Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    If you want peace, prepare for war...

DISCLAIMER! You either need RTW on steam, or on a win7 or older operation system to guarantee it properly working. If you have a retail version, use the CD key to add it to steam.

THE MAP

*Caralis doesn't start with Carthage. I'm too lazy to do a new map.

Admin: King Athelstan
    Co-admin: PeaMan

Roman Republic - zender9
    Macedon - Dead (REDBOOSTY)
    Egypt - Epic Total War
    The Seleucid Empire - Dead (ArBo)
    Carthage - Mergor
    Gaul - sumosimon
    Germania - themzr
    Britannia - General Dragon.
    Armenia - Cherno Alpha
    Dacia - yourtotalwarmaster
    The Greek Cities - paladinbob123
    Spain - GeneRombo

CULTURE GROUPS

LATIN
    (Roman Republic)
    + Good military infrastructure, good generals
    + Can expand in every way
    + No weaknesses

PHONECIAN
    (Carthage)
    + Good naval infrastructure, strong, big fleet
    + Big treasury

- Settlements are far from each other

WESTERN HELLENIC
    (The Greek Cities, Macedon)
    + Stone walled cities, good civic infrastructure
    + High population, fast development

- Weak starting armies

EASTERN
    (Armenia, Egypt, Seleucid Empire)
    + Capable fleet, army, infrastructure
    + Strong unit rooster, elephants, chariots

- Empty treasury

BARBARIAN
    (Dacia, Spain, Gaul, Germania, Britannia)
    + Strong agents from the start
    + Numerous, big armies

- Bad infrastructure

The "How's"

How does it work?
    With scripts, you can make hotseats in Rome: Total War. There is a catch however. While the scripts doesn’t let you randomly see an other player’s turn, there are no passwords. Thus, it is very easy to cheat and check any turn you like.

How do you make it work?
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ab-svVxTcaEFcz_KwC-IF2YaifzKry0I
    Download these files, and overwrite if nessecary.

How do you prevent cheating?
    While there isn’t a foolproof way to prevent cheating (There isn’t one in M2TW either) there are ways to make it so that one doesn’t cheat "randomly". More details are in rules under "Special rules". This HS will test TWC's playerbase's trustfulness, and I won't shy away from disallowing players from joining if necessary.

The Rules

Any major rulebreak's consequence is kicking from the hotseat.

I declare that the right to change rules if players voted on it are possible.

Special rules, and using the scripts
    - Every save must be sent to the admin and to the next player in a private message. Post only the next faction’s name and the turn number on the thread itself.
    - To enable any of said scripts, you need to press F1 on your keyboard, click on the question mark, and then on „show me how”.
    - When ending your turn, activate the script, end your turn, then save. That save will be the next player’s turn.

Diplomacy
    - Every diplomatic action is instant, "forced" and takes place on your turn, using the scripts.
    - When using the script for diplomacy, make sure to do it with a freshly started game. Otherwise, the script may not work.
    - Put every offer you have into the scroll, then press the question mark, then „show me how”. After that, the other faction should accept the agreement.
    - You need to make pictures of any and all of your diplomatic actions. Both parties have to agree that that diplomatic action have been agreed upon.

General Rules
    - Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if needed
    - If you are late with no notification you will be subbed or skipped by the admin. Do not expect the admin to spend a lot of time on your turn.
    - If you need to be subbed/skipped too often you will be replaced.
    - No exploits/bugs allowed
    -No exploiting the AI

Military Rules
    - Battles can be played manually or be auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in fortifications (fort/settlement) when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - Not allowed to sally out if the result is a defeat
    - You are not allowed to post a losing Naval Battle.
    - Settlement or forts can't be besieged to deny enemy reinforcements or to deny enemy retreat.
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port
    - You need at least 1:2 odds or higher to win a naval battle
    - "Small" and "medium" elephants may brake down level 1 walls. "Heavy" elephants may brake down level 2 walls only.
    - Any siege equipment can attack all walls.
    - Watchtowers are not allowed to be constructed.
    - You are not allowed to attack players which has not played their first turn yet.
    - "Glitched" generals (Those that spawn on units which does not have generals and are out in the open) can't be used to make watchtowers or forts the turn they spawned

