Thread: My Kingdom for a Horse: 1066

Default My Kingdom for a Horse: 1066

My Kingdom For A Horse
    4.0: The Norman Conquest

My Kingdom for a Horse returns late in the year 1066, with Duke William of Normandy victorious against the pretender Harold Godwinson at Hastings. After being crowned on Christmas Day, William the Bastard is now the undisputed King of the English, and his Norman vassals prepare to reap the fruits of their victory. England will be divided amongst them; to the victor, the spoils.

However, only the south has fully submitted to William's rule. The Saxon-ruled north remains untamed, and it remains to be seen whether they will accept this foreign usurper as their overlord. The Conqueror is not yet secure on his throne, for whilst powerful pretenders remain he may yet lose the prize he fought so hard to win.

You have a choice. You may step into the shoes of William's continental allies and receive a fief for your victory, or choose to be one of the English that remain. Will you resist the rule of this foreign conqueror, or accept the inevitable and join the Norman regime?

Background:

William has just defeated Harold Godwinson at Hastings and been crowned King in Westminster. Norman/continental characters begin their journey here, as William's nobles, celebrating in the victory of their liege and kinsman. William will divide the kingdom into fiefs between you.

Saxon characters begin as the nobles that remain following the conquest. Will you join with William and be rewarded, or choose to throw your lot in with the brothers Morcar and Edwin in their rebellion?

This setting begins with a historical event, but the story that follows will not with any certainty mimic the events of history. Neither are the characters completely historical: it is impossible to know the name of every Norman that travelled with William, or every Saxon that remained in England following the Conquest. Should you wish to take historical characters, then you may, but you shall not be penalised for not doing so. Outside of the essential historical actors (William, for instance) creative freedom is yours to do with what you will, and all characters will begin on an equal footing.

TLDR: Beginning events:
    - William divides his kingdom amongst his followers.
    - Saxons regroup: either swear fealty or begin rebellion against the Normans.

---

Political situation 1066 AD

---

Confirmed Moderators:

Gandalfus
    Barry Goldwater
    Lucius Malfoy
    Trot
    Chesser

With the forum up, I'm going to post the rules and setting information there, along with a claims thread.

Last edited by Gandalfus; May 26, 2018 at 08:12 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: My Kingdom for a Horse: 1066

#JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Any and all are welcomed to offer themselves to be moderators!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Look at that Alba, magnificent.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

I'll throw my hat in.
    Last edited by chesser2538; May 26, 2018 at 04:54 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

I'm happy to moderate.