Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Egypt sent me the save, I sent the save to Gauls.

I sent the save to the German player

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Will need an extension. I’m moving to Michigan and will only be able to play Saturday night or Sunday
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Got the save, but almost forgot to do it.
    Armenia up!

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

I subbed Armenia

https://imgur.com/a/r4qbtE2

was sent forward

The greek summer was glorious and the crop yields were productive , but the war in the west, was quiet for the greeks with the egyptians [as far as they knew] making adequate ground on the roman mainland. Little news had come from the romans land , and the greeks had little agents or ships nearby thus their news abroad was rather lacking , for the moment , as they struggled to see the overall picture of how the war was progressing.

Apart from that little activity , from the greeks as they rebuilt their own naval and ground forces from the decimation of the roman invasion proceeded apace , with hoplites training in squares , ports upgraded , and ships being bult , as the greeks spent their time productivity for the moment ..

turn sent to Spain/Admin
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Save file sent to Rome

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Capua taken back, and an Egyptian spy killed in segestica. Turn sent to Egypt on discord on Friday night. I forgot to post it here.

Bigger extension granted to Epic due to irl work & stuff

Real life and work overrules hotseats, so sadly Epic won't be able to continue playing. I wouldn't want them subbed, so I'll get a new player here and then we continue

sumosimon might switch from Gaul to Egypt, we will have an answer by tomorrow. I am sorry this takes so long, there are so many hotseats in other communities, it is almost impossible to find a player.

Update: I am still searching for a player, but we agreed with Epic that he will play the next 3 Egypt turns if he finds the time. If he manages to overwhelm me and Rome, then hotseat is over already so whatever, but if he don't I can hopefully find a player in 1~ month

Well, that didn't happen.

The state of this HS is the following: Neither Egypt, nor Armenia has a player, (The Armenian player left every hotseat elsewhere, so I don't think this one is different) and since basically everyone is at war with them, (save for paladinbob, but asking him to do both and his would be sadistic) subbing is impossible.

Not only that, I've been advertising these spots for a loooot of time, and the appeal of a late game monstrosity of these two nations isn't exactly great. Also, that this is a Rome hotseat, doesn't work either. In other words: there are simply no one interested in taking the factions.

I've talked with Epic (again) and he is willing to do one last turn as a favor I asked him, where he can achieve victory conditions by the game's definition. Considering the entire west is at war with him, this wouldn't really be a victory, one mistake and the faction would be beaten back, but this solution would be a better-than-nothing one to close the hotseat. Of course, I need your opinions on this too.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I don't mind that
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

in two minds about this ...as i was hoping to betray the Egyptians , if i could just get a armenia player who stayed and would negotiate , as i felt the Egyptians were getting to powerful..but i understand perhaps the pressure mergor is under , with little interest from players in this communityfor this hotseat [which i was enjoying]...so I would perhaps let egypt have the win...as he did much to beat the seleucids [which seemed to fold a little to early in my opinion] and he had some great diplomacy but without the players , he is perhaps the winner for lack of players to contest him [shrugs]

so lets end it here, and move on....[perhaps words i tend to use far to often for hotseats it seems] where many players just tend to disappear or give-up when things are looking bad...to bring about a unfortunate end , to what i think was a highly entertaining hotseat, for which i thank mergor and all the other admins for .....

PBOB
    Last edited by paladinbob123; November 08, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

It was really nice and fun playing this RTW hotseat which was my first RTW hotseat also. And despite I don't really like manual battle hotseats since some people can win unfairly battles, it was fun testing RTW AI and have the old memories of RTW years back. As for the hotseat, I lost the interest because of many player changes and pauses. When you fight againts a player for 10 turn and then they leave and you fight againts another for another 10 turn, it doesn't feel right in my opinion. Especially when there is an obvious skill difference between the players. So, I had real good time, but this one has to end. Thanks everyone.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Its probably better to end this hotseat, so I don't mind if Epic does his turn and gets the ingame victory.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We can end the hotseat if there is no motivation to continue amongst the players. It's a shame these days now that every hotseat is getting prematurely ended as players just leave and disappear....
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great