Thread: Weird count bug when sacking a city.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Weird count bug when sacking a city.

The menu after I conquer the settlements tells me that if I sack the city I will ge tlike 12000 money. I do it and get only 2000 or so.
    Another city promised me about 4000 but ended up stealing me - 3000 when I sack it!

Any possible explanation?

Default Re: Weird count bug when sacking a city.

I quickly tried in my mod since I am not always paying attention to these things usually, sacking do give the money it say as far that I can tell, so it doesn't seem to be a harcoded engine bug or the like.
    And I never tried but I don't think it's directly moddable.
    All I can think of from the top of my head, maybe, is that you have some scripts that take you some treasury when you sack a city.
    Look for monitor_event SackSettlement within your scripts and check if these events don't have commands "adding" negative money.

It might also be monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed loot_settlement_enslave_button, but this one never worked for me though it is supposed to be when you press the button for sacking settlement, just like the SackSettlement.

You know, you speak like a shareholder. Man, I won big money doing nothing but less that I was told... What the hell is wrong with you, fire millions of people but give me 'my' money so I can sleep well... (Just kidding, I don't think of you as a shareholder, unless you really are one)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I would go with some script issue here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    I quickly tried in my mod since I am not always paying attention to these things usually, sacking do give the money it say as far that I can tell, so it doesn't seem to be a harcoded engine bug or the like.
    And I never tried but I don't think it's directly moddable.
    All I can think of from the top of my head, maybe, is that you have some scripts that take you some treasury when you sack a city.
    Look for monitor_event SackSettlement within your scripts and check if these events don't have commands "adding" negative money.

It might also be monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed loot_settlement_enslave_button, but this one never worked for me though it is supposed to be when you press the button for sacking settlement, just like the SackSettlement.

You know, you speak like a shareholder. Man, I won big money doing nothing but less that I was told... What the hell is wrong with you, fire millions of people but give me 'my' money so I can sleep well... (Just kidding, I don't think of you as a shareholder, unless you really are one)
    Considering I never made any modification in any script that had these lines, nor I added any new script with them, I don't see how this could be the cause of the problem.

Blog Entries

If that's the vanilla game then it's weird. But I can't say I ever paid attention to the money side of it when taking settlements.

Close this thread, please.

There was nothing wrong, its just that there was recruitment queues stuck before I got the money so when I got it the units were put to production and the money spent. MY BAD. SORRY

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back to resolve the issue. One for the 'damn, how I did forget that' collection

I'm just trying to avoid more people getting confused with this. I threw wrong information out, came here to fix it.

Blog Entries

That's the spirit every one loves