Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [RTW HS] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Might need extension
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

The news of the defeats Macedons had have arrived us. This is something Rome can't ignore. The war at Greece must end, otherwise Rome will join the war and end it himself. If Greeks won't cede Syracuse to Rome and Athens to Macedons, they will face the consequances.

Macedon, what have you done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post

A small kingdom, yet our foes would do well to be wary of our swift and fierce warriors.
    Trifle naught with our interests and you will know naught but peace and prosperity by our side.

Death to Rome and let it be known that whoever march against Germania will be our brethren in all things.
    As an ally of Rome, their little puppet and plaything you make yourself our enemy in all things -
    how can there be anything but war between us?

Renounce this madness before it is too late.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

The proud Macedonian Kingdom, the sons and daughters of Alexander the Great stands at a waypoint. They may stand proudly and alone in the war with Sparta, a traitorous and violent people. Or they can see east, to their allies in the Anatolian peninsula. A people that live in the hard mountains and deserts, yet hungry for power and wealth. Or they can, as they have done get aid from the West. The Romans, who is this time of need sent help. But proudly as the Macedonians are, they understand when things are desperate. Their smart and quick thinking built them an empire, the greatest empire the world had ever seen. So the Spartans wants this conflict to escalate, they should prepare for total war!

Save sent to Egypt
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

We will honor our pledges to you, peace shall reign and we'll do what we can to aid you and your people.

We'll pray for you, seeing the err of your ways ...
    But an ally of Rome can never be an ally of ours.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

After the Seleucid Empire took Sidon last turn and destroyed our army assembled there, the Egyptian forces began to regroup and vowed to avenge their slain Pharaoh. The other Ptolemaic army in the field took the rebel held city of Damascus and a unit of cavalry prepared to join the forces besieging Sidon in preparation for the ultimate showdown.

Our valiant spy was able to reenter the recently captured city and to our surprise the entire Seleucid army had moved into the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spy Gates.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	355154

The regrouped Egyptian forces then attacked, taking the city and army assembled there by surprise. Our bows were able to rain fire down on the elephants and chariots assembled in the city forcing them to run amok. With the elephants and chariots out of the way, our bows were then able to fire on the vulnerable cataphracts and spears. Once we were out of arrows our forces entered the city and mopped up those that had avoided our arrows.

Name:	Sidon Battle 2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	355153

Our Land forces were not the only ones that won the day. While our army stormed the gates of Sidon, our fleet moved into strike the Seleucid navy. Just outside the port of Antioch, our fleet caught up with the Seleucid fleet and won an astounding victory.

Name:	NAVAL BATTLE.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	355155

As war rages in the east, it seems a new war has begun between the Spartans and the Macedonians in the west. Macedon must renounce this so called alliance with Rome and cede Athens to its rightful ruler, the Greeks, or their shall be bad blood between us.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I have to say I'm very much enjoying reading these posts, keep up the great work lads!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Indeed, I'll Rep those who made the effort of writing RP however small.. keep it up!

Who needs rep?

Give me gold or better still, men!
    Do so and I'll give you a real spectacle.

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

I dont know if anyone has addressed this but there appears to be a glitch in the game where I spawn a generals bodyguard unit on my units that are running around without a general in the army on the next turn. It has now happened two separate times. The only explanation I can think of is that a rebel unit attacked them and I won therefore spawning the general but this is not the case because I dont have any additional victories in my battles. Maybe family members are coming of age and they are placing them with armies with no general? Seems unlikely to have two family members come of age this early in the game.

So I will be the first one to say this has happened to me and it needs to be fixed because it is overpowered. If it happens to anyone else, please come forward because I want to see if this is just a problem with Egypt or if its a problem with the campaign. I haven't used any of these generals in battle because they have both spawned in Egypt in case that's an issue.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

I know it happened to the seleucids, so yes, even I ask that that if this have happened to somebody, they tell me, because this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Blog Entries

Please refrain from playing until we've looked into this. Please report in if you have encountered it aswell. Also, anyone heard anything from Oathsworn? If not, Spain is open
    Last edited by King Athelstan; October 03, 2018 at 07:04 AM.
    and Peaman

Fallen through an undertow
    A blue bird’s song finds home

And everything I had ever dreamed
    Was fairy tale of some fiend that had
    Broken into all that was sacred

They took us in with all they had
    Well she was loved and kept
    Not much, though, we’d lost what we had
    We went through everything, learned all we could

Blood was shed for a distant thought
    A distant dream, something wrought

Last edited by Mithridate; October 03, 2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: TWC is glitchy as all :wub:ing hell - garbage

A new rule is to be added until the general spawn bug can be fixed..

- Settlement or forts can't be besieged to deny enemy reinforcements or to deny enemy retreat.

- Any spy can only open gates once per turn

- "Glitched" generals (Those that spawn on units which does not have generals and are out in the open) can't be used to make watchtowers or forts the turn they spawned

Mergor forgot to add the first rule before the hotseat started.
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 03, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I don't think anyone noticed that new added first rule wasn't there. Its in every single hotseat, I myself consider it as an exploit anyway.

Blog Entries

We play on with the new rules, Mergor knows the trigger and will look further into it. Till then, play on
    and Peaman

I will sub ArBo and do my turn tomorrow, so extension needed.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Gaul 03 up!

I'd like to suggest, treating Draws as they are in Medieval II - Defeats. To prevent people sallying out to do devestating damage vs overwhelming odds. It prevents general sniping and such annoying things. Send me a PM if you too want this or oppose it, I'll tally it up and raise it with the admin if people overwhelmingly or all of us want the change.

Ofc, it is not retroactive but would apply from a new turn once we've agreed upon it - should we do so.

I look forward to my turn, please speed up fellas ^^

Reminder sent