Thread: Makedon and Seleucid relation issues/building system issue.

Default Makedon and Seleucid relation issues/building system issue.

-As far as im concerned Seleucids were in okay terms with Makedon around this time. Makedon was also in good terms with Carthage. For some strange reason Im getting a -70 cultural differences debuff with Seleucids. Carthage having diferent culture than me has a +10 similar culture buff. I think something is not right here. Rome is funnily in pretty good terms and improving, I havent even touched egypt but they dont seem to hate me at all, so all the natural rivals I thought I would have are not, and Seleucids which i was hoping to be a trustworthy ally for the hole campaing is becoming my biggest concern every turn that passes.

-Regarding economy and buildings, the system is great but there is something that I think any minor faction in the future will suffer.

Right now, if an army start a siege, just by starting it all buildings within the besieged settlement will be destroyed , making this buildings automatically stop producing. In my situation im conquering the diverse tribes of the north, and for some reason whenever I make a great battle, the leftovers of their force just run to my capital with 2-3 troops, start a siege and put me in misery for the next 5 turns ( dealing with a complete disaster regarding food, money and public order all at the sudden) I can understand that a prolonged siege might cause devastating dmg, but a squishy quick aproach to a city with a depleted general and 2 militia units should not cause the hole economic system of Makedon to collapse. Even If I fortified an army near the citty they would just ignore it and go all the way around the fortification range just to siege, cripple my eco and then retreat because of my superior strenght.

This is just making annoying the hole economic growth, where the mod shines. I think when a building is damaged it should work with a 85% or 80% of its usual values( regarding money) and no reductions in food or public order, to make sieges cripple a little the eco, but without leaving you with 0 production. Right now Pella produces 9k gold and sustains half the food I produce, i guess big factions dont have this problem. Anyway as my troops are extremely good I can win battles with a crippled army easily. However in future updates this might make factions that cant win so easily in a very bad position to survive vs bigger kingdoms that will be throwing at them endless armies that will cause their eco to collapse, as it is happening to me with Makedon.

If this was intended then good job. Low eco will cripple me early game, and not rome or Egypt, but Seleucids will ensure a lenghty lategame xD.

Btw insanely good job this mod is beyond what I thought it could become.

Default Re: Makedon and Seleucid relation issues/building system issue.

Protecting the borders with spies and recruiting an army of cheap skirmishers to shut down threats before they reach the city should do the trick.

Macedon and Seleucids were bitter rivals but they settled their difference to take out Ptolemy's Asian regions. Dislike for one another makes sense but a non aggression alliance to balance would be fair.
    Last edited by mrsmile1015; May 24, 2018 at 01:04 AM.

Actually since the days of Antigonus II (the son of Demetrius Poliorcet, son of Antigonus the One Eyed) the Antigonid dynasty was in good relations with the Seleucids. Antigonus II tried for a very very brief stint to take some of Asia Minor but after a failed attempt he married Antiochs daughter (her name escapes me) and the two powers didnt really have any ill will (working together against the Ptolemies). If any bad blood ressurged it was after Philip V became a vasal to Rome and didnt help with the Seleucid-Rome clash at the time. So i would agree that the relationship between the two powers should be in better shape in the current timeframe of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientMind View Post
    If any bad blood ressurged it was after Philip V became a vasal to Rome and didnt help with the Seleucid-Rome clash at the time. So i would agree that the relationship between the two powers should be in better shape in the current timeframe of the mod.
    It's hard to say if Phillip's cooperation with the Romans was an honest commitment or just an act to buy some peaceful time for recovery, but either way he wouldn't welcome Seleucid meddling in Greece, which was always considered Macedonian sphere of influence all the way to the first Diadochii. And it is certain Phillip wanted to at least keep the status quo while his country was removed from the big game, in that way his interests surely coincided with Roman policy of enforced peace in the region.

The trick here is that Macedon-Seleucid relationships were on the different ends of the scale very close to the starting date of the mod. So I think it's not so relevant as what they were at exact point. It is more important how the team wanted them to treat each other as campaign unfolds and it is most likely they wouldn't be allies in the long run in our alternative history universe.