Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [RTW HS] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Going to sub Rome tomorrow as his ally.

Furthermore, after extensive searching for players, I asked Dragon to sub Gaul until we have a new player for the in the end. But there are also two new players, Armenia will be played by yourtotalwarmaster and Spain by Goggleboyplayz (Discord name) who does not have a TWC account as of yet.

Done, save sent to macedon, pics later.

Let's revitalize this hotseat folks

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2ng59ta62/
    Last edited by Mergor; April 22, 2019 at 10:56 AM.

captainnorway is our new Dacia player, OP updated

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Turn sent to Egypt
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Turn onto Carthage. Welcome to the new players and best of luck!

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Just wanted to say that me and armenia has swapped factions

Gauls up

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Germania up!

Bribed a roman fort:
    https://imgur.com/a/1nqPuXT

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Save passed to dragon.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I am really sorry people, for some reason after I did the gaul turn I was like I am down with the bretonnia turn aswell, so I don't need to pay attention atleast for a week. And this happened even when themzr sent me the save in discord. I am sorry about it and I don't have access to the game itself on my laptop, so I can do my turn on sunday evening only. Mergor already said he allows this for now.

EDIT: Armenia up!
    Last edited by General Dragon.; May 05, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Dacia up
    nothing much to report after the first turn, but it looks like it's going to be a fun hs

ps: it's my first rome tw hs so play nice with me

received dacian turn [although it is still on dacia] received turn yestaday and sent a email asking do you wish me to proceed? as i dont know wether this is the dacia beginning of the turn or after the player has saved changes..

I will await confirmation from that player as to his position ..if i receive no responce by tommorow, i will assume , the turn he sent was after his movement , end the turn , and then do my turn, and assume all is ok
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

As yet , i have had no responce from the player , and therefore will "end" the turn of dacian that i have received, and progress to do my turn to have it done by tommorow morning

The summer started off with the forces of the roman's attacking the city of Thermon on the coast , and the roman family general took the settlement from the macedonians, destroying there forces and taking the settlement for his own , with a single company of archers, sending back requests from Rome , to report his success and advancing his career . Such a move could not be bourne from the greek free peoples , and a message was sent north to inform the elderly spartan king of a decision to mount a offensive to regain the city , for the Macedonian peoples and to protect the greek northern coastline.

Forces from nearby greek forts/cities marched along the coastal road , where they were meet by some mercenary peltasts , and together the force assaulted the town of Thermon with its roman general , Tiberius in command. The gates were open thanks to two spies , one greek and one roman deserter who helped out , as the militia hoplites moved up the street, using there large shields to resist the effects of the archers arrows. The Roman general indignant that mere militia hoplites were his main foe, sallied out , raising his sword, high , charging at the units, who again took formation and lowered there spears. The initial charge bit deep, but the narrowness of the street helped much to restrict his charge, as the hoplites began to hold there ground , despite there fears, and the mercenary peltasts began to shower the enemy general with missiles .

Suddenly the roman general was bought low , as his mount , was felled by a hoplite spear, and a great moan came from the roman troopers , as there morale sank. The cavalry kept up the fight for some minutes more , and another ten riders were felled before there morale broke and they retreated back to the square. The mercenary peltasts howled a shout of victory charging forward into the now exposed roman archers, and although , both sets of fighters only had light weapons , the peltasts had large shields giving them a significant advantage in melee, as they tore up the archers, cutting them down , easily . The roman cavalry returned , and the few that remained cut deep with a quick charge into the mercenary peltasts killing some and flooring others, before the shear numbers of the mercenaries began to tell , and the last of the riders, fell. After seeing the last of the riders fall , the archers , after heavy losses called it quits and surrendered the city back to the greeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retake of thermon.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	520.0 KB 
ID:	358160

-------------------------------------

The elderly spartan king Kleomenes, who was now in his sixties , flexed his muscles after the regular exercises he and his men , did every morning , and felt the number of years on him , his skin was taunt on his gaunt frame , but he still had wiry muscle which meant he was still able to swing a sword, although riding these mounts did save him from walking , which was decidedly unspartan in its outlook.A messenger came , passing him the news that Thermon had again fell , and it seemed that roman state was renewing its offensive against Greece , and also the message said that the other greek states would respond to that action , with a counterattack. Knowing that his position above the Macedonian states served two purposes , one to protect the northern flank of macedon , there new allies, and second , to perhaps flank the roman forces on the western coastline.

"Telemachos! Ready the horses for travel ....ready the men , and call in all nearby companies of men ....i think there is a peltast company nearby we can call on..bring them as well.....We prepare to head westwards through the mountain passes against Rome!", shouted the Spartan King , rousing himself and the rest of the cavalry companies to action.

It took only a few hours ride, heading westwards before they saw the newly built wooden roman fort, that blocked the route into the western coastline , and the cavalry took positions away back from the fort, as they awaited the peltast company which arrived in the late hours of the evening. Little was done , as the spartan forces, cooked a meal of oats, gruel and blood, in the basic metal pot to the disgust of the rest of the greek ally's but they each took there portions of food for the moment , hoping if they would have victory against rome , hoping for captured provisions.

The spartans were up before the dawn , preparing with exercises, and talking tactics with there allies , before they approached the fort, and the roman garrison was surprised to see that during the night , the two roman civilians they had taken in , were turned people, and were serving the greek cause , jamming open all the small gates to the wooden fort , before leaving them vulnerable to the greek forces.

The battle itself was short and sweet , as without pilum or other defenses, the spartan's attacked them with javelins at a distance , forcing the town militia to charge, where they were surrounded by greek cavalry , which took easily victory in one giant decisive charge, leaving them with little prisoners.

Name:	strike at fort by king.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	516.2 KB 
ID:	358161

The peltasts were exhausted after there long march , towards the fort, so what little prisoners had been taken were left with them , as the spartan king moved his small cavalry force into the plain , on the coastline of illyria , scouts were sent out , and returned reporting a large roman army featuring the flags of several important roman individuals [two in the army group , and one in the nearby city] . The force unfortunately was far greater than the two small companies of militia cavalry, and the additional twenty men of a greek light cavalry unit, but his own bodyguard featured ninety five men of his own city , spartans companions of the king, who had spent all there lives training for battle and nothing else. After all the , spartan king mused, had'nt he rode northwards in search of a final battleground, to end his life, so people could remember his life in the manner he died , rather that him , falling in health back home , and dying in bed. He kicked his horse, a little , a the horse snorted looked back at him in annoyance , grinning at his stubborn horse, that he had picked as being like him , he shouted out to his men , to follow him into battle one last time , and to scourge the roman threat from the shores near the macedonian homeland .

The roman army group looked on in disbelief as the small greek cavalry force emerged from the mountains and began to prepare for battle.

"Those idiots are prepared to attack ! Assemble the men!" , shouted out Titus Cincius who looked to his fellow General , Vibius , who was rapidly lifting his armour onto his frame .

"Send a message to the garrison commander at Apollonia , Amuluis should be able to rapidly bring his cavalry to bear! ....Make haste!" , said Titus , hitting the back of the messenger horse as it spend on its way.

The roman force was by no means easy to defeat as it outnumbered the greeks five to one , as it began to assemble with three and half full companies of hastati , one company of mercenary hoplites , one company of velites , one of ballista , two half strength companies of triarii and one half company of archers , and one company of town militia bring up the rear. On the two flanks however , the two roman generals with their own bodyguard placed themselfs, keeping the army moving forward, whilst another roman general rode out from the nearby city hoping to attack the greeks in the flank. The terrain was however not in there favor as the greeks held the high terrain near the mountains as opposed to the low ground near the sea the roman's had camped on, and therefore the roman army would suffer and lose great stamina in its climb to attack.

Seeing the lone roman general [and his bodyguard and his staff] approaching from the side, the elderly spartan king wanted to attack that first, but as he rode out , he commanded the militia cavalry to skirmish the slowly advancing roman army to slow them down , but plans changed rapidly as the roman general , Vibius rode out to combat the annoying javelin throwing cavalry of the greeks , and this was a threat that had to be dealt with urgently. Swerving the greek cavalry , charged direction , and charged the roman general downhill using the slope . To make matters worse, the militia cavalry turned on the roman's and struck the isolated roman's from the front , and shouts of deaths were heard on the hillside. The roman general hit by some of the best trained cavalry in the area, surrounded with nowhere to go , disintegrated, with half of his men falling in a few seconds , and he himself falling shortly after, leading to the rout of his men.

The roman army sent some infantry to press the cavalry to look for revenge , but the light greek cavalry used to the high ground on the hillside darted away. Titus on the right side of the roman army's was still slow marching uphill and ordered the archers forward , but as this was happening, one of the greek militia cavalry swiftly rode around the roman army, striking down the ballista crew still struggling to bring the artillery up. The roman archers however , were charged down from the other militia cavalry and this resultant action lead to the roman general , Titus coming out , to combat the militia cavalry which in turn was charged by the exultant spartan king , who charged this general hitting him in the flank .

"Kill them all! ", said Kleomenes , his face spattered with red blood and glore , looking for all the world as if a otherwordly demon , "Spartans! Greeks ! Break though them!"

Titus's cavalry disappeared one by one , as the heavy cavalry of the greek's in there hoplite uniforms hacked them down with the kopis sword sending romans all around them to the underworld , and little did Titus see the effort from the small squad of light greek cavalry until it hit his unit in the flank, with one of the rider's, flooring the roman general with its spear catching him in the stomach, sending him dying to the floor, and the rest of this cavalry breaking from the field.

It was at this point , all the greek cavalry regrouped on the hill , the roman battlegroup had scattered somewhat, in trying to pin down the greek rapid movement on the field, but Kleomenes spotted the last remaining general still was separated from the main roman force rapidly approaching from the flank , and so the greeks centered there cavalry on the lone general and his bodyguard, bringing them to a halt, and surrounding them ,hacking all down, allowing no survivors to escape, and leaving the city of Apollonia empty of defense.

The rest of the roman army although tired, still pushed on in drips and drabs , and the equally tired greeks took there time picking off one unit after another , archers , town militia , hastati , all were charged down , with only the persistent triarii were left, and they tried to make a withdrawal to the nearby city to fight again. By this time , the triarii were in a exhaustive state , and Kleomenes took his own bodyguard charging one half strength company down from behind , and the other was hit from a militia cavalry which seems enough to break the broken roman's.

The spartan king raised his Kopis high into the air , praising Zeus and Athena for the victory , with all of the rest of the cavalry joining in the cries of jubilation.....at last the western coastline was clear of romans , and three of the roman's main generals had fallen this day in battle, no matter what was the response to come , he Kleomenes, King of the Spartans, had made his mark on history , and for his family . A rider was sent south , to tell the rest of the greek's to the south of the greek victory of three hundred and twenty two greeks had beaten a army of near fifthteen hundred romans .

Name:	herioc spartan king rides out.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	509.8 KB 
ID:	358162

Turn to be sent to Spain &/or {admin}
    Last edited by paladinbob123; May 15, 2019 at 06:20 PM.

Uhh..... One time I sub Rome and this happens. This defeat hurts a lot pbob xD I think I know how you pulled it off but it must have been hard to do, so congratulations.

Btw, another thing. There is this guy Melkor how does rather succesful timelapses on youtube, a lot gaining +10k plus views. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOc...y9KXsog/videos
    We have talked and if no one has a problem with this, he will either make summaries of every 10 turns, or a big one at the end with a timelapse of this HS. I think this is absolutely great and I don't think any of you would have a problem with this but if you have any, write them down please. Otherwise we'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Uhh..... One time I sub Rome and this happens. This defeat hurts a lot pbob xD I think I know how you pulled it off but it must have been hard to do, so congratulations.
    It is little known but i was a member of the [HEAVEN] clan [invited by biscuits and i think i am on some of his vids] which was one of the clans fighting battles and 31k team fights on rtw back in the days....just before gamespy came to its end [winks] so i have some skill on this engine...although i didnt receive training from the greats like Kleo and the Greek clan which held there secrets well

i think this was one of my better efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Btw, another thing. There is this guy Melkor how does rather succesful timelapses on youtube, a lot gaining +10k plus views. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOc...y9KXsog/videos
    We have talked and if no one has a problem with this, he will either make summaries of every 10 turns, or a big one at the end with a timelapse of this HS. I think this is absolutely great and I don't think any of you would have a problem with this but if you have any, write them down please. Otherwise we'll do it.
    sound like fun , i shall have a look , and wish him well in his channel [grins]
    Last edited by paladinbob123; May 11, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

Rome 12 up, the spanish player I got joined then left lol

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Carthage

Unwashed barbarians cannot be allowed to march on the center of civilization and the cultural heartland of the civilized world that is Greece. Thus because of our shared blood and ideals, Ptolemaic Egypt feels an obligation to our kin and vows to push the barbarian Dacians back across the Danube.

Thessaloniki taken -

Name:	Thessalonica battle.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	358206

Name:	Thessalonica spies.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	358207
    Last edited by Epic Total war; May 16, 2019 at 11:38 AM.