Thread: Alexander 1.31c Romani Crash 214BC

Default Alexander 1.31c Romani Crash 214BC

Keeps crashing on or after the rebel's turn on year 214. No, it's not a revolting settlement. I already went through literally every single settlement and checked. I found 2 and promptly used cheat codes to stop the revolts. It crashes regardless. I think I'm done with this mod. It was a good campaign too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Alexander 1.31c Romani Crash 214BC

Quote Originally Posted by Manitizer View Post
    Keeps crashing on or after the rebel's turn on year 214. No, it's not a revolting settlement. I already went through literally every single settlement and checked. I found 2 and promptly used cheat codes to stop the revolts. It crashes regardless. I think I'm done with this mod. It was a good campaign too.
    I downloaded your save and played it, I discovered this, have you been using romeshell cheats by any chance? if you have it looks like your money script is

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 23, 2018 at 03:22 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I downloaded your save and played it, I discovered this, have you been using romeshell cheats by any chance? if you have it looks like your money script is

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yes, I had to. It was the only way stop the AI cities from revolting(prevent a CTD), especially far flung provinces. I would buy them, decrease population, fast build happiness buildings, and either hold onto them for a turn until it stabilized, or gifted it back to the respective empires. Believe me, I don't like using cheats nor helping the AI micromanage its empires, but I experienced so many CTDs, I'm quite fed up. That particular quick save was just me trying to fix a repeatable CTD, so I gave myself a lot of gold just for that save. There are 2 regions, Axum(Lower Egypt) and Khiva(near Russia) which were about revolt, and I thought I had fixed it. But it's something else causing the CTD.

Yes, I had to. It was the only way stop the AI cities from revolting(prevent a CTD), especially far flung provinces. I would buy them, decrease population, fast build happiness buildings, and either hold onto them for a turn until it stabilized, or gifted it back to the respective empires. Believe me, I don't like using cheats nor helping the AI micromanage its empires, but I experienced so many CTDs, I'm quite fed up. That particular quick save was just me trying to fix a repeatable CTD, so I gave myself a lot of gold just for that save. There are 2 regions, Axum(Lower Egypt) and Khiva(near Russia) which were about revolt, and I thought I had fixed it. But it's something else causing the CTD.
    Did you know that using autosave and especially quicksave a few times can very often corrupt your script? a leftover from vanilla I'm afraid and probably what's been giving you issues
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 24, 2018 at 06:37 AM. Reason: typo

Oh, did not know that. Thanks. So, I'll just have to manually save from now on.

Oh, did not know that. Thanks. So, I'll just have to manually save from now on.
    I usually disable it in "preferences" with any mod I play to ensure I always manually save. I only leave it enabled when I'm testing
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 28, 2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo