Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Armenia up!

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I've given this hotseat a chance and tried to get into it but i've not been enjoying it, so therefore i'm going to resign from this hotseat.

props to mergor for getting me to try rome total war hotseating but it wasnt as fun as i'd hope for, might be the game or it might be that i joined a hotseat that has been going on for a while

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

We might already have a new Armenian player, so a bit of patients and we can continue with the very good turn times.

It's not to be sadly, Egypt will do a proper sub tomorrow.

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Subbed

Several OO boat battles

sending turn forward

It was the summer of 236BC and the romans had again stolen the march on the greek cities, at striking at the weakened people of Macedonia who had bravely taken a stand in helping the greek defence in the northern mountains. They could have stayed silence , but these valiant people , who chosen to stand by there Hellenic brothers, the greeks . Larrisa was stormed with a mighty force , and again Corinth was assaulted by the Roman faction leader, who after taking the city withdrew to safety , leaving a garrison of equites to rule this greek city.

But the people of Corinth were unhappy at yet another roman attack , and it took little effort for the greek spies to enter , the city, the populace , allowing them protection in there own homes, until the counterattack would come , and after the hot summer sun beat , down , the greeks were ready to mount another operation. The spies did their work well , jamming open the doors to city, and the company of rhodian slingers, and armoured hoplites moved into the city , receiving some fire from the gatehouse. Some greeks were left around the structure of the gatehouse as they ran forward, into the close streets and took a breath before moving onto the city square were the equites alerted to the greek attack , mounted their horses and prepared to defend the settlement.

Close to the square the hoplites , positioned and braced themselfs whilst the slingers, took to the rooftops of the housing , provoking the roman cavalry to come out from skulking in the city square where the open space was much to their advantage. Stones pelted down from the rooftops , felling horses or riders, and the equites withstood 2 volleys before they turned and rode to confront the greek forces, riding out into the narrow streets. Turning the corner , they found the streets filled with the bronze wall of the armoured hoplites . Nobody could say that the riders were cowards thou, and they drove hard into the formation knocking many hoplites from their feet. But the formation had'nt broken , and soon the indentations was pushed out , all the while , the hoplite poking away with their spears , felling rider after rider.

The Equites retreated to the square despairing at the losses , but a few swift slingshots brought them back to battle , where they routed at the sign of the advancing hoplite formation , before surrendering the city back to the greeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retaking of corinth.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	358723

From the city of Corinth , the greeks observed the Corinth straits observing the reinforcement chain for roman forces, being shipped down to there front, and decided to mount a limited operation against the City of Larissa in memory of the brave Macedonians. Forces were assembled from Athens , and marched down to the city, greek spies , were eagerly greeted within the city , and it took little effort , [with the macedonian peoples help] to pin open the four gates of the city , whilst the inferior greek forces [outnumbered two to one] observed the defenders who covered all the gates, and had a sizable contingent defending the gate the greeks had camped outside of.

Cretan archers were moved that night and approached the gate from the far west, under the cover of dark , hiding within the long grass until the night of day. Yet again the full company of town militia stood at the gate in defence, and the cretan archers famous in there own right at their skill with the weapons , unleashed torrent after torrent of arrows with decent accuracy at maximum range, as the defenders of the gate , began to fall one by one , until with but a few town militia left, the cretan's shouldered their bows, running through the gates , to finish of the militia and stormed the walls.

The gatehouse was now controlled by the greeks who now moved there forces into the city using this most important of footholds, and the roman defenders, who still had sufficient troops began to fall back to the square , as the two hoplite units began to form up , as the cretans began to control the walls, and greek militia cavalry moved its position to enter the city. It was at this time , the defenders [romans] decided to mount a offensive attack to destroy the two hoplite units , and a battle formed in the streets of the city. Macedonian citizens took to the roofs of there town houses, throwing down tiles or other construction materials upon the marching roman troops , who found it catastrophic to fight against the greek hoplite formations within the city. Romans, fell against the bronze shields , some pinned against the twin companies of hoplites , who acted like a buzzsaw, cutting down , all the attacking troops , until three companies of romans lie , dead for little loss. In the confusion the greek militia cavalry entered the square from a different angle, running down weakened roman companies at the rear , with perhaps the ballista crew being first tramped over, from the swift and light cav.

The roman's commander more fearful now , knew the numbers of those he was fighting was more equal now, ..he had lost his archers, his ballista , and all that remained where two units of hastati , and these he knew where sufficient to win the day, so he kept within the square , hoping to lure the greeks forward. The greek hoplites more confident at the meager losses the romans had inflicted upon them , ignored the calls from the cretans to wait , moving slowly to the last confrontation , pushing back the remnants of the other roman companies as they tried but failed to stop the greek hoplite formation juggernaut from the reaching the square.

The two companies of hoplites [one armoured , one normal] took up position at the edge of the square, fighting off the remnants of the roman companies and seeing a slight advantage of position the hastati charged and meet them at the edge of the square . For a moment the hastati charge impacted deep, and hoplites were began to be pushed back , when there was a slight toot of a greek horn from the rear, and the half company of greek miltita cavalry sallied out from behind a bend , entered the square at the gallop and smashed against the rear of the romans formation. Hastati turned and began to fight back to back , felling multiple riders, and they looked only a breath away from routing the weak light cavalry , as they still pushed the romans defenders closer together into one pocket.

"Prokatavolí!"{advance!} said the armoured hoplite commander, and the hoplites that had just been content to contain the roman's troops attack , yelled out in unison , locking feet, and began stabbing in unison , began to push forward into the compacted line. Sandwiched between hoplites and cavalry, the romans , were slowly ground to pieces, and none surrendered, for none would face shaming themselfs in front of there own companions of the legion.

The people of Larissa , in honour of the macedanion people erected a large black banner in the city square, and masons began to carve out the image of the macedonian leader, in his heyday, so that the people of this once great race, could remember their times of glory , and keep the memory.

Name:	battle of larissa.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	484.9 KB 
ID:	358724

Also on the waters south of the greekcoast there was some naval combat and the sinking of a isolated Carthaginian vessels as the fight for sea's continued with abandon.

Name:	gk naval 1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	358725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gk naval battle 2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	358726

Turn sent to admin [to be sent for spain]
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Spain still can't post on the forum, but it was sent to rome

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I have a very important exam on Monday. I need extension until then.

Will have to sub Rome, so extension needed.

I've made a new account and this one seems working fine. I can communicate here now.

The new Spanish player (GeneRombo of Antwerp)

Seems like life finds a way, now I had to cancel subbing halfway through due to something coming up irl. Zender will do it in the end with a bit of lateness.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Save sent to Egypt.

Athens:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...68172043/1.png
    Sparta:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...06610708/2.jpg
    German Fort:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...41460491/3.jpg
    German Fort Bribe:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...90314842/4.jpg
    German Army:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...69461507/7.jpg
    German Assassin:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...61681670/5.jpg
    German Diplomat:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...10948866/6.jpg
    Fleet after Sparta falls:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...47681792/8.jpg

And there are bunch of fleeing ship naval battles everywhere. No one needs their pics I suppose.
    Its interesting I couldn't manually won againts Germany. Those Gothic Knights and Berserkers are a bit elite againts even my general bodyguards.

Yet there is a state that concerns everyone; I don't know if any one you had this too, but some of my generals got duplicated. Exact copies. Yet unseperable. There are two ways to deal with them, you use them together, or you try to seperate them and the general dies but you get a general bodyguard unit (not general). Using 2 generals although you can't seperate them might be a huge advantage considering this is a manual battle hotseat. But at the same time forcing the general to die is a huge disadvantage as well. I played fairly this turn and forced my general to die after Mergor promised me that he will pass the traits to another general. For the sake of hotseat to just continue. But this duplication bug can happen to anyone, and at some point even tho you pass the traits you still lose the general. Unless someone knows a valid solution to deal with this, I ask your opinions about whether we should use them or let them die and pass the traits?

For the sake of understanding this issue, I've made some pictures of this.

Picture one is where everything is "normal" and the generals work fine in a sense that they can build forts, move, or do anything really, without issues. However, problems starts when you want to separate the generals into separate units, which you can see on the second picture, where the game does a "merging" animation, and the second (copied) general completely vanishes. After this the general is 100% usable until a reload, where, as you can tell in the third picture, it turns into a dead general unit, (and you get a heroic death event) and if you do anything with it, like just click on the unit card, the game crashes. If you now, however, save and reload again, you get the forth picture, where the general turns into a general bodyguards unit, similar to size and experience to the now dead general.

As far as I can tell this must be in correlation with the other strange bug we have, the one where generals spawn on units which are standing in the open without a general as long as you are not over your general limit, but as to the cause of this, I absolutely have no idea how something like this could ever-ever happen. (Maybe, just maybe, since the other bug is about getting a man of the hour fm on the units, it can trigger on any random unit/general and it will make a man of the hour out of the already existing general, copying it.)

But anyway, I might have to go to Gigantus over this, in the meantime, what I proposed were already written down by zender, with the small adition that to avoid just killing every general, they won't need to be converted until they are used to do something. Still luckily for us, this doesn't happen always and to anyone, so a disaster is still averted.

Turn sent to Carthage

Several Naval Battles, 2 assassinations, 2 bribes, and spy on gates of Lepcis Magna (battle had OO)

https://imgur.com/a/C88VGFJ

Extension needed here too sadly

Save sent to gaul
    single pic tomorrow

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Armenia up!

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Armenia subbed.

Athens retken with OO. Will provide pics of spies, an assassination and a few boat battles tomorrow.