Thread: Noob Needs Help (modding question)

Default Noob Needs Help (modding question)

Hi, my name is Sturges. I am such a noob in modding.

But in the last 24 hours, I get it to install the Pack File Manager, which I already used, to install the Total War Assembly Kit, which I didnt use until now, to download the latest Database Schema and the Updates from Dresden in "Tools, Tutorials and Resources" section.

In the PFM I already get it to change some values from some tables in my taste of playstyle. I also get it to "mod" inside the mods from other ones to make them like I want. And I made a collection for me to use only two mods in the end, not ten, and saved those two as .pack files. And finally I get it to upload both mods hidden on steam for my personal use.
    So I already reached a bit. But from "modding" like the awesome guys in this forums I am far, far away. Very far, far away.
    Now I have a question and need some help. But I can imagine that it is too difficult for me to handle it.

In TWS: Thrones of Britannia, when you conquer a settlement, minor or major, you get an public order penalty from -10 in vanilla. In beta it is -5. When you conquer another settlement in the same province, it stays -5 (or -10 in vanilla). Is there a way to add it up? Like if you conquer two settlements in one turn, that you have -10 in beta or -20 in vanilla? Or if you conquer a second settlement three rounds later, so that the penalty is down to -2 and goes up to -7 (or down to -7 in vanilla and goes up to -12)?

I think this needs scripting, does it? Or "only" some values and adding them up in some tables? Where and how to find those parts to mod? Or is it something, that only CA can change?

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Noob Needs Help (modding question)

Quote Originally Posted by Sturges One View Post
    Hi, my name is Sturges. I am such a noob in modding.

But in the last 24 hours, I get it to install the Pack File Manager, which I already used, to install the Total War Assembly Kit, which I didnt use until now, to download the latest Database Schema and the Updates from Dresden in "Tools, Tutorials and Resources" section.

In the PFM I already get it to change some values from some tables in my taste of playstyle. I also get it to "mod" inside the mods from other ones to make them like I want. And I made a collection for me to use only two mods in the end, not ten, and saved those two as .pack files. And finally I get it to upload both mods hidden on steam for my personal use.
    So I already reached a bit. But from "modding" like the awesome guys in this forums I am far, far away. Very far, far away.
    Now I have a question and need some help. But I can imagine that it is too difficult for me to handle it.

In TWS: Thrones of Britannia, when you conquer a settlement, minor or major, you get an public order penalty from -10 in vanilla. In beta it is -5. When you conquer another settlement in the same province, it stays -5 (or -10 in vanilla). Is there a way to add it up? Like if you conquer two settlements in one turn, that you have -10 in beta or -20 in vanilla? Or if you conquer a second settlement three rounds later, so that the penalty is down to -2 and goes up to -7 (or down to -7 in vanilla and goes up to -12)?

I think this needs scripting, does it? Or "only" some values and adding them up in some tables? Where and how to find those parts to mod? Or is it something, that only CA can change?

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for my bad english.
    My Suggestion would be to check the Campaign_variables table. i beleive in here are the fields that modify how much of a penalty you receive from capturing a settlement.

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Yep, campaign_variables...there is occupation_decision_XXXX items for various situations....probably something_something_public_order_reduction ish?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Yep, campaign_variables...there is occupation_decision_XXXX items for various situations....probably something_something_public_order_reduction ish?
    i could not have said it better myself

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian