waiting for; Shadow Boom.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Riot Total War

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Fallout New Vegas.

Oh wait
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Hooligan Total War

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

A multiplayer game that will gather huge support from streamers and you-tubers, which in turn gather a huge playerbase from fetuses to mid 30's bros. Then at the the peak, PEAK , PEAK of the game, I will sell out. Thus making me rich and I can finally put investment into pleasure bots, my lifelong dream

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I actually have made a freeware horror adventure

https://kyriakosch.itch.io/the-chrysalis

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

A Firefly'esque game. Like Star Citizen, it would both have ground and space combat, but it would be a Single Player game, a lighthearted Action Adventure with maybe a few RPG elements, focussed on story and especially characters, but fairly linear. Would also be about a crew trying to survive, visiting different places. A bit like Mass Effect 2, but it would not be the usual chosen one - dragonborn saves the world type of story. At the end there would probably a first contact kind of event, ending on a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; June 19, 2018 at 01:10 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I would make a 40k Kotor where you play as an inquisitorial investigator and his retinue. You can build your retinue however you like based on npcs you meet along the way and charactes you make yourself and depending on your stats you can be any sort of interrogator (analyst who stays in his ship and has to put together clues), all guardsmen party (idiots who shoot at everything) or any mix between.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

jeek I missed this one somehow

mmm if I'll really make the kind of game I've in mind, I don't think there would be a high enough adult rating for it

jokes aside, if for fun, definitely a RPG, but of the good type: those where you are free to do what you want and it's only you and your conscience; no plots, no quests, a journal that you have to write up yourself.. this kind of game. The setting in itself isn't a big issue, fantasy is fine but I could do well with futuristic, historical or whatever.

if for business, anything related with sex: nothing sells like sex, especially in this age and in particular if you get to enter some bigger markets in far east
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I've always wanted games set in Russia, especially fall of the Soviet era excites me. I'd make an open world adventure, perhaps it would be inspired by GTA series. I'd love to see a beautiful story there, also(as a mini-game) being able to manage your own gang in organised crime would be interesting imo.
    Last edited by Finlander; June 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Crusader King 2 x Total War med 2