Agent Rules
    - Spies can get in with any % but an overall 45% chance to open the gates is needed with pictures as a proof
    - Assassins can kill agents and sabotage with any % but are not allowed to kill generals of family members
    - Agent cap for "Latin" "Phonecian" "Eastern" and "Hellenic" factions is 8 spies, 2 assasins. For every 2 regions you control, starting from 4 regions, the agent cap rises +2 +1. (4-> 8s 2a | 6->10s 3a)
    Agent cap for "Barbarian" factions is 10 spies, 4 assasins. For every 2 regions you control, starting from 4 regions, the agent cap rises +2 +1.
    - Every diplomat can only make 1 bribe per turn.

Settlement Rules
    - When receiving a region through diplomacy all units except 1 must be disbanded.
    Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:
    - If the settlement is under siege
    - A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement
    - You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns
    - You are not allowed to exterminate settlements

Last edited by Mergor; August 17, 2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Player list updated

Default Re: [RTW HS] Si Vic Pacem, Para Bellum

PLACEHOLDER 1

Also, I personally wish to play in the HS, so feel free to join as an admin.

My picks: Carthage, The Seleucid Empire, Macedon
    Last edited by Mergor; May 21, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I pick Seleucids, Germania and Carthage This should be very interesting. If nobody else offers, I can potentially admin
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I would join but I told myself I'd never join a manual battle.hotseat after the last time

That said I can admin if one is needed but you should ask more experienced admins first to take the role.
    Last edited by PeaMan; May 21, 2018 at 04:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    I would join but I told myself I'd never join a manual battle.hotseat after the last time

That said I can admin if one is needed but you should ask more experienced admins first to take the role.
    Well, how does one gain experience to become an experienced admin?
    and Peaman

By admining I suppose but it's something I've never done hench why I said someone more experience (someone who knows how to) should take it.

But I'm all for learning how to and will admin if needed

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Dacia, Rome

My favorite theme hotseats are spreading!
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; August 28, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

nvm
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; May 23, 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

I want to join and any faction is ok for me but if I really have to choose then: Rome, Greeks, Pontus.

Blog Entries

Peaman, how about I admin and you co-admin then? So you won't be thrown into the water, but I can still throw some responsibility in your direction
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Peaman, how about I admin and you co-admin then? So you won't be thrown into the water, but I can still throw some responsibility in your direction
    Sounds good to me .

Isn't it better to use some MTW2 mod insteed of Rome (Europa Barbaroum 2 or de Bello Mundi)? I asking from simple curiosity as I am not interested in manual battles HS either way.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Isn't it better to use some MTW2 mod insteed of Rome (Europa Barbaroum 2 or de Bello Mundi)? I asking from simple curiosity as I am not interested in manual battles HS either way.
    I'm already planning a DBM hotseat and a possible EB2 scenario but it's gonna take some time.

This however does offer the chance to test our players temptation to cheat so it's more as a study rather than anything else.

It's not about the historical setting and stuff. Ancient Conquest and their bretherins are still M2TW. This is RTW, the original one, and the game actually works different then M2TW.
    Last edited by Mergor; July 07, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I don't want to nit-pick, but I believe it's "Si vis pacem, para bellum" (second person singular indicative praesens of velle)

I'd go Carthage, Macedon, Greece on the factions.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Geat work there. Shame Im really busy due to school in the upcoming weeks, but maybe I find some time...

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Would love to join in on this, but sadly I am travelling 11/06-10/07 so would miss out

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

After some temptation from the creator itself I will join. I will go with Britannia, Greece, Pontus
    Last edited by General Dragon.; May 24, 2018 at 02:53 AM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Armenia/Pontus, Egypt, Greek Cities

Mergor will add Catapults afaik to all the barbarian factions.
    Elephants should not be allowed to be used as siege equipment or banned ( because cav movement ).

Those need to be addressed imo.

I'd like % requirement for infiltration over opening gates but, but Mergor opposes this - thoughts on this ppl?
    We'd require assassin % added then as well and it may well work without any of these rules.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